Fun Stuff Kids With Broken Arms Can Do

The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 22 October 2009 @ 6:51 AM 64 Comments

Broken_Arm
Broke your arm?  You poor dear, that really sucks.  But take heart — you don’t have to live under a rock.  You can still do tons of fun things, like…

taking up a new hobby.  How ’bout apprenticing as a yarn spinner…

Spinning_Assistant

a weaver…

Loom_Weaver

or trying your hand at photography? (Moms in newly-acquired reading glasses make perfect subjects.)

mom_glasses

If you’re learning an instrument,  what a perfect opportunity to  isolate one hand!

Piano_left_hand

Can’t join in Kung Fu?  Don’t worry!  Observe your buddies to keep those moves sharp in your head.

Kung_Fu_Observer

Fan of shopping?  Those skills needn’t suffer at all with a pesky broken bone or two.  You can still enjoy shopping for all kinds of things — like, spider bread…

bakery_spider_bread

wigs…

Wig_Shopping

and the perfect pumpkin.

Perfect_Pumpkin

A broken arm needn’t keep you from hanging out with your buds either, the real ones…

Buddy_Hanging

real_ones

or the fake.

fake_bud

With a broken arm you can still keep up with your favorite blogs…

Favorite_Blogs

enjoy your favorite foods…

normal_meals

read to your dad…

Reading_To_Dad_Age_8

and remain a vital supporter of your local jazz scene.

jazz_scene

You can still enjoy the great outdoors too — just go easy, communing with nature or….

commune

busting a few gentle moves in a bamboo forest if that’s your thing.

bamboo_Busting

So don’t worry.  Be happy.   That cast will be off before you know it and you’ll soon be back to doing all the crazy- fun stuff that got your arm broken in the first place!

Be well and heal fast, sweet little darlin.’

butterfly

poll_revelation

• Twitter

On 22 October 2009 at 8:32 am

Lance said,

So much to do with just one arm – who knew! And it’s a cool green. Kind of like the grass, just not as soft or wiggly. And one handed piano – I didn’t know there was anything different than that. Who can play with two hands, anyway…that’s way too complicated!!
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..Sunday Thought For The Day =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 8:41 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

At her age, she will heal up quick as heated silver. I remember breaking my arm in gym class in 7th grade. It healed in two weeks, stronger than ever. 19 photos to share, wow! If Kelly’s childhood ever makes it into a coffee table book it will be as thick as the Guttenberg Bible. Gosh, we never get tired of checking out the child! My fave pic is the one where she is watching her pals do kung fu; about ten captions could be inserted there. Do her friends get to share the space with her in the play house? My second fave pic is the out of focus shot of the janniemom in her new readers. Someone had requested that shot; Lance was that you?
    .-= Glenn Buttkus´s last blog ..What Is Clay? =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 8:52 am

Looks like the monkey bar is the prevailing villain in the arm break! Thank you for the trip into Kelly’s world – she sure gets to do a lot of cool things. And no surprise there – she has the coolest mom and dad.
    .-= Lynn´s last blog ..Bus stop, rosy cheeks and bursting =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 9:23 am

Shay said,

Oh my gosh, poor thing. I wish her a speedy recovery!
    .-= Shay´s last blog ..The Hound Of Silents =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 10:34 am

Talon said,

Kelly’s expression during her weaving experience is priceless! What a great post and a real celebration of the up side of broken bones.

Loving the Funster in the fabulous frames! xx
    .-= Talon´s last blog ..Anything they can do, =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 10:38 am

Dot said,

Awww, she looks so sad in most of the pictures.
    .-= Dot´s last blog ..Comment on I Get Irritated! by Dot =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 11:03 am

Cindy said,

Aw.. I broke my arm in middle school but didn’t get that all the way over the elbow cast. That looks like no fun :(
    .-= Cindy´s last blog ..Technical Difficulties =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 11:23 am

K said,

Poor thing.

