Doing It

Song Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 2 February 2009 @ 7:07 AM 77 Comments

photo credit : cowgirl berlin
Do you know that among other services, Broadjam, the Internet music sharing company, helps Indie musicians get their songs placed in TV and movies?  Okay, it costs $20 a song to submit to an Opportunity and I’m guessing that less than .001% of submissions actually get placed but hey – I just gave it a whirl and submitted my song ”Bones” to two Opportunities!  One call is for an FBI crime series and the other is for a horror film.
If you want a FREE download of my entire “Bones” song, please CONTACT ME and I’ll be happy to e-mail the MP3 to you.
No need to leave your e-mail address, it’s already on file for my eyes only here.  (Unless you’ve left a ficticious one?)   :)
I’ll be interested to hear your interpretation of “Bones.”  I have one way I describe it but I don’t want to sway your innocent mind so I’ll let the song speak to you itself and if you want to come back and tell me what it says to you – please do!
Have a super-great day and if you have a dream, no matter how big or small, I hope you’re DOING IT too!
(And sweet dreams tonight.  Don’t let the bed bones bite.) ;)
  • Twitter

On 2 February 2009 at 7:29 am

Hi Jannie – yes, send the download! Lynn

Lynn’s last blog post..Hands held, warmth and journey

On 2 February 2009 at 8:13 am

Dot said,

Yes, please send. You have somewhat revealed what you think of the song by your choice of opportunities, though. Congratulations on doing this!

Dot’s last blog post..About Your Business

On 2 February 2009 at 8:49 am

Writer Dad said,

Color me curious. I’d love to hear it.

Thanks.

Writer Dad’s last blog post..The Blueprint is Here

On 2 February 2009 at 9:12 am

Belle Bamford said,

Oh Yes Please!

Belle Bamford’s last blog post..SISTER ACT

On 2 February 2009 at 9:28 am

K said,

Go for it!

That’s awesome. Definitely worth a $20 gamble.

K’s last blog post..Super Steelers!

On 2 February 2009 at 9:42 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

Dem Bones, dem bones. Gosh, you are a firdbrand of creativity and drive. You really might achieve that status of fame you crave one fine day, and actually grace the cover of the Rolling Stone, curlers, bra, thong, and all. Email me for address. I could dig a good dose of Bones.

Glenn

Glenn Buttkus’s last blog post..The Blanket Around Her

On 2 February 2009 at 10:09 am

sheila said,

Oooo, pls send me the link! thanks!

On 2 February 2009 at 10:13 am

Karyn said,

I’d like to hear all of Bones. (I like the skeleton cowboys.)

On 2 February 2009 at 11:05 am

sheila said,

Whatcha gonna do? I’m listening to it again right now. Kinda catchy. Would be GREAT for a CSI show! although my first thought was of that little Caylee Anthony. poor kid.

Catchy in a mildy creepy way! LOL

sheila’s last blog post..We are but a speck.

On 2 February 2009 at 12:19 pm

Lance said,

Hi Jannie,
    A Jannie song!! It’s got to be a winner – I’d love to listen (you knew that already, didn’t you!)!!!

Lance’s last blog post..Sunday Thought For The Day

On 2 February 2009 at 12:30 pm

It’s in my head now – this song about bones…

Lynn’s last blog post..Hands held, warmth and journey

On 2 February 2009 at 1:04 pm

Thomma Lyn said,

I’d love a copy of your Bones song!

And congratulations on submitting your song!

How exciting. :D xxoo

Thomma Lyn’s last blog post..Maelstrom Valentine’s Day Contest

On 2 February 2009 at 1:29 pm

Kim Woodbridge said,

I guess the series is Bones ;-)

I’d love to hear it Jannie. I think that’s great that you took a chance and submitted it – I really hope it gets played.

Kim Woodbridge’s last blog post..February Special: 15% off All Services (I Love My Clients)

On 2 February 2009 at 3:27 pm

Mia said,

Sounds like a fun song and a great opportunity! Love the picture you chose as well.

