Thursday Thirteen | Posted by Jannie on 30 May 2013 @ 9:12 AM
1. a cat (of course. we have six)
2. songwriting and gymnastics camp papers
5. old iPhone which i still use as my main vocal recorder
6. new cellphone — my amazing Samsung “Montage”
7. my feet (yes, my left one is there too I promise, under the hem of my fabulous new $12 hippie skirt.)
8. a pencil
9. my wallet
10. my bank ledger
11. my wonderful $200.00 Acer Aspire netbook that’s still sailing along after over 3 years. Hoping to squeeze another year out of it. Wish me luck!
12. the area rug Kalyani gifted me
13. my child-size oak rocking chair one day i’ll show you a pic of me sitting in
Wanna see 3 more recents of the cute sleeping cat? Sure ya do!! Here…
Posted with Love by Jannie, who is Thursday Thirteening again, whoooooohoooooo
Just Good Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 16 May 2013 @ 1:31 PM
My talented good friend Alice Audrey has inspired me to a 13 because she’d bravely exposed her desk.
13 things on one corner of my desk, un-posed, un-photoshopped and more-or-less un-focused….
1. A photo of Jim back in his Wilde West days.
2. Some of my Mothers Day flowers in a yardsale-boughten vase.
3. A yardsale-boughten bloom holder that houses my pens and such.
4. A 6″ by 8″ ceramic tile depicting the king’s daughters transporting baby Moses from the rushes to the castle. The tile was in a box of random odds and ends at a yard sale. Love it!
5. My business cards in a clear plastic holder.
6. An old pressed glass 9.5″ diameter 4.5″ tall pedestal cake stand.
7. A bombastically big & beautiful German Luster white / gilt cup and saucer.
8. A “Flight Of The Banana Seat Bike” postcard my dear sweet friend and fellow — I mean sister, songwriter Heather Miller mailed me. I met Heather at an Open Mike at The Whip-In here a couple years ago. She was down from Iowa for a year working on her music. She’s AWESOME!! (btw, I’ve revised the bridge of Banana Seat Bicycle and am still fiddling (and guitarring) with the 3rd verse. Glad I’d not recorded a “Final Vocal” of it for my 2nd cd yet. See… all really IS unfolding as is planned!!
9. A photo of me ‘n Kelly with Easter Bunny when she was 3.
10. A 2″ diam. flat-ish rock Kelly had written “R.I.P. Clipy — 2012 to 2012″ for a lobster we steamed last year. (A second rock with “R.I.P. Stuart” on it for the other lobster, is obscured from view by the cup and saucer and the cake stand.
11. paperclips in a small blue and white non-chipped!! porcelain bowl.
12. a rectangular covered basket full of little “mini DV” videotapes, maybe 60 hours worth of family video from my pre-memory card camera days. “One day” I’ll get those converted to whatever the new play-back technology of the day is.
13. a whole lotta love.
Yes, I sit at the helm of my eBay sales ship amidst packing peanuts, “to-ship” plastic bins and treasures bought at yard and estate sales — on a child-size rocking chair at a child-height desk. (Chair bought at a yardsale too!!)
(Photo of me in the chair for you some day — but I’ll have to get my ball gown dry-cleaned first for the photo shoot, of course!!)
A grown-up sized quarter-sawn solid oak credenza awaits in my future Colorado mountain lake-view mansion.
So that’s it! Happy Thursday Thirteening, and otherwise to you all. (Thanks to Alice’s comment it’s linked correctly now.)
With love, from Jannie
P.S. I know you see Kitty-Kitty in the last pic, but did you catch him in the middle one too?
Five Capodimontes all in a row
soon to adventure by U.S.P.O.
Italian demitasses mailed far away
to five special ladies for this Mothers’ Day
One to my sister, four others to old friends
Two of whom are depicted here on the ends…
That’s Kelly’s Godmother in pajamas on the right
Kelly’s Godfather Mitchell does dazzle in white
Yes, Jim was then and still is so handsome
Quite the carpenter and man — can he dance some!
The littlest dude back then was just three
The shortest gal there — yep, that was me
A toast to the sunrise in North Caroline
Little Dude’s now eighteen and I forty-nine
Five Capodimontes, but a sixth’s on my shelf
Heck yeah, I kept one of those beauties myself!
Will six cups be reunited? I really can’t say.
But I’ll drink and think of those friends every day.
~~ end of poem.
And should you ever like to partake in the pre-breakfast drinking ceremony called “Solar Oops,”
face the sun, put your right foot out, raise your glass in right hand and say…
“Solar oops, ein klaren dag.
annen hinnen mit bingen slag.
oop mitt merken, hanne pa berken.
alle sommen — skool!!”
(Or a reasonable facimile thereof.)
It’s Danish, I think?
It basically means “Life’s good. Let’s drink!”
And this just in… for Jannie this year
An iPad-made card from someone so dear!!
All of you, you Mothers or not… blessings and much laughter today and always.
Funsterment, Photography | Posted by Jannie on 23 April 2013 @ 10:58 PM
In Our Garden…
And in things we bought at yardsales to sell on eBay…
Notes on 3 of the above…
Kelly used an i-Pad ap for her professor look. Then I photoshopped in the books.
The final photo was taken last week. Very tricky photography to stand, trying to balance on my left foot and hold my right up steadily next to the hanging basket.
And the top photo I took yesterday as I posed somewhat comfortably on a stool.
Well, that’s it!! How are y’all doing? What’s your favorite of these 10? Mine’s the seedlings one.
The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 15 April 2013 @ 8:20 AM
hi kids! sinse my Jannie stil werking so mutch wit ebae, i maked you a speshill poste…
(don’t werry — the todlers had there own egg area, so my kelly and she big frends did not trample them up.)
so that’s it from me.
Now i have to help my jannie wit she pakking boxes and shiping labels. we having so mutch fun selling things that maeks peepil happy.
posted wit mutch loves from me — BB.
P.S. i am delited to answir all yor kommints, thanks yoo.