I hope she makes a fun recovery soon (at least she appears to still be having lots of fun).
    .-= K´s last blog ..Too Much Of A Good Thing? =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 11:57 am

Nadia - Happy Lotus said,

Hi Jannie,

I love it! Talk about taking lemons and making it lemonade. Beautiful post that shows that it all boils down to perception. And cool on the spider bread. We don’t have that here in Philly.

Now you got the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” in my head for the entire day. :)

Keep rockin’!
    .-= Nadia – Happy Lotus´s last blog ..Dependent Origination: Get Ready For Enlightenment, Baby =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 12:19 pm

Heather Kephart said,

I’m just dumbfounded. First off, poor dear with the broken elbow! Second off, what a fabulous outlook you have on it. I was amazed after three pictures, but am blown away by all the activities you two are partaking in! You get out so much! Suddenly I feel like a hermit. Love the wig and the spider bread, love them all! Spider bread?!?!? WOW!
    .-= Heather Kephart´s last blog ..Writing Down the Bones =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 12:27 pm

LANCE!! Did you ever take piano? I did not. But I had 2 years accordion from 10 to 12. And I had a PHD in the slide whistle by the time I was 16.

GLENN!! Quick silver? Is that where that expression comes from?? Good as gold. Mercurial temperament. Leadfoot driver. All those metal analogies. Cat on a hot tin roof. Well… what captions would you insert in the Kung Fu photo?? The playhouse is actually the one atop the big Whole Foods — biggest WF in the world. (WF began in Austin, as you may know.)

LYNN!! Yes, the votes so far… 7 for Monkey bar and one for retaining wall. Such an interesting bunch of guessers you all are! Have you ever broken a bone? The spinning and weaving shots were the day after she broke it, she didn’t go to school that day and we popped in to the library and lucked into that fun hands-on demonstration. Ahhh, your last sentence, such a nice thing to say, thank you. She does read to her dad almost every night, so sweet.

SHAY!! Thank you so much, she is well on the mend. It’s 2 weeks today since she broke it. It was too swollen the first week for a cast so she had a splint on. Poor baby. But she’ll be fine and dandy, I hope. Might still be able to represent America in Olympic gymnastics some day.

TALON!! Ahhh, you like that weaving pic? She was having a ball at it, she must’ve added 20 rows to the project. How much fun for kids is that? The spinning was harder as it is tricky to mete our a consistent thin string without breaking it, but she was good a the treadling part. And we learned that a spinster comes from spinning, usually the older sisters spun. Interesting eh? Have you ever spun or woven (And I’m not just talking about your fabulous poems.)

DOT!! Yes, this has not been her finest hour so far in childhood. The cast is starting to itch now too, but hopefully they’ll keep it on her at least another full week for good healing, we’ll see on Friday. The pic of her eating the taco was yesterday at breakfast before school and she was soooo not very awake.

CINDY!! Let’s hope little Lorelei is spared any broken bones. Kelly actually fractured her other elbow when she was 18 months old. We had made a makeshift slide with a wide board propped up on the sofa and she fell off the side of it, but the way she landed was what caused the damage. Poor baby, I didn’t take her to a doctor until the next day because I never ever dreamed a fall from a height of 18 inches onto carpet could ever break a bone.

K!! Thanks, I’m sure she will be fine but I imagine we can add that elbow to her other one as bodily areas any future health insurance policy will NOT cover. Strangely, we have no insurance now and accidents only ever happen when we’re between policies. She is still in pretty good spirits, yes. She is a bubbly girl, and aside from a little cast itching she is really doing great.

NADIA!! Well, I’m sure Kelly is ready to get these lemons behind her, but she’s doing quite well, as I mentioned to K just above. If anyone Googles “kids with broken arms” maybe they will get a smile out of this and realize that things will be okay. And you know, that Don’t Worry. Be Happy song was out of my head — but now it’s back in — thanks. When was that song out? 1987, I think. Maybe 88? Awesome tune!! Oh yeah, that spidie bread, ain’t it cool! First time I’ve ever seen it too, we dropped by one of our favorite bakeries for cookies and lo- spidie bread spooking us out.

