Lazy River Sunday (Formerly Titled “Frisky Jim at the Water Park”)

Family, Kelp Knitting | Posted by Jannie on 29 July 2009 @ 7:16 AM 49 Comments

[With edits below.]

After a few relaxing times around the lazy river, Jim turned suddenly frisky and I captured his water slide antics in this 25-second video…

(No, it was not really Jim on that slide, it’s a clip off Youtube.  [I was joking but I see how I totally gave the impression it was Jim, sorry.  Jimmy would be sick for a week if he spun around on that thing even once, let alone 4 or 5 times. ]

That guy couldn’t be My Jim anyway ’cause My Jim is ‘way friskier and would’ve turned cartwheels, back flips and ended with a double lutz inside that thing. )  [Except he’d probalby puke, poor sweet Jimmy.]

On 30 July 2009 at 8:54 pm

Natural said,

that looks so cool, but i’m not a fan of water parks. i’d probably suck all the fun out of that one.

On 31 July 2009 at 8:11 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

blue bunny: my jannie is two weird, eatin spagettee two munch, and luvs donuts all day, when not sippin beers,
    yet wen she flinggs dat brasear so hi, sum peeples tink
    der is UFO in Austin.
    kelly: did you like the cool rain?
    blue bunny: not too munch, cuz my fur iz heevy, and wen wet can’t jump hi, like over kelly’s hed.
    kelly: but the rain feels so nice. it has been way too hot here in Texas a long time.
    blue bunny: no that two, cuz my carrot gardenn got so
    dri dat my carrots shrivvell ups, and tast badd.
    kelly: mom says I’m no shrinking violet. So what kind of violet am I?
    blue bunny: pretty one, fun one, my kelly girl.

On 31 July 2009 at 9:55 am

Tammy said,

It keeps amazing me at the following you have developed girl. You are a people person. This site is becoming a Jannie cult. What do you think about that? One day I am going to pop over here and find a photo of you enthroned wearing one of those huge (hats?) like Pope Benedict, and holding a scepter in your hand.

I am over here laughing because that image reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon i used to have. (Note to self: what happened to that tape?) Maybe you should set up a Jannie hot-line, start calling yourself Madam Jannie, and start selling fortunes. Now there’s an entrepreneurial idea for ya.

And I am not so sure about us doing water parks. I was scarred for life once when i almost drowned while my mom sat gossiping with her friend on the other side of the pool. I thought the gurgling sounds and continuously gasping for air should have been a clue. Of course, it was only 3 ft. of water so I assume she thought i would soon figure out to just stand up. I guess i did i am still around.

On 31 July 2009 at 9:58 am

Tammy said,

Jannie R U on line?
    U R always on line!!!!
    U addict!!

On 31 July 2009 at 4:35 pm

Wow, is it really after 4:00 already and I haven’t danced around the room and done my buttock lifts yet for the day? Shameful!

Oh, Dear QL, a.k.a Queen Levity… thank you, I am humbled that you shouldst not only find a moment of respite from the world here at Funsterland but that you shouldst be so kind to mention it here in this commenting area. Thank you!

Positive Zeenat: Wait, I already answered those, hee hee.

Dearest Liara: wait answered that one too.

Let’s try this one more time… Here we go…

Momisodes; I loved that watering day so much, as you probably can deduce from teh photos and such. Thanks for your usual lovely visit.

Natural: I went to Schlitterbahn once (only about 70 miles from here and reportedly the BEST WATERPARK IN THE WORLD, The travel Channel and others bill it so,) and it was pretty nuts, even on the lazy river. So that’s why I likes me that Hyatt resort. I bet you woudl actually liek it there! Will you come to Austin and we’ll hang there together?

Glenn: my furs went al funnie with wine that gots poored on it frm my jannie and beers too, so i liked the rane to wash it all off, and not to get eatin in stoos. and the mule stealed my karrits.

Tammy: Well, I did lure you all over here, but I do see my stats have a lot of new visitors, lurkers if you will, so there are peeps who read me who are actualy not rabid commenters. I LOVE the pope hat and scepter idea, yes indeed. Selling fortunes – I LOVE that idea! I may very well use that for a post, Thanks. Sorry ’bout the almost drowning trauma, I had that happen once too, not fun. Glad you’re still with us!! Actully I was not online for a while today – I was sleeping. :)

On 1 August 2009 at 7:20 am

Carol | Stress Eating said,

Coffee as a gateway drug to dark chocolate? Apparently, I don’t need a drug! Another great set of pics, and LOVE the video!

On 1 August 2009 at 9:09 pm

Lance said,

Ah yes, the 80’s … I did have some big hair there for a while (what was I thinking anyway?). Breakdance? If you consider breakdance to be “I break something when I dance”…then yes…

On 8 August 2009 at 10:20 pm

MiaHysteria said,

Love the photos. That looks like a great time!

On 9 August 2009 at 7:53 pm

Carol: I’m not sure if studies have been done on that but coffee in the p.m feels like bar of chocolate or big piece of pie is the obvious accompianiment.

Lance: You make me chuckle! I wonder just how big your hair was? As big as the 1992 hair I’ll be posting to this blog tomorrow? But how can you know, as it’s not tomorrow yet?

Mia: You are so nice to get around and catch up, you sweetie.