I Found My Thrill… on Aventine Hill

Friends | Posted by Jannie on 29 April 2009 @ 2:15 PM 34 Comments

A whiff of body lotion can’t really transport us to peaceful places, right?!  We’re all grown up and hip to advertizing hooey. YET… just one enchanting encounter with my new Aventine Hill “Relaxation Hand & Body Lotion” did sweep me gloriously farther away in 2 seconds than I ever was swept in years with another lotion.   Must be that kiss of vanilla and lemon!

Sorry, certain brand of face soap, you’ll be seeing a lot less of me now that I have “Grandma’s Herbal Cleansing Grains” by Aventine Hill, with kaolin clay, rice powder, yogurt powder, colloidal oatmeal and other wonderful ORGANIC goodies!

Let’s face it, I’ve been obsessively good to my skin since my mid-twenties (except of course, for my tan in 1999 when Y2K was going to end the world and, gosh-darn, if I were going to meet my Maker at the young age of 35 – I’d meet Him with a great-looking tan.)   So, combined with the suncare products I already use, Aventine Hill — created out of a love for nature — is the icing on my skin and soul-care’s cake.

Natural.  Organic.   No synthetic color.  No synthetic fragrance.   Handmade.  Etsy.  Great stuff.

And a GREAT VALUE too.   Plus, a Big Mothers’ Day Sale Going on NOW!

So, hop on over there to Aventine Hill, y’all.

P.S.  this is not a paid review, in case you were wonderin.’  :)

On 29 April 2009 at 2:33 pm

I wash my face with shampoo. I decided that would save time and money. But I will check out Aventine (except I would have to keep that from my Jafra selling sis, who rolls her eyes at the shampoo face washing thing.)

Lynn’s last blog post..Madly reading, angel and with all her might

On 29 April 2009 at 2:42 pm

Paige said,

Mother’s Day is that near?

Paige’s last blog post..April PAD

On 29 April 2009 at 2:46 pm

Lynn; Sometimes I use Kelly’s kid shampoo for my face! No tears. And love to mix it with Land O Lakes fat-free cream and scrub it well into my elbows with a sprig of ficus bush. My elbows are the talk of Austin. How are your elbows?

Paige: Yes, so they tell me, Mothers’ Day is fast approaching. Darn, better get somethign off to Mom, ASAP, she in the Canada country and all. I think I’ll send her one of my CDs!!

On 29 April 2009 at 3:03 pm

K said,

It sounds wonderful.

I became a bit obesses with skin care recently (I’ll be 30 soon and the wrinkles are beginning).

I love that it isn’t a paid advertisment.

K’s last blog post..Pirates in the News

On 29 April 2009 at 3:30 pm

sheila said,

You’re so sweet Jannie! Funny, I used the grains last saturday and ended up seeing a teacher from my kids old school and she actually commented on my skin. Is that wild or what? Now of course I use it all the time. :)

sheila’s last blog post..WW- Pretty In Pink

On 29 April 2009 at 3:35 pm

sheila said,

OMG, I JUST noticed me over there in your sidebar with the Chainsaw video! lol. You are so neat! How cool is that?????????? Thanks! (or should I type “tanks?”)

sheila’s last blog post..WW- Pretty In Pink

On 29 April 2009 at 4:56 pm

Tammy said,

Hey Jannie sorry about that, here is the link.
    http://thewindows2thesoul.blogspot.com/ I hope it works.
    I am coming back to your post here when I can give it undivided attention. I am studying for finals

On 29 April 2009 at 6:13 pm

Heather Happymaker said,

Great job! Is it true you’re now the CFO at Aventine Hill?

Heather Happymaker’s last blog post..In and Out

On 29 April 2009 at 6:21 pm

TheWeyrd1 said,

There was this very cool shop near the Pearl Street mall in Boulder called The Moon Sun Emporium. It was in what looked to be a very old apothecary with built in antique shelves…hard to describe. Anyway the light was low and it was basically a one sales clerk size place. Boy did it smell wonderful. Incense, soaps, lotions, everything that normally make me sneeze, somehow combined to transport me to another time and place…sigh. Then they moved to a large, large, HUGE store on right on the mall. A multiple clerk store. Makes me sneeze and hurts my eyes…sigh.