HEATHER, HAPPY-MAKER!! Well, let me see, we do get out and about, but she’s 8, and my only kiddo. So, you with what — 2 under 3 years old? Or is Joe 4 now, sorry I have not kept up as well as I could with your kids’ ages, anyway… it’s easier for me. Plus, after I got the idea for this post, I just kept snapping pix everywhere we went, especially the day in Zilker Park (she was in the yellow that day.) She takes Kung Fu twice a week. And her piano teacher comes here one evening a week. And lo — a pictorial post!!

On 22 October 2009 at 12:39 pm

Mama Zen said,

Oh, bless her heart!
    .-= Mama Zen´s last blog ..From The Backseat . . . =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 1:01 pm

Lane Savant said,

Les Paul broke his right arm in a car crash and it couldn’t be repaired so he asked the doctor to set it at a right angle so he could still play guitar.
    After that he went on in his musical career for another 50 years or so as one of the world’s most famous guitarists.
    .-= Lane Savant´s last blog ..P.P.S. =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 1:57 pm

wade said,

Oh, that makes me so sad.I’m sorry, I know that your blog was upbeat, has she tried paper hanging ?

On 22 October 2009 at 1:59 pm

vered | blogger for hire said,

Sweet Kelly! I’m glad she’s doing so well. My daughter broke her elbow too four years ago, when she was six.
    .-= vered | blogger for hire´s last blog ..Women Love Pink =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 3:17 pm

Paige said,

That is horrible! An elbow…was the funny “bone” envolved?

{hugs}

see ya soon?
    .-= Paige´s last blog ..Stuff and About the weekend =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 3:29 pm

Yaya said,

She’s always so silly and so full of confidence in her pictures, I love it!

Poor thing. The 5 year old I nanny for broke his arm and had a full cast the entire summer. Not. Fun.
    .-= Yaya´s last blog ..The Toothbrush Dance =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 3:38 pm

Chris Edgar | Purpose Power Coaching said,

I should have figured that if there were spidey dogs there had to be spidey bread. Oh, and I suppose you’re going to tell me you serve them with a spidey beverage too.

On 22 October 2009 at 4:19 pm

Lovely comments! kool beens.

I shall return.

Or let me say “I’ll be back,” as those other words apparently didn’t work so good for Custer?

But please don’t quote me on that – I’m not as up as I could be on u.S. History. I know something BIG happened on Custer’s last stand.

Now, Canadian history… well, I could bore you for YEARS with my knowledge of it.

xo

On 22 October 2009 at 5:18 pm

Great series of images you share here. Some people get wrapped up in what they do not have and forget this is simply a friendly reminder of many illusions. You do not believe in the illusions of life death and the physical body unless you have an underlying motives. Figure those out and move on to completely different perception.
    .-= Liara Covert´s last blog ..Recognize to 5 things right now =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 5:28 pm

Patricia said,

Wow this is just one of my most favorite posts. I loved the pictures and all the lessons one can do one handed – think that will come in handy in the future.
    One of my kiddos got roller blades for her 7th birthday, tripped over a tree trunk pushing up the sidewalk in about 40 feet after take off…broke several bones, but they were trying something new and did not cast it- she was in agony for 6 weeks…and green is her favorite color. She is 27 now and I don’t think I will show her this post – we did not make good lemonade out of the event..and she is still disappointed about the no cast..she did break her wrist in college (ice storm) and that was casted and it has left her with a crooked joint and lots of physical therapy still…let it heal properly …
    After reading the comment about elbow and funny bone – hope there is no damage there?
    .-= Patricia´s last blog ..Book Review: Diana Gabaldon’s OUTLANDER Series =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 8:56 pm

Talon said,

Sadly, the only thing I’ve ever spun was a sorry tale – but isn’t it cool to learn where words and expressions come from?
    .-= Talon´s last blog ..Anything they can do, =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 9:10 pm

Tess The Bold Life said,

These are awesome photos with awesome attitude! Love ‘em. Love to Kelly!
    .-= Tess The Bold Life´s last blog ..Playing Our Part With Gusto, Laughter and Joy =-.

