Rose DesRochers: Just how Great IS She?

Friends | Posted by Jannie on 19 October 2009 @ 9:04 AM 54 Comments

Peachie_Funster

In a comment here the other day about Page Rank and such,  Today’s Woman, Rose DesRochers funned “I’m still waiting for someone to write a post about how great I am. hehe”

Well, Rose, I think you recently crafted a GREAT Interview with Lorelle VanFossen — yes, THE WordPress Lorelle VanFossen, author of  “Blogging Tips: What Bloggers Won’t Tell You About Blogging.”   In that interview I fell in love with the wildly wonderful Lorelle who never concerns herself with stats, advises us first and foremost to be bloggers who care and considers finding a WiFi connection the pinnacle of blogging success.

Btw, I’m having trouble finding her book.  Anyone have one for sale?

Attention Blogger Peeps:  Lorelle’s wisdom can apply to all bloggers, not only WordPress users.

So Rose, has your dream come true with this post of mine? (hehe)  Do you feel as great as you seem?  Ah, but I already know you must be great because you’re a fellow shih-tzu lover. (Rose’s 2 shih-tzus have a blog all their own.)

And folks, just slightly non-related to this post, here’s a picture of 3 guys in kilts holding up a log.

3_men_in_kilts
kilt photo credit:  Bill O’Brien

Have a great day, y’all!

On 21 October 2009 at 9:25 am

Megan "JoyGirl!" Bord said,

As usual, wonderfully funny stuff and the kilts? SEXY (with a capital “S,” “E,” “X” and “Y”)!
    Reminds me of a plaid skirt I wore in the first grade, which I loved… Had a gold pin that went with it and everything. Hmm, I wonder what happened to that skirt? Wait a minute — the guy in the middle — he looks shifty to me and that skirt looks familiar. (smile)
    .-= Megan “JoyGirl!” Bord´s last blog ..Part II of the Series “Blogs I Love” =-.

On 21 October 2009 at 10:07 am

THOMMA LYN!! And I wonder as to the nature of your chat with hubby about kilts? You know me and my inquiring mind. Are you planning a trip to Scotland? Reassessing your fashion sense? Studying cultures of the world? xoxo

BARBARA!! Lorelle is my new blogging life goddess. (But YOU are still high on that list of course.) :) I look forward to reading your interview with her. Glad you liked the pictures. Peachie has been with us since she was 6 weeks old, and her father, Chance, was our first dog together — we got him as a puppy in 1992.

ROSE!! Thanks again, you are awesome, blossom!

LANCE!! I can picture you in full Scotsman regalia, what a handsome figure you’d strike.

NORTHER KNITTER!! Welcome, great you could pop in for your inaugural visit here. Your pine needle hats sound simply divine! We have something very similar where I come from in the Canadian Maritimes, but ours are made with aged kelp instead of tree needles, kelp that has been marinated in pure maple sap mixed with beet green juice for 2 years in pink vats. Ours are held together with corn silk that is gathered under the full moon by ageing racoons. Ours usually sell for $79.95, but I’ve seen them on eBay for $1.97. They tend to last for at least 48 years.

LYNN!! “Update the food.” Great term that. Funny, BB and I were just discussing yesterday about him / her getting his / her own site but we agree that it might dilute our amazingly high :) page Rank status here at Funsterville. We might start a kelp knitting site, tho. Need to do a little more market research.

MEGAN JOYGIRL!! I KNOW!! kilts are so darn sexy. I wonder if the Scots rate of baby production is higher than the average world’s? I’m willing to bet YES!! Hey, that middle guy stole your skirt! Shameful. I ought track down Bill O’Brien (who took that shot,) and get to the “bottom” grooooan of this pilfered skirt matter. :) I’ll get back to you on that.

Off now, to read some of YOUR blogs. It’s been 2 days since I’ve been surfing.

Whee-hoo. A blog hoppin’ I goes!!

On 21 October 2009 at 12:31 pm

Rose said,

I wonder if they are wearing c-strings under those kilts. :)
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..CString Invisible Underwear =-.

On 21 October 2009 at 2:00 pm

Tess The Bold Life said,

Yes Lance needs a kilt! Did you see the pink wig he has been sportin’ on twitter;)

There is a bar that’s new in a town near me called the tilted kilt. The bartenders and servers wear only their bras and kilts.

I think you, Lance and I ought to go check it out and slug down some beers. (I can’t believe I’m writing this!)
    Lance has to wear his kilt and pink wig of course!

You may want to invite the 3 men as well. I like the one in the red socks.
    .-= Tess The Bold Life´s last blog ..Bold Colors and Bold Fun With Family =-.

On 21 October 2009 at 2:00 pm

Suzen said,

Hi Jannie,
    Are those guys the floggin’, loggin’ bloggers? Thanks for the link.

On 21 October 2009 at 4:05 pm

ROSE!! Thanks to you I now know what a C-String is, oy. I need to check out the prices on those things, may get me one. :)

TESS!! No I have not seen Lance gallivanting on Twitter in his pink wig but it seems like a natural progression for him. :) Do the Tilted Kilt men wear bras too? And do they fling ’em???

SUZEN!! You mean THAT kilt chair link?? OMG, my husband told me to get that link off here. :) And love your new gravatar!

On 21 October 2009 at 8:54 pm

Lance said,

Jannie and Tess – Well….I can’t believe I’m saying this (publicly) – Tess! – I’m wearing a cheerleading outfit at work tomorrow (and the pink wig). I think I’ll need the Tilted Kilt BEFORE I head in and after I leave! And natural progression? I swear…this is the last time!

We seriously need to join Tess at this new place she frequents… Are you a regular Tess????
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..Sunday Thought For The Day =-.

On 21 October 2009 at 11:31 pm

Rose said,

Maybe Lance needs a c-string. :)
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..Scary Movies for Halloween =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 3:09 am

Ching Ya said,

What a huge grin I got seeing that familiar name on this really great fun blog. Congrats to be featured here, Rose. ^^ I’m proud of you.

Jannie, think Mya likes you since she left a footprint here too! lol..
    .-= Ching Ya´s last blog ..3 Easy Ways to Share Selective Tweets on Facebook Pages =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 3:11 am

Ching Ya said,

Oh, as for the c-string, I prefer to keep the thoughts on my guitar for now, thank you very much. LOL!

On 22 October 2009 at 6:58 am

LANCE!! Have I been missing out on stuff, or what?! I need to check in on your Twitter account to see what’s up.

ROSE!! Hmmn, I bet they’ll have a guy version of those before too long?

CHING YA!! I’m the luckiest girl to have great friends like you guys. Have fun on your guitar! Are you practicing much lately??

On 23 October 2009 at 11:06 pm

MiaHysteria said,

Whoo-Hoo…men in kilts!
    .-= MiaHysteria´s last blog ..Free Vaccination Clinic~Examiner Article =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 4:34 pm

» Rose DesRochers-Blonde Day- Pink Laptops by Rose DesRochers – World Outside my Window said,

[…] with the blonde jokes. My blogging buddy Jannie funster is a funny, intelligent blonde who thinks Rose DesRochers is great. Check out her post, which is about me and Lorelle Vanfossen. By the way: Lorelle Vanfossen […]

On 26 October 2009 at 5:42 am

MIA!! hi sweetie, thakns for popping in. Gotta love a man in a kilt. :)

ROSE!! What have you been up to over there, you sweet little dickens?? I’m off to bed now but will check it out later. Thanks. :)