Doing It

Song Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 2 February 2009 @ 7:07 AM 77 Comments

photo credit : cowgirl berlin
Do you know that among other services, Broadjam, the Internet music sharing company, helps Indie musicians get their songs placed in TV and movies?  Okay, it costs $20 a song to submit to an Opportunity and I’m guessing that less than .001% of submissions actually get placed but hey — I just gave it a whirl and submitted my song “Bones” to two Opportunities!  One call is for an FBI crime series and the other is for a horror film.
If you want a FREE download of my entire “Bones” song, please CONTACT ME and I’ll be happy to e-mail the MP3 to you.
No need to leave your e-mail address, it’s already on file for my eyes only here.  (Unless you’ve left a ficticious one?)   :)
I’ll be interested to hear your interpretation of “Bones.”  I have one way I describe it but I don’t want to sway your innocent mind so I’ll let the song speak to you itself and if you want to come back and tell me what it says to you — please do!
Have a super-great day and if you have a dream, no matter how big or small, I hope you’re DOING IT too!
(And sweet dreams tonight.  Don’t let the bed bones bite.) 😉

On 3 February 2009 at 10:19 pm

Momisodes said,

That is awesome! I’m so excited for you :)

Momisodes’s last blog post..It’s not about me

On 3 February 2009 at 11:45 pm

teahouseblossom said,

Dem bones, dem bones, dem…good bones.

I’m having trouble downloading. But I love the photo!

On 4 February 2009 at 2:09 am

Wasn’t a snippet already on your Songs page? I haven’t had time to hear those yet, due to a slow modem n limited hard-disk space available. My machine is ancient, circa ’01. Maybe this day off I can load-

Before hearing it I’ll tell ya that when I hear the word “Bones” I think of poor Molly Bish’s bones getting picked out of the Palmer MA woods one vertebrea at a time- (She kinda resembles MB), n was missing two years. I had her pic on my wall. Then parts were found in woods I had to drive past to visit MB, soon after thinking I felt her ghost there- It’s an eerrie thought for me.

I’m sure the song is tons different!

SnaggleTooth’s last blog post..Bail Out

On 4 February 2009 at 4:59 am

Belle Bamford said,

Your voice is so awesome. I love you and I love your song!

Belle Bamford’s last blog post..CAPTAIN AMERICA

On 4 February 2009 at 6:07 am

Miladysa said,

I would love to hear it Jannie 😀

& Good Luck!

On 4 February 2009 at 6:35 am

Shay said,

Gimme please. I’m sure it will thrill me to the marrow, hehehe.

Shay’s last blog post..The Burn

On 4 February 2009 at 6:44 am

AndreaMai: I have actually never watched that show, I watch almost no TV. (how could I, I’m on this computer so much!)

Rhett, Heather, Jewel, Davina, Momisodes, Teahouse, Miladysa: Hope you all got your downloads?

Davina: Yes, she’s a cutie. (Like I really had anything to do with it.) Thanks for saying.

Weyrd1: Read the article. Cool! Was surprised they didn’t mention Folk Uke. The jokes were funny!

Snag: Yes there was some of the song up here indeed, as a snippet. Just Googled Molly Bish, so sad. I am really hoping with Kelly’s Kung Fu and self defense she will know what to do if and when she needs it.

I do hope the song is tons different for you. It’s just a bunch of words I strung together over a melody I had.

Belle: Thank you.

On 4 February 2009 at 6:51 am

Shay: to the marrow, the pun just never stops with you, does it? :)

On 4 February 2009 at 9:05 am

Stacey / Create a Balance said,

I’d love to hear it too! And yes, I’m living my big dreams one step at a time.

Stacey / Create a Balance’s last blog post..Hungry for Balance Online Retreat

On 4 February 2009 at 1:21 pm

Ryan said,

I like your bones song. Make sure to give your song lots of calcium.

Ryan’s last blog post..Munching plants and learning science and bitching about vocab, oh my

On 4 February 2009 at 4:25 pm

Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com said,

I am interested! Please share!
    Thanks

Alik Levin | PracticeThis.com’s last blog post..Is Consultant Career For Me?

On 4 February 2009 at 4:26 pm

Heff said,

As a musician, I’d LOVE to hear it, Funster !!

Heff’s last blog post..KISS Heff Goodbye, Chase !

On 4 February 2009 at 4:46 pm

Cindy said,

Sounds fun… I wouldn’t mind an email of it :)

I really need to get this comment luv or something like it onto my blog… and also figure out how to make my blogroll let me add you. I dunno if I mistyped or what, but blogger didn’t like your site last time I checked.

Cindy’s last blog post..selling stuff OR how to not have so much junk in my house!