On 22 October 2009 at 9:12 pm

Barkaly and Karyn said,

Barkaly and I hope Kelly’s elbow heals real fast!

On 22 October 2009 at 11:19 pm

Gattina said,

What a nice post ! she will appreciate to see that once she is grown up ! and that goes so quick ! I tell you !
    .-= Gattina´s last blog .. =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 2:07 am

robbi said,

Frusspot;Childer have to does what childer does, otherwise how is it they gunna grow up ‘an have childer of they own to say, ‘Don’ you do that or’ you gunna break yo’ arm! See, so they jus’ have’ta do stuff like that, as they always done. I knows that as I seen it writ onna wall in Pompeii.Bambino, non faccia che, Lei cadrà e romperà il Suo braccio, or,Parvulus , operor non operor ut , vos mos cado quod effrego vestri armo

On 23 October 2009 at 3:26 am

George Serradinho said,

Wow, so many pictures were taken. She looks happy in some, but very sad in others. It’s funny how when you are broken, that sometimes you miss out on the biggest fun :)
    .-= George Serradinho´s last blog ..EasyComment to assist you in Commenting =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 3:53 am

BK said,

Surely an inspiring list of things that anyone with a broken arm can do. Wishing her a speedy healing.
    .-= BK´s last blog ..What is That? by Constantin Pilavios =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 4:18 am

What cha gonna do with all those bones?

Fix-em with Funny Bones!

BB doesn’t sound too lucky… Did you win?
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Off n Flying =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 5:39 am

Web designer said,

Oh that poor thing may god bless her :) wish her a speedy recovery ….she is very strong take care nice pics :)

On 23 October 2009 at 5:51 am

sheila said,

OH jannie! Poor Kelly! I’m so sad to see her with that cast. But I MUST say that the pics are hysterical. She looks completely UNenthused, lol. Every pic (except those w/friends,lol) she looks like she’s ready to just pack it in…go home…done! lol
    .-= sheila´s last blog ..Conversations in the car =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 12:04 pm

I’m baaaack.

MAMA Z!! Thank you. She goes this afternoon to have it looked at again, hope the cast will stay on another week, for maximized healing potential.

LANE!! I knew about Peter Frampton’s arm but totally not about Les Paul’s. I did know about Les’ fabulous playing and his famous guitars with that Les Paul “growl” tone. Thanks for the tidbit.

VERED!! Yes, I indeed remember that post of yours. And so many kids seem to be breaking or fracturing elbows, a delicate area with lots of growing parts.

PAIGE!! Yes, I do believe it was indeed her funny bone area, some big latin name I’ve forgotten. Maybe some day we will be able to have a great big chuckle over the whole thing. Yeah, SEE YA SOON!!! For sure! whee-hoo.

YAYA!! She’s a camera ham, that’s for sure. OMG, how did your little charge break it? Were you there when it happened? The ENTIRE summer — what a pain in the ass, especially with no water fun allowed, well no cast immersing allowed anyway.

POWERFUL, PURPOSEFUL CHRIS EDGAR!!

Spidie bread, spidie bread
    Good for your heart, good for your head
    Will it catch you in it web?
    Yes, but only if your name is Jeb.
    Life is one great big spook fest
    Wherever there’s a spook fest
    You’ll find some spidie bread. (Don’t worry, I’m not giving up my day job over those lyrics.) :)

JANNIE!! Read some histry books, will ya?

LIARA!! I used to get wrapped up in what I did not have. Even now with my iPhone salivations I am not obsessing, I know one will be mine when the cosmos have lined up just were they need to be. These is no death, yes, I do believe that deeply.