TheWeyrd1’s last blog post..Sunday Surf – A New Obsession

On 29 April 2009 at 7:28 pm

LOL – I cannot say that my elbows are the talk of anywhere! But I am glad to have them.

Lynn’s last blog post..Madly reading, angel and with all her might

On 29 April 2009 at 8:12 pm

K: I really really love the Aventine Hill stuff. The lotion is so smooth and creamy with those wonderful hints of fragrance. And the face cleanser gets right in there and gets at the pores, guess that’s the clay working. Never too young to attend to your skin and make it a life-long habit!

Sheila: Yes, you got a double-whammy this week. The cod fishing boot spoke on the tagline, so it seemed like a perfect lead-in to your wonderful products. My face feels so great now, I might just have to go wash it again!

Tammy: Cool! Thanks. Finals, eh? Better you than me :)

Happy Heather: I guess I am the new Aventine Hill PR maven? I just really like the stuff. And as I said, it is an incredible value even without the Mothers Day special deal. More people ought to know about Sheila’s stuff.

Weyrd1: How could they move??? Why? Why? Why can’t wonderful things stay just the way they were? We had a little coffee / bookshop like that at home. They went all BIG and we original partons were crushed to the point of rioting in the streets. Well, almost. Scent, eh? Our deepest sense, so they say.

And funny, but now I’m craving an eclair.

Lynn: I like my elbows too. And shoulders. And knees. Even my strangely shaped head comes in handy sometimes! :) btw, is Jafra a line of beauty products?

On 29 April 2009 at 9:39 pm

Renee said,

Jannie, I have to stop by more often! I have to catch up on your new videos… I can’t wait!

Speaking of sun… I burnt myself to a CRISP Monday while watching my boy play golf for school… I forgot the sunscreen. I am SO mad at myself for begging for wrinkles… this was going to be my first sun-free year. Oh well. I’ll check out that site :)

Renee

Renee’s last blog post..Fat Red Bird Mixed Media Sculpture/Painting/Collage

On 29 April 2009 at 10:13 pm

Christina Bledsoe said,

Well, you make it sound so good I almost want to run right out and buy some right now! Great review I will definitely try it out and let you know what I thought. Not right away though as I just filled up on soap.

Christina Bledsoe’s last blog post..Who Will Be American Idol’s Top Two?

On 29 April 2009 at 10:21 pm

Vered - MomGrind said,

“I’ve been obsessively good to my skin since my mid-twenties.” Sigh. You’re smarter than I am.

Vered – MomGrind’s last blog post..If You Want To Sell Something To Women, You’d Better Make It Pink

On 29 April 2009 at 11:14 pm

MiaHysteria said,

No one can do a review like you!

On 29 April 2009 at 11:29 pm

Patricia said,

My skin is my best feature and I take excellent care of it. I don’t tan so I just stay out of the sun as much as I am able. Guess I am glad that I live where it rains so much of the time.
    The Podiatrist said my feet were is awesome shape for someone my age…well I work at that too…maybe I should add elbows to the regime, but they seem fine?

I tested and now sell some vitamins – getting good nutrition is so helpful to the skin and the spirit…

Good review and made me wish I could try some, but alas I think my champagne drinking is eating into my budget for girlie things….Vered says on her blog if you want to sell to women use PINK…these jars and tops may not be PINK enough? hmmm

Patricia’s last blog post..Mending Fences

On 30 April 2009 at 2:23 am

Davina said,

Hi Jannie. You have such a playful spirit… even when talking about skin cream :-) I’m picky about what I use on my skin. I have one product that I’ve been using to wash with for a couple of years; has tea tree oil in it, olive oil and a bunch of other yummy stuff that you could probably eat – ha, ha.

I use Shea butter cream on my face and that’s about it. When I do go suntanning, which is about 4 times a summer, I cover my face with a towel. The sun is just too hot on my face and I get tanned enough when I’m out walking. No sense in overdoing it.

Davina’s last blog post..Positively Breathing — A Series Intro

On 30 April 2009 at 7:13 am

Yes – Jafra sells make-up, skin care, the works. It is sold in homes at parties, but my sister doesn’t really do that anymore, she mainly just gets it for a few people and delivers it to them. The moisturizing liquid make-up is the best I’ve ever used. (I slap on a little of that in the morning and thrown on some mascara and call it a day.)