On 4 February 2009 at 6:41 pm

robbi said,

Fudripple,Listened to your music and can only say,and can only say, and can only say.Well I’m stuck for a phrase that will say just what I can only say which possibly is”What a clever chick you are and I am in total awe, etc etc etc.” Oh, and before I run off too much at the ecstatic dribble, I voted for everything on your list, but only once mind, as honesty is the best policy. Next to being a sycophantic raver of course.

robbi’s last blog post..ink marks on a blank page Thurs 22nd Jan

On 4 February 2009 at 8:54 pm

Patricia said,

I think hearing a song about bones might make mine feel better right now…

I can’t wait…Thank you

Patricia’s last blog post..I Needs

On 4 February 2009 at 9:01 pm

Renee said,

Oh my gosh! I can’t wait to hear it!!!!!

Renee’s last blog post..Goodbye Evil Mother-in-Law…

On 4 February 2009 at 10:11 pm

Patricia said,

That’s great, I liked it very much and I am sure they should choose you for their song…leader…

It made me laugh too and that was quite healing!
    Thank you…oh you creative and talented one!

Patricia’s last blog post..I Needs

On 4 February 2009 at 11:52 pm

ella said,

Yes, please!

ella’s last blog post..da BOSS!

On 5 February 2009 at 7:11 am

See all you guys later! Off to munch my Honeynut Cheerios now.

On 5 February 2009 at 3:41 pm

Stacey: one step at a time, that’s how it’s done, yes indeed. Keep moving forward little by little.

Ryan: thank you!

Robbi: Dittoes, glad you like it. I just threw a bunch of my favorite spooky words over a favorite spooky melody and Bones-your-uncle.

Patricia: Oh I am so glad you heard the humor, that it came through the darkness!

Cindy: Blogger hates my site!! They are quite averse to bra flinging. I am not sure if Comment Luv is even available on Blogger sites?

Alik, Renee, Heff, and Ella – hope you got the download fine and were able to listen?

Jannie’s last blog post..Kalyani’s Magic Fuzzy Pants

On 5 February 2009 at 3:41 pm

Sara said,

I join the crowd…I would love to hear your song! Please send me a copy. I also like the picture. As my younger daughter is studying to be a forensic anthropologist, I get to see lots of skeletons and other stuff that you really wouldn’t want to see, unless you’re a big CSI fan. Hope you enjoyed your Honeynut Cheerios!

On 6 February 2009 at 12:24 am

joaquin said,

there is never enough music. i would like a song please!

(and best of luck w/ the submissions!)

joaquin’s last blog post..The Killing Tree

On 6 February 2009 at 10:15 am

J.D. Meier said,

Send me Bones … I’m ready for it.

J.D. Meier’s last blog post..Avoid Mental Burnout

On 7 February 2009 at 4:53 pm

Sara: Hope you got the song okay? Forensic anthropoligist– boy should that tune be prefect for her! Let me know what she thinks of it. And thanks so much for popping by my blog. I love comments!

Joaquin: Yes, hopefully you got it too. “there is never enough music.” What a deep and true thought. Thank you. And thank you for coming by here.

J.D. Okay, here it comes. Or did I already send it to you? Will have to check my “Sent” items to make sure. Oh yeah, I remember now I did.

On 8 February 2009 at 11:31 am

Carla said,

I’d love to have a listen. Are you still sending copies out?

Carla’s last blog post..Hug Fest

On 9 February 2009 at 4:54 am

Carla, hope you got the tune intact? :) And yes, I’ll still be sending out the MP3, as long as this post is up with coments turned on!

On 15 February 2009 at 6:04 pm

Nellie Apple said,

Yehaaa!!! Skel cowboys ^_^

On 16 February 2009 at 12:25 pm

Nellie, here it comes to you in 5,4,3,2…..

On 14 March 2009 at 8:34 am

Allison said,

I’m ready for my free MP3! 😉 Thanks!

Allison’s last blog post..We interrupt this blog for something non-endo related…

On 26 March 2009 at 9:10 am

Paul Frazier said,

If you want to share your song, I would love to hear it.
    Many thanks! Paul

On 6 April 2009 at 10:01 am

Lane Savant said,

You are a constant source of inspiration.
    I would love to be able to listen to your music.

Lane Savant’s last blog post..No Lighthouse today

On 6 April 2009 at 11:37 am

Allison, Paul and Lane, I hope you all got your MP3s intact? I aim to please. And hope you all are having pleasant screams at night?? :)

On 7 May 2009 at 6:03 pm

Linda said,

Please email me the entire download Bones song. Thank you so much

On 11 June 2009 at 10:39 pm

Hey, Linda. I hope you got it fine?! I didn’t hear back from you, and assume you did.

On 15 September 2009 at 10:25 pm

Anon said,

Hi Jannie – yes, send the download! Lynn

On 30 September 2009 at 2:20 am

suzie said,

hi jannie…. please send to me the bones song (true blood)

On 30 September 2009 at 10:00 am

Yes, downloads coming to you last four pronto!!!

xo