PATRICIA!! Really? You like this one? OMG, your poor sweet girl and her broken bones from skating at only 7 years old. Six weeks, poor child and I can’t imagine the no-cast plan on that. Did she fully heal and grow correctly after that? Nope, the bone specialist seems to think Kelly will heal just good as new and keep on growing normally, yay.

TALON!! Well, may wonderful tall tales you’ve spun, but none sorry that I’ve read. yeah, it is really cool to learn where expressions come from. Like giving someone the cold shoulder meant he wasn’t worthy of a hot meal. And freezing the balls on a brass monkey. You know that one, right?

TESS!! Yep, this friendly photographer was at it in full force over this one. I try to carry my camera everywhere I go now — a blogger always on the hunt for a good story. She really hasn’t been in much pain since the accident, thankfully. What a little super-trooper I have! I will pass your kind words on to her, yes.

BARKALY AND KARYN!! Thank you for your sweet well wishes. I bet your loving vibes will see her heal much faster and better than she would’ve. I’ll tell her you sent good thoughts her way.

GATTINA!! Yes, I can’t believer the lively 8-year-old was not so long ago that tender toddler and babe in my arms. you love them more at each passing stage, of course but do get a bit wistful for those past times. 10 more years and she’ll be on her own.

ROBBI!! Childers is all the same. Et j’ai connu rien d’autre dans vortre commentaire, mais je t’aime comme les cieux les plus blues qu’on n’a jamais vus depuis le comencement d’histiore. Comprenez-vous, Monsieur l’Australie?? Monsieur je ne said pas de quoi.

GEORGE!! Hey, so great to have you pop by again. yes, I did go kinda wild on the photo amount, didn’t I? My guilt at not having taken as many when she was younger is haunting me now. Have you ever had a broken bone? Not me (knock on wood.)

BK!! Thanks a super-big-bunch. Hey, I browsed your blog a bit and really really like it so you’ll see me bugging you there from time to time. And I am duly impressed with your quick rise to blogging success! Love is pretty popular, eh?! Thanks for your sweet well wishes, I’ll let Kelly know.

SNAG!! Yes, indeed. Whatcha gonna whatcha gonna do with those bones when you encounter a little mishap? Have so many people wish you happy healing. And not have to bathe as often as you usually do.

DEERE SNAGGLETEETS!! my jannie winned the ferst karrit kontest but i winned the other ones after i traned reel hard. i winned 4 tiems now. and i got trofies and ribbins and beers and ebrythings!

WEB DESIGNER!! Yo! how are you? How is the web designing life going? can you teach me to design webs too, in 4 easy classes of 4 hours each? I’d like to overhaul things here some day. Thanks for popping in and for the well wishes on our angel’s arm.

SHEILA!! Yeah, she’s already had enough of the cast experience. but probably just one more week until it’s off. And what a nice little souvenir. We’ll save it and add it to the cast from her other elbow when she was 18 months old. Hopefully there will remain only two in the collection!!

Smoochies. Off to nap now.

On 23 October 2009 at 1:59 pm

Lance said,

Ms. Jannie Funster,
    Why yes, I have taken piano. And trombone. Beethoven would not have been pleased…well, unless we’re talking about the movie, then I’m sure he would have been. Okay, I’m off now to dance to the beat of the little guy in my head (how do I get him out, anyway??)….
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..A World Filled With Wonder =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 2:03 pm

Am I In Focus? said,

Glenn,
    Yes, that was I who requested Jannie in her fancy new glasses. Hmm…are you thinking what I’m thinking? We both need our own reading glasses just to see Jannie clearly in her reading glasses…

I’m off to the eye doctor…I’m sure I need glasses too. Things are starting to get blurry…I’ll be back later…
    .-= Am I In Focus?´s last blog ..A World Filled With Wonder =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 3:39 pm