Lynn’s last blog post..Long ago, dawning and the long way

On 30 April 2009 at 8:42 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

Nice to know that you take good care of the skin you’re in. When I was an actor, my gay brothers in yoke used to talk incessantly about skin products. I just used bargain cold cream to get the make up off. But I’m sure that Jim is very happy to skin test you on a regular basis. Does he like his wife to smell like vanilla and lemon? Sounds yummy.

When will you do an insert or a promo for selling we Funsters your CD? I believe that would be an instant sale of at least 50 of them! Are you waiting until after the concert/recital/show?

Glenn

Glenn Buttkus’s last blog post..True Stories

On 30 April 2009 at 10:21 am

wade said,

no comment

ses the irony ?

On 30 April 2009 at 10:31 am

Whee-hoo. I’m at the library. How cool is this?

But I gotta go, only have 7 minutes worked into my sdhcedule for blogging this a.m.

Will answer all comments but, WADE… I know you’re here in Austin, tho we’ve never met. I’ve never even see your photo, Mystery Man. Maybe I could set up a time to visit you and your lovely wife and give you both the old Grandma’s Herbal Cleansing Grains facial going-over and see what you think?? Could forever change your life! (In a very good way.) I could bring Jim too. After May 10th, of course. And some steaks. You got a backyard grille, right? :) 😉

Shoot now at 7.5 minutes. I’ll have to cut 30 seconds out of my elbow beautification routine later. 45 seconds now!

On 30 April 2009 at 2:02 pm

Talon said,

You sure are a master at time management! Down to the second – even a split second! I’m impressed as I am with this review…vanilla and lemon? Sounds good enough to eat!

On 30 April 2009 at 3:48 pm

Caity said,

Wow that looks cool. I’m definitely going to check it out.

Caity’s last blog post..Achoo!

On 30 April 2009 at 4:51 pm

Sara said,

I enjoyed the part about Y2K…you are so funny sometimes. It’s interesting to read a post about skin cream and actually be laughing.

Living in Florida, sun products take on a new meaning. I’ll have to check Aventine Hill for those. I have to be really careful about sun products. My skin is sensitive to them and sometimes I actually get burned by the product and not the sun:~)

Sara’s last blog post..Where’s Waldo? Where’s Sara?

On 30 April 2009 at 11:23 pm

Jannie, your post inspires readers to take care of and even pamper themselves. SO often, people neglect self-care. Your love and encouragement open the mind to new and exciting options. Thanks for the good humor!

Liara Covert’s last blog post..10 reasons to be grateful for difficulty

On 1 May 2009 at 12:17 am

Thomma Lyn said,

Vanilla and lemon? Mmm, that body lotion sounds wonderful. I’ll have to give it a try. I’ve taken good care of my skin, too, but if it weren’t for body lotion, I’d dry up and blow away. 😉

Thomma Lyn’s last blog post..Mirror Blue Release!

On 1 May 2009 at 1:24 am

Dear Lord, 7 minutes on blogging this morning and 3 hours tonight. heh-heh! And now it’s ‘way after midnight!! But Kelly’s school has the day off tomorrow, so what the heck — even tho I do have a couple of car titles to finish for Jim in the morning, I don’t have to get up at 6:30. I may even sleep in until 7:00! Or 7:15!!! The sheer decadence.

So, where was I? Oh yes, on my blog having fun.

Talon: Yes 7 minutes blogging in the a.m. and 3 hours at night – brilliant time-management plan! Do you think I should take out a patent on such a gem of a system? :)

Caity: You are so sweet. I know you are only 24, but your girlish complexion is never to young to be pampered.

Sara: Yes, I can be a hoot on occasion, can’t I? :) Remember the big Y2K brou-ha-ha? And maybe I’ll get a tan again in 2012, before the world ends on Dec 12th. I am not sure if Aventine Hill has any sun products. My favorite is a big towel over my head. Works like a charm! Sorry to hear about your sunscreen sensitivities. Have you tried a big towel over your head? And you can always cut out two holes for your eyes and wear sunglasses. Be a trendsetter!