Mia’s last blog post..Moms Still Give Good Advice

On 2 February 2009 at 4:26 pm

Cath Lawson said,

Hi Jannie – I’m back from the dead.

This is brilliant. I would love to hear your download – I bet it’s great and I hope they choose it.

Cath Lawson’s last blog post..The World Is Knackered – What About You?

On 2 February 2009 at 5:54 pm

Tammy said,

Hey Jannie
    Thank you for that comment you left on my blog. Very kind. I will miss you a lot! I am not just tossing out cordial greeting words. I do mean that. I am beginning to experience drug withdrawals from surrendering up my blog.

There is a HUGE part of me that does not want to let that go and I have some private reasons that I did not reveal there for deleting it.

Anyway, I just you to know that I would love to keep in touch with you. I am going to have a new e-mail address and I don’t know exactly how to get that to you.

I don’t want to leave it here because it has my full name in it and I don’t want to drop that out to the public. If your blogger e-mail address works drop me an e-mail and i will send it to you.

On 2 February 2009 at 6:17 pm

Cathy said,

how exciting!! I’d like to hear it!

Cathy’s last blog post..Life According To The Better World Shopping Guide

On 2 February 2009 at 6:21 pm

wade said,

Is this the song where the hip bnone is connected to the thigh bone ?

On 2 February 2009 at 6:33 pm

nikkicrumpet said,

I hope they both fall in love with your song…and then they have a HUGE fight over who gets to use it!!!

nikkicrumpet’s last blog post..Who needs Hi-tech gadgets…

On 2 February 2009 at 7:08 pm

Hello, All, hope the MP3s arrived intact?

I thank you all so much for commenting, for requesting the free download and for sharing your kind congrats for my Big Leap. Thanks Lynn, Dot, Belle, Sheila, Lance, Thomma Lynn, Mia, Cathy, and Wade.

Those of you who have left other statements, I will reply here below.

Writer Dad, welcome, glad you could pop in. (Writer Dad’s first time here!)

K: Yes, no downside to 20 bucks!

Glenn: Fame? Is that what I’m after, you think? I’m all about the fortune.

Karyn: Ain’t those skeletons something else!

Sheila: Yes, sadly it does make one think of horrible things such as innocent victims.

I wonder how I could get on CSI? Broadjam didn’t say which series the Opportunity was for. I’ll look into that.

Cath: Welcome back! Missed you.

Kim: I have no idea if it’s for Bones, but that might be cool. Could even be for new show.

Tammy: I do not have an e-mail via Blogger but you can always reach me from my Contact page here, it links to e-mail. Gonna miss you and will be thinking about you.

Oh Nikki: Maybe they will BOTH want and be able to use it! Dream big Jannie, dream big.

Again, thank you ALL so much. I’ll offer more free downloads eventually of the newer songs I’ve written.

On 2 February 2009 at 8:07 pm

louise said,

free? i’m there!

louise’s last blog post..Fry’s in Austin, Tx – HOMOPHOBIC!! BOYCOTT !!

On 2 February 2009 at 9:27 pm

Talon said,

Glowing, colourful bones. Would love to hear the song…so yes, please!

Bony fingers and toes crossed that your song gets placed…even a tiny percent is a positive percent.

Talon’s last blog post..Congratulations

On 2 February 2009 at 9:41 pm

Cricket said,

Me too please. I love what I have already heard of yours!

Cricket’s last blog post..Getting Muddy

On 2 February 2009 at 9:58 pm

Mama Zen said,

Are you kidding? Send that thang!

Mama Zen’s last blog post..Here? Now?

On 2 February 2009 at 10:32 pm

Caity said,

Oooh, I’d love to have a copy, too! Please send it my way, as well!

Caity’s last blog post..As a 4-year-old once said, “Love is when a woman puts on purfume and a man puts on cologne and they go out and smell each other.”