Jan Lundy said,

well, as usual my blogging friend you have captured the essence of how crummy it feels to have a broken arm when you are a kid. but delivered it with such tenderness and love and humor. i love this….please give your little peanut a hug. she is so precious. i do hope she fares fine. you too!
    .-= Jan Lundy´s last blog ..Say It With Kindness – Part II =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 3:51 pm

Davina said,

Awh, that’s too bad. She can also receive lots of hugs with one arm… and still give em too. Yep, time flies and before she knows it that cast will be gone and long forgotten.
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..10. A Thyme You May Embrace =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 5:00 pm

Zeenat{Positive Provocations} said,

Jannie, Kelly is such a doll. So much to do for that little butterfly with just one wing :)
    I especially love the dance in nature..and the meditation pose…;) So cute. Priceless :) Love to you and little kelly. As my little one would tell kelly “Kissy on your booboo muah muah :) ”..and now she will magically feel better ;)
    .-= Zeenat{Positive Provocations}´s last blog ..Common Cold-Natural Cures =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 8:43 pm

G said,

Oh man, that really sucks.

I really feel for Kelly. At least she knows how she did it.

When my son was about her age, he broke his wrist. Problem was, he didn’t remember how he did it (and to this day, still doesn’t remember how).
    .-= G´s last blog ..R U Ready? =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 8:48 pm

Momisodes said,

I’m so sorry. She looks like she’s taking it into stride though.

And you are hilarious finding all of these fantastic photo ops :)

Hope she heals quickly.
    .-= Momisodes´s last blog ..When I finally lift my shirt =-.

On 23 October 2009 at 9:06 pm

tammy said,

Poor baby. Even though I think she is having more fun with only one arm than I usually have with two. She is cute!

On 23 October 2009 at 11:11 pm

MiaHysteria said,

Poor sweetie! And yet, she’s doing so much! You go girl (and love the cast color!)
    .-= MiaHysteria´s last blog ..Free Vaccination Clinic~Examiner Article =-.

On 24 October 2009 at 5:31 am

cinderkeys said,

Looks like the injury hasn’t slowed her down too much. I hope the itching isn’t getting to her!
    .-= cinderkeys´s last blog ..Loud =-.

On 24 October 2009 at 7:41 am

Hey, sweeties. This is my big school fundraiser day and I’m about to get an early start on it. So I won’t be around until tonight or tomorrow morning.
    m
    Take care and I’ll be back to answer all coments.

J.
    xo

On 24 October 2009 at 11:04 am

Mojo said,

Hi, just wandered in from Mama Zen’s and almost put my coffee through my nose on some of these. Classic series! I love the first shot. (But the trio of hanging with your buds — the real, and the fake… do I sense a subtle message in the placement of the captions?)
    .-= Mojo´s last blog ..Thematic Photographic 72: "Junk" v.4.0 – Pallet-ive Care =-.

On 24 October 2009 at 12:19 pm

Thomma Lyn said,

Oh dear, I’m so sorry that your little sweetiegirl broke her arm. Looks like she’s doing well, and I hope she heals quickly. Had to giggle at the “isolating one hand” during piano lessons thing. ;) Lots of xoxo xoxo to both you and Kelly.
    .-= Thomma Lyn´s last blog ..Golden Autumn =-.

On 24 October 2009 at 6:45 pm

Rose said,

Who knew you could do so much with one arm. She is brave and very photogenic. :)

On 25 October 2009 at 12:31 am

BTW, I think Kelly’s “Walk Like an Egyptian” dance in the Bamboo is a great shot!
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Unindentional Rypos C =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 1:47 am

Jeanne said,

What a cute post! Only you could turn a bummer like a broken arm into a funny post like this. I hope she’s all better real soon!

Jeanne
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Endochick Hospitalized =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 7:12 am

Hey, Lancie! Can I call you Lancie? I bet your mama does?! That’s how my name Jannie got started, as you know my real first name used to more or less be Jan. You are so silly, Beethoven the movie. I’ll try to get my photographer to be a bit more focused next time she takes my picture, okay?!