Liara: Yay! I love and encourage people! I must not be so bad afterall. :) And J.D. Meier says music makes people feel alive. Wow, I’m such a happening gal.

Thomma Lynn: Body lotion is my next best friend to lip balm, which Aventine Hill has a great one too. Oh, I see your Comment Love “Mirror Blue Release!” YAY!!!!!!!!

Whoops, I still owe some of you…

Glenn: Yep, you inspired me to put up that little notice about my CD. Thanks for the reminder. I just picked them Tuesday. Well, actually Jim had Joker go down and get them. And they are so freaking GREAT!!! The packging has just made the music sound so extra good. I do say most humbly!

Renee: Well, that’s just my second video up and you can always click on my videos category to see them any time you wish. Sorry ’bout your sunburn, you lovely fair lass. Moderation. And the damage is cumulative!

Christina: It really is high quality stuff at a great price. And don’t worry, Aventine Hill will be there when your soap runs out. Just bookmark their site.

Vered: Well, I drnk a lot of wine and eat sweets to make up for it. Now who’s the smart one?? :)

Mia: Oh gee, thanks. I was kinda nervous that I’d bomb, but I guess this review came out kind of nice, eh? Amazing what the human mind can accomplish sometimes.

Patricia: Ah yes, you are the lady of fair skin and dark hair with the bewitching smile and eyes. Are you in a control group of ladies the same age to compare each other’s feet when you are 90? I bet yours will outshine any! And yes, I saw Vered’s pink earplug post. She is so funny. Always at the ready with her camera now that she’s blogging. Hmmn, so maybe Aventine Hill needs to go pink in their packaging? Interesting. I wonder if actual studies have been done?

Davina: No sense overdoing it is right! Are you quite fair complected? I’m in the second most succeptible group for skin cancer and Kelly with her reddish hair tint is in the first. They say most of our sun damage occurs before age 18. I like how Australia mandates hats for ALL school children. Smart!

Lynn: I had never heard of Jafra. Than again, I’ve not heard of a lot of things, apparently they’re still finding new elements for the periodic table, I’m sooo out of the loop on that table since high school. I only ever went as far as Grade 11 Chemistry. I am basically just a mascara and foundation gal too! The older we get, the less make-up we need, I find. Tomorrow night I’ll get all gussied up for the fund-raiser with eye-liner, a bit of medium brown eye shadow in the crease and no doubt touches of my Revlon Silver City Pink lipstick that Joe the German’s woman turned me onto years ago. My foundation is Revlons’ New Complexion, Ivory Beige, used it for 25 years now. Well, not the same bottle, of course.

Good night!!

On 1 May 2009 at 2:14 am

Robin said,

Now I could do with some of those cleansing grains – my favourite brand changed and doesn’t seem as good. That all sounds quite YUMMY!

Robin’s last blog post..Life And Teaching Of The Masters Of The Far East

On 1 May 2009 at 3:41 am

Once you find favs you never go back!
    Thanks for the referral.
    I get my stuff from Neways in Navada- especially love their essential oils- Lavender-yum) all natural/organic/ non-harmful stuff too- but pricey!
    I’m allergic to most fragrance tho- gives me rashes n asthma, especially vanilla! Their soap is the only non-irritaing brand I’ve yet to come across (different formula) n toothpaste too.

SnaggleTooth’s last blog post..2

On 1 May 2009 at 3:42 am

I meant to write Utah!

SnaggleTooth’s last blog post..2

On 1 May 2009 at 10:02 am

Dot said,

Sounds good enough to eat!

On 1 May 2009 at 12:56 pm

Robin: I highly recommend them. And no matter what skin type you have they work. Ah, the little pleasures.

Snag: Why mess with a great thing once you’ve found it, eh. Glad you get stuff that works great for you!

Dot: The grains you could eat, I guess! And good to see you again. Will you be putting up a new avatar of an updated pic if you get the Dame Judi Dench do?

On 4 May 2009 at 1:14 pm

J.D. Meier said,

How can you beat kisses of lemon and vanilla. You just can’t.

J.D. Meier’s last blog post..Choose Your Jobs Based on Strengths