On 2 February 2009 at 11:55 pm

Louise, Cricket, Mama Zen, Caity… hope it reached you fine and dandy? And ain’t this Internet thing great? I have a feeling it’s going to catch on very, very, very well!

Talon: Yes ’tis a positive percent, isn’t it? Can’t win unless you’re in.

On 3 February 2009 at 2:02 am

Barbara Swafford said,

Hi Jannie – Count me in. I love your music.

Barbara Swafford’s last blog post..SEO – Are We Getting It All Wrong

On 3 February 2009 at 7:33 am

Joy said,

send the download

Joy’s last blog post..A Review Of For The May Queen by Kate Evans

On 3 February 2009 at 7:43 am

Just listened to it again. Maybe it will end up on “Without a Trace” the FBI crime show in CBS. I envision this song playing behind a scene in which bones are dug from a backyard or basement.

Lynn’s last blog post..Shine, winter and whimsy

On 3 February 2009 at 9:14 am

Ryan said,

you’re a carnation

Ryan’s last blog post..

On 3 February 2009 at 10:09 am

wade said,

Well, loved the song.have played it three times. Want me to send it to a Record Producer friend or are you already signed ?

On 3 February 2009 at 10:26 am

Tracy said,

How neat! I’d love to hear it.

Tracy’s last blog post..He’s Just Not That Into You Soundtrack Review

On 3 February 2009 at 10:48 am

Lance said,

I’m back…you done great Jannie! Love the song! It’s uniquely “you”!

(in case you can’t here it – applause is sounding loudly!!)

Lance’s last blog post..Smile!

On 3 February 2009 at 11:29 am

Guys, thanks for your e-mails and comments here. Funny thing is we don’t even watch those crime shows, but I hear they are wildly successful!

If I make some money off the song we’ll take Kelly on a Disney cruise, pay off some debt and buy 122 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios!

And yes to Wade sending my tune to any record producer he wants to!!!

On 3 February 2009 at 12:25 pm

AndreaMai said,

Would love to hear your song! Did you submit it for a certain character known as Bones to a certain FBI agent on a particularly awesome show by the same names as your song?

AndreaMai’s last blog post..Novellas and Short Fiction, Part 3

On 3 February 2009 at 12:43 pm

Rhett said,

Send me!

On 3 February 2009 at 12:44 pm

Retro Heather said,

Yes! Yes! Yes! Pop a bone over to me!

Retro Heather’s last blog post..Would a Tuesday by any other name smell as sweet?

On 3 February 2009 at 2:44 pm

Jewel/Pink Ink said,

I’d love to hear it, Jannie!

Jewel/Pink Ink’s last blog post..If You Had to Live The Same Day

On 3 February 2009 at 6:48 pm

Davina said,

Hi Jannie. I’d LOVE to hear your song. Please send me a copy. I just read the post before this one and have to say that your daughter Kelly is adorable.

Davina’s last blog post..Guest Post: Emotions — The Universal Language

On 3 February 2009 at 9:41 pm

TheWeyrd1 said,

So Sunday I was reading my Denver Post and THERE it was in the Lifestyle section: an article about Ukulele’s. Thought you might want to check it out: http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_11595617

TheWeyrd1’s last blog post..Wednesday’s Wine – Borsao 2007 Red Wine and Rose Wine

On 3 February 2009 at 10:19 pm

Momisodes said,

That is awesome! I’m so excited for you :)

Momisodes’s last blog post..It’s not about me

On 3 February 2009 at 11:45 pm

teahouseblossom said,

Dem bones, dem bones, dem…good bones.

I’m having trouble downloading. But I love the photo!

On 4 February 2009 at 2:09 am

Wasn’t a snippet already on your Songs page? I haven’t had time to hear those yet, due to a slow modem n limited hard-disk space available. My machine is ancient, circa ‘01. Maybe this day off I can load-

Before hearing it I’ll tell ya that when I hear the word “Bones” I think of poor Molly Bish’s bones getting picked out of the Palmer MA woods one vertebrea at a time- (She kinda resembles MB), n was missing two years. I had her pic on my wall. Then parts were found in woods I had to drive past to visit MB, soon after thinking I felt her ghost there- It’s an eerrie thought for me.

