To Jim of the Church of New Hope

Mysteries | Posted by Jannie on 13 October 2008 @ 10:54 PM 17 Comments

Dear Jim,
In regards to your kind inquiry about you and I possibly trading blog links via SiteSell Exchange, please take into consideration that I’ve an Mp3 on this site of a song I wrote about having a wedgie on my wedding day.  (Yes, a wedgie — as in my underwear firmly lodged up my buttock cheeks.  At my wedding.  In church, with God and angels watching and no man putting asunder & such.)
Although I tried to write said song in as good of taste as possible under such wedgieful circumstances, I fear in light of this divulgence you may not deem my blog unworthy of such a link exchange, which I am fully prepared for, as I understand you to be a Man of God by your e-mail header.
Also, I am known to use the phrase “kicking ass” or “ass kicking” on my blog with some regularity.   And do write the “f” word once in a blue blue moon.
If all this doesn’t bother you and you wish to proceed, please let me know.
Thanking you, I remain  your humble wedgied servant,
Jannie Funster
  • Twitter

On 14 October 2008 at 6:17 am

Renee said,

Jannie, I never thought I would see wedgie and kicking ass in the same blog… it just seems like an impossible combination… I hope Jim isn’t offended ;)

On 14 October 2008 at 2:05 pm

Yes, that wedgie kicked my ass!

On 14 October 2008 at 5:37 pm

Julie said,

Well…did you at least pick it in front of everyone? Cause that would have really kicked ass!

On 14 October 2008 at 6:20 pm

Alas, Julie, I was resigned to grinning and bearing it.

On 14 October 2008 at 6:35 pm

Thomma Lyn said,

This post made me giggle! I like to write songs, too, but I have never written one about wedgies. Sounds like a fun song! :)

On 14 October 2008 at 7:01 pm

Caitlin said,

Hahaha, you are too cute!

On 15 October 2008 at 12:33 am

Matthew Dryden said,

How can anyone NOT laugh at this act of brutal, but hilarious honesty! Subscribed!

On 15 October 2008 at 4:09 am

rechie said,

Hello, thanks for the comment….am here visiting..wuld love to add your webpage to my list…have a great day

On 15 October 2008 at 6:26 am

Michael Lee said,

The only song I ever wrote was a heartfelt treatise on racism…I was about 8…

If I’d stuck to playing with He-Man, probably would have had more friends?

On 15 October 2008 at 5:48 pm

ruth said,

Bring on the Wedgie Song!

On 15 October 2008 at 9:04 pm

Erin M said,

LOL!

Um, we sing a wedgie song at my house. My 5 yr old is plagued with them…

On 29 October 2008 at 10:04 pm

amy j. said,

Thanks Janie for leavin’ a comment on my blog. I’ve been perusing yours. You’re very funny. I really liked this post…sounds like my brand of sarcasm.

I’ll be back to visit. You don’t a stranger around my parts (blog) either. Nice to meet you.

On 30 October 2008 at 8:29 pm

Amy: Likewise, my friend. Dont’ be a stranger in my parts, either :)

I really didn’t mean to be sarcastic or seem disrespectful to Jim or God in this post. I do love God and I struggle a lot with my irreverance. I’m counting on Him to have a good sense of humor. I sure hope for my sake, He does.

On 10 January 2009 at 9:09 am

Steve said,

That post was too funny!! Is it a true story?? Wish I had been there ;)

Steve

Steve’s last blog post..CRUCIFICATION OF CHRISTIANS IS BACK (no joke)

On 10 January 2009 at 9:36 am

My goodness, you certainly dug back into an old post, Steve.

Yes! It was a true story. I know I joke around on here a lot but that was an e-mail I actually wrote.

Thanks for stoppin’ by!

On 27 January 2009 at 1:03 am

lspkpiz said,

sex stories fiction free alien

On 27 January 2009 at 12:06 pm

To heck with the sex stories. A free alien?? REALLY???? How could I possibly resist that offer? I’ve got to get on over to your site PRONTO and choose my alien!!!