How much more of a hint do I need?

The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 23 October 2008 @ 10:29 PM 28 Comments

She: Pick a number between 1 and 1000.
Me: Guessing game?
She: Yeah.
Me: Okay, 500.
She: No.
Me: Okay, can you tell me if I need to go higher or lower?
She: No.
Me: No?
She: No.
Me: 229?
She: No.
Me: Well, could you give me some kind of a hint?
She:  It’s not 229 – that’s your hint.

(P.S.  I don’t know what the heck a trackback is but I think I just added one to this post.  We’ll see what, if anything, happens.  And what the heck is a ping?)

On 23 October 2008 at 10:33 pm

Gattina said,

A Halloween tongue, lol !

On 24 October 2008 at 12:11 am

Did you get blue when she said “No”?
    Ask her if her number was between 1 n 10, what would it be? Then base the guess on that-
    Or say, “I’m sorry, Babe, I’m not psychic today!” I assume she knows you are sometimes…. Cause Moms know everything!

On 24 October 2008 at 12:47 am

squib said,

Upon my word! It’s the beginnings of Violet Beauregarde!

On 24 October 2008 at 12:53 am

Thomma Lyn said,

*giggle*! Love her blue tongue. And hey, “not 229” is a hint! 😉

On 24 October 2008 at 4:45 am

Julie said,

356? Does she know all the numbers between 1 and 1000? It’s funny, cause yesterday I asked my son, “pick a number between 1 and 10.” To which he replied, “35.” (that’s his favorite number cause it is his daddy’s age.

On 24 October 2008 at 5:30 am

Mama Zen said,

My daughter likes “guess what animal I am.” Drives me nuts!

On 24 October 2008 at 5:55 am

Shay said,

My brother used to do “Guess what corporate tax attorney I am.” (He’s never been a lot of fun)

On 24 October 2008 at 9:35 am

wade said,

In the game “Twenty Questions” does “Animal Vegetable or Mineral” count as one or three questions ?

On 24 October 2008 at 12:11 pm

justagirl said,

wow I dont know how you found my blog but I am glad you did. Love that you are in Austin and love that you are a songwriter. You daughter is beautiful

On 24 October 2008 at 12:28 pm

Molly said,

Hey thanks, for dropping by my site. I appreciate the input. I love this conversation. She’s made up her rules and she’s stickin’ by ’em.

On 24 October 2008 at 1:38 pm

Lisa said,

Your daughter is so cute! And for the record, my guess is 2…

Thanks for dropping by my blog –always nice to “meet” other people from Austin!

On 24 October 2008 at 4:10 pm

Kerri said,

Ping Pong?!

Oh and my guess is 42.

On 24 October 2008 at 6:11 pm

Caitlin said,

Haha, that is absolutely cute. I was also going to guess 42 but someone beat me to it! 😛

Also, a trackback is something that bloggers use to keep track of who is linking to their site. For example, if someone linked back to this post, it would make a trackback on this page linking back to the place where your post was linked at that site. I hope that made sense.

On 24 October 2008 at 8:12 pm

Vered - MomGrind said,

Your daughter is absolutely adorable. AND smart. She demonstrated some great negotiation skills here. :)

On 24 October 2008 at 9:21 pm

Bee said,

HA HA! Too funny! My 5 y/o niece loves to ask me questions and responds with weird off the wall things.

The other day she asked me why I decided to have dogs instead of kids. I told her I could put my dogs in a kennel but I’d go to jail if I did that to a kid. Her response “Well, your dogs’ kennels are too small. Maybe if you got big ones you wouldn’t go to jail.”

???

On 24 October 2008 at 9:36 pm

Nicole said,

Your daughter is so cute!

On 25 October 2008 at 7:04 am

Gattina, Justagirl, Molly, Lisa, and Nicole – hi, and welcome. Yes she is a cutie. I suppose now that I’m making almost $4.00 a week in ads I’m exploiting her cuteness.
    Vered, yes she is a born negotiator, like her dad.
    Thomma Lyn, always a pleasure to “see” you.
    Snag, good idea. As usual.
    Squib, yes, she’s sure got the golden ticket.
    Julie, she can actually count to a trillion (or could but would never live long enough.)
    MamaZ, guess what animal, we went through that stage too.
    Shay, guess what corporate tax atty – lol.
    Wade, we don’t count those 3 at all, for us they’re freebies to get the game going. Then you get your 20.
    Lisa, it WAS 2! I got it pretty fast.
    Kerri, kinda like tag I guess?
    Caity! Oh, now I get it. I have seen those.
    Bee, many parents have considered cages, yes indeed. Not THIS parent, but some have.

On 25 October 2008 at 9:49 am

Renee said,

Ha! This reminded me of a time when I was playing hang-man with my son and he wouldn’t guess a letter for 2 hours because he didn’t want to pick a wrong one. 2 HOURS!!!! And I guess I’m just as stubborn b/c I wouldn’t quit the game until he picked a letter (he was a captive audience… we were waiting on my car to get repaired.)

On 25 October 2008 at 9:49 am

Renee said,

P.S. Blue is my favorite kind! You gotta love those blue tongues! She’s so cute!

On 25 October 2008 at 10:15 am

karyn said,

love the game and picture!

On 25 October 2008 at 3:28 pm

Lisa said,

It was 2? I was right?? YESSSSSS… :)

On 26 October 2008 at 6:08 pm

Renee, the blue stuff is such garbage but she has it only once in a “Blue” moon.
    Karyn, I do like how the picture fits in perfectly with my blog’s colors too!
    Lisa, yes it was 2!! I think I next went 999, 998, 997, 1, 2 and had it! Kids!

On 27 October 2008 at 4:06 am

Jo said,

This really made me smile…and how cute is she!

On 27 October 2008 at 11:22 am

Glad ya smiled, Jo! I thought it was pretty funny too. She is my angel, that’s for sure.

On 27 October 2008 at 8:34 pm

Carla said,

Absolutely priceless!!!

On 1 November 2008 at 11:37 pm

KD @ A Bit Squirrelly said,

She is super awesome, and smart. Never give too much of a hint, that’s spoils the fun.

On 7 November 2008 at 4:59 pm

debbie said,

Jannie, This is such a cute post. Thanks for linking it to my site. I couldn’t get Mr. Linky to let me delete the first one you put on – so you get two on. No big deal! And I’m not sure about the ping thing either. I need to figure that out.

debbie’s last blog post..Another bad mothering confession

On 5 April 2009 at 4:27 pm

:) by:Kelly oh do you like cookies?