I’m sure the song is tons different!

SnaggleTooth’s last blog post..Bail Out

On 4 February 2009 at 4:59 am

Belle Bamford said,

Your voice is so awesome. I love you and I love your song!

Belle Bamford’s last blog post..CAPTAIN AMERICA

On 4 February 2009 at 6:07 am

Miladysa said,

I would love to hear it Jannie :D

& Good Luck!

On 4 February 2009 at 6:35 am

Shay said,

Gimme please. I’m sure it will thrill me to the marrow, hehehe.

Shay’s last blog post..The Burn

On 4 February 2009 at 6:44 am

AndreaMai: I have actually never watched that show, I watch almost no TV. (how could I, I’m on this computer so much!)

Rhett, Heather, Jewel, Davina, Momisodes, Teahouse, Miladysa: Hope you all got your downloads?

Davina: Yes, she’s a cutie. (Like I really had anything to do with it.) Thanks for saying.

Weyrd1: Read the article. Cool! Was surprised they didn’t mention Folk Uke. The jokes were funny!

Snag: Yes there was some of the song up here indeed, as a snippet. Just Googled Molly Bish, so sad. I am really hoping with Kelly’s Kung Fu and self defense she will know what to do if and when she needs it.

I do hope the song is tons different for you. It’s just a bunch of words I strung together over a melody I had.

Belle: Thank you.

On 4 February 2009 at 6:51 am

Shay: to the marrow, the pun just never stops with you, does it? :)

On 4 February 2009 at 9:05 am

Stacey / Create a Balance said,

I’d love to hear it too! And yes, I’m living my big dreams one step at a time.

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..Hungry for Balance Online Retreat

On 4 February 2009 at 1:21 pm

Ryan said,

I like your bones song. Make sure to give your song lots of calcium.

Ryan’s last blog post..Munching plants and learning science and bitching about vocab, oh my

On 4 February 2009 at 4:25 pm

Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com said,

I am interested! Please share!
    Thanks

Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com’s last blog post..Is Consultant Career For Me?

On 4 February 2009 at 4:26 pm

Heff said,

As a musician, I’d LOVE to hear it, Funster !!

Heff’s last blog post..KISS Heff Goodbye, Chase !

On 4 February 2009 at 4:46 pm

Cindy said,

Sounds fun… I wouldn’t mind an email of it :)

I really need to get this comment luv or something like it onto my blog… and also figure out how to make my blogroll let me add you. I dunno if I mistyped or what, but blogger didn’t like your site last time I checked.

Cindy’s last blog post..selling stuff OR how to not have so much junk in my house!

On 4 February 2009 at 6:41 pm

robbi said,

Fudripple,Listened to your music and can only say,and can only say, and can only say.Well I’m stuck for a phrase that will say just what I can only say which possibly is”What a clever chick you are and I am in total awe, etc etc etc.” Oh, and before I run off too much at the ecstatic dribble, I voted for everything on your list, but only once mind, as honesty is the best policy. Next to being a sycophantic raver of course.

robbi’s last blog post..ink marks on a blank page Thurs 22nd Jan

On 4 February 2009 at 8:54 pm

Patricia said,

I think hearing a song about bones might make mine feel better right now…

I can’t wait…Thank you

Patricia’s last blog post..I Needs

On 4 February 2009 at 9:01 pm

Renee said,

Oh my gosh! I can’t wait to hear it!!!!!

Renee’s last blog post..Goodbye Evil Mother-in-Law…

On 4 February 2009 at 10:11 pm

Patricia said,

That’s great, I liked it very much and I am sure they should choose you for their song…leader…

It made me laugh too and that was quite healing!
    Thank you…oh you creative and talented one!