JAN!! Little Peanut went up and down a big bouncy-house slide about 75 times yesterday so I guess she’s snapping back pretty well. I will send her love along. Bone doctor said she can get the cast off Wednesday, seema bit soon to me but he’s the pro.

GUYS!! I shoudl go now. We’re off to Enchanted Rock today to meet our buddy Paige of this blog… http://paigeofabook.blogspot.com/ And we’re leaving in a little over an hour so I best get a moving, thinking I might wash my hair for the occasion!

I’ll be back later today!

On 25 October 2009 at 7:17 am

Tom Volkar / Big Link Rally said,

Love the pictorial story and the expressions on her face are priceless. What a fun and loving Mom you are. My daughter Em was the same age when she decided to tight walk the circle around the edge of an above ground pool. Yep she broke her elbow. That’s why I voted for retaining wall.
    .-= Tom Volkar / Big Link Rally´s last blog ..First Be Authentic In Three Key Ways =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 8:44 am

Jewel/Pink Ink said,

She is darling, Jannie. I am not surprised she doesn’t let a cast get in the way of living life large.

I love that spider bread. Do you have a bakery close to your house? That is what I miss about living in a city, having these funky little stores – especially bakeries – and picking something out of a glass counter.
    .-= Jewel/Pink Ink´s last blog ..Why I Write Boy-Stories =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 4:38 pm

Rose said,

Have fun Jannie. I can’t wait to hear about your day.
    .-= Rose´s last blog ..Rose DesRochers-Blonde Day- Pink Laptops =-.

On 25 October 2009 at 10:17 pm

ACCCCKKKKK — this computer just ate my comment. A sign I should be in bed.

Friends, good night.

See you tomorrow, rain or shine.

On 26 October 2009 at 5:35 am

Good Morning! Good Morning!
    It’s raining, raining hard.

DAVINA!! I’ll give her extra hugs from YOU. Thanks. She gets it off Wednesday morning at 9:00 and we will save it for her cast collection. Hopefully that’ll be the final 2 of 2 casts we have for her.

ZEENAT!! You’re back ! How are ya?? Did you get your moving done? I can’t wait to get over and see what you’ve been up to. Thanks for all those :) :) :) Very cheery. Appreciate them!

G!! Yes, Kelly was spared such poll suspense. :) . Did your son have to wear a cast? kids, eh? Always on the go. I know sometimes I’ll find bruises on my and have no recollection of how I got them.

MOMISODES!! Thanks for all the wonderful well wishes. I’m sure she will heal extra fast now with all these positive vibes. (Paige says I’m a “natural” photographer, whoo hoo.”

TAMMY!! :) She does like to say active and get out and about a lot, always has since wee childhood, like 6 months old, she’d crawl to the door and look back at me. (pretty-much.) :)

MIA!! Isn’t that shocking green a… shocker! Says she’d get baby blue next time. I like the green tho, very cheery. No broken bones in your household yet, I hope?!

CINDERKEYS!! Hey, she had a little itching a few days ago but now that her swelling has gone down a lot she has gotten some relief from the pressure. She said she had a dream some one stuck cotton candy down there and it itched like crazy.

MOJO!! Well, welcome no longer stranger. How utterly humbled I am that you should grace my humble page and say hello, thanks. mama Zen is a hooty-hoot. And I look forward to checking out your blog.

THOMMA LYN!! Hello there, my classical pianist. Have you done much one-hand piano isolating? Just two more days until the cast comes off!! I’m gonna miss that thang (not!)

ROSE!! Yep, camera loves her indeed, of course it helps that she’s pretty cute. She is brave, yes, never fails to amaze me with her shining spirit. And sweetyness.

SNAGGLE!! Yes, I said “dance” and she came up with that cute little one. I must do some posts on our Zilker Gardens sometime, such a lovely nature place.

JEANNE!! Thanks you, Darlin’ for your kind words. Well, might as well get some photo ops, no matter what happens. She