13 things on one corner of my desk, un-posed, un-photoshopped and more-or-less un-focused….
1. A photo of Jim back in his Wilde West days.
2. Some of my Mothers Day flowers in a yardsale-boughten vase.
3. A yardsale-boughten bloom holder that houses my pens and such.
4. A 6″ by 8″ ceramic tile depicting the king’s daughters transporting baby Moses from the rushes to the castle. The tile was in a box of random odds and ends at a yard sale. Love it!
5. My business cards in a clear plastic holder.
6. An old pressed glass 9.5″ diameter 4.5″ tall pedestal cake stand.
7. A bombastically big & beautiful German Luster white / gilt cup and saucer.
8. A “Flight Of The Banana Seat Bike” postcard my dear sweet friend and fellow — I mean sister, songwriter Heather Miller mailed me. I met Heather at an Open Mike at The Whip-In here a couple years ago. She was down from Iowa for a year working on her music. She’s AWESOME!! (btw, I’ve revised the bridge of Banana Seat Bicycle and am still fiddling (and guitarring) with the 3rd verse. Glad I’d not recorded a “Final Vocal” of it for my 2nd cd yet. See… all really IS unfolding as is planned!!
9. A photo of me ‘n Kelly with Easter Bunny when she was 3.
10. A 2″ diam. flat-ish rock Kelly had written “R.I.P. Clipy — 2012 to 2012″ for a lobster we steamed last year. (A second rock with “R.I.P. Stuart” on it for the other lobster, is obscured from view by the cup and saucer and the cake stand.
11. paperclips in a small blue and white non-chipped!! porcelain bowl.
12. a rectangular covered basket full of little “mini DV” videotapes, maybe 60 hours worth of family video from my pre-memory card camera days. “One day” I’ll get those converted to whatever the new play-back technology of the day is.
13. a whole lotta love.
Yes, I sit at the helm of my eBay sales ship amidst packing peanuts, “to-ship” plastic bins and treasures bought at yard and estate sales — on a child-size rocking chair at a child-height desk. (Chair bought at a yardsale too!!)
(Photo of me in the chair for you some day — but I’ll have to get my ball gown dry-cleaned first for the photo shoot, of course!!)
A grown-up sized quarter-sawn solid oak credenza awaits in my future Colorado mountain lake-view mansion.
So that’s it! Happy Thursday Thirteening, and otherwise to you all. (Thanks to Alice’s comment it’s linked correctly now.)
With love, from Jannie
P.S. I know you see Kitty-Kitty in the last pic, but did you catch him in the middle one too?
Considering Kelly’s been in Level 6 gymnastics for only 5 weeks, I’d say her 9.45 score for that routine in Dallas yesterday, earning her 2nd place for beam in her age group, is a darn fine achievement!
She also placed 2nd for her floor routine, with a 9.3.
She loves everything about gymnastics!
I do too! Of course, I’m just the chauffeur and check-writer, but the sport is wonderful and she has the best training you can imagine with really wonderful people!!
And due to their great scores yesterday, Kelly and her mates will advance to Level 7 in June!!
Now, beautiful and handsome friends….. I may not be posting here again for a month as another lady and I are sharing a business venture that needs a lot of time and attention. Might take only 2-3 weeks, tho. We’ll see how it goes.
I’ll be out to see you all at some point.
Have fun and laugh muchly every day, okay?! Life is beautiful.