Patricia’s last blog post..I Needs

On 4 February 2009 at 11:52 pm

ella said,

Yes, please!

ella’s last blog post..da BOSS!

On 5 February 2009 at 7:11 am

See all you guys later! Off to munch my Honeynut Cheerios now.

On 5 February 2009 at 3:41 pm

Stacey: one step at a time, that’s how it’s done, yes indeed. Keep moving forward little by little.

Ryan: thank you!

Robbi: Dittoes, glad you like it. I just threw a bunch of my favorite spooky words over a favorite spooky melody and Bones-your-uncle.

Patricia: Oh I am so glad you heard the humor, that it came through the darkness!

Cindy: Blogger hates my site!! They are quite averse to bra flinging. I am not sure if Comment Luv is even available on Blogger sites?

Alik, Renee, Heff, and Ella – hope you got the download fine and were able to listen?

Jannie’s last blog post..Kalyani’s Magic Fuzzy Pants

On 5 February 2009 at 3:41 pm

Sara said,

I join the crowd…I would love to hear your song! Please send me a copy. I also like the picture. As my younger daughter is studying to be a forensic anthropologist, I get to see lots of skeletons and other stuff that you really wouldn’t want to see, unless you’re a big CSI fan. Hope you enjoyed your Honeynut Cheerios!

On 6 February 2009 at 12:24 am

joaquin said,

there is never enough music. i would like a song please!

(and best of luck w/ the submissions!)

joaquin’s last blog post..The Killing Tree

On 6 February 2009 at 10:15 am

J.D. Meier said,

Send me Bones … I’m ready for it.

J.D. Meier’s last blog post..Avoid Mental Burnout

On 7 February 2009 at 4:53 pm

Sara: Hope you got the song okay? Forensic anthropoligist– boy should that tune be prefect for her! Let me know what she thinks of it. And thanks so much for popping by my blog. I love comments!

Joaquin: Yes, hopefully you got it too. “there is never enough music.” What a deep and true thought. Thank you. And thank you for coming by here.

J.D. Okay, here it comes. Or did I already send it to you? Will have to check my “Sent” items to make sure. Oh yeah, I remember now I did.

On 8 February 2009 at 11:31 am

Carla said,

I’d love to have a listen. Are you still sending copies out?

Carla’s last blog post..Hug Fest

On 9 February 2009 at 4:54 am

Carla, hope you got the tune intact? :) And yes, I’ll still be sending out the MP3, as long as this post is up with coments turned on!

On 15 February 2009 at 6:04 pm

Nellie Apple said,

Yehaaa!!! Skel cowboys ^_^

On 16 February 2009 at 12:25 pm

Nellie, here it comes to you in 5,4,3,2…..

On 14 March 2009 at 8:34 am

Allison said,

I’m ready for my free MP3! ;) Thanks!

Allison’s last blog post..We interrupt this blog for something non-endo related…

On 26 March 2009 at 9:10 am

Paul Frazier said,

If you want to share your song, I would love to hear it.
    Many thanks! Paul

On 6 April 2009 at 10:01 am

Lane Savant said,

You are a constant source of inspiration.
    I would love to be able to listen to your music.

Lane Savant’s last blog post..No Lighthouse today

On 6 April 2009 at 11:37 am

Allison, Paul and Lane, I hope you all got your MP3s intact? I aim to please. And hope you all are having pleasant screams at night?? :)

On 7 May 2009 at 6:03 pm

Linda said,

Please email me the entire download Bones song. Thank you so much

On 11 June 2009 at 10:39 pm

Hey, Linda. I hope you got it fine?! I didn’t hear back from you, and assume you did.

On 15 September 2009 at 10:25 pm

Anon said,

Hi Jannie – yes, send the download! Lynn

On 30 September 2009 at 2:20 am

suzie said,

hi jannie…. please send to me the bones song (true blood)

On 30 September 2009 at 10:00 am

Yes, downloads coming to you last four pronto!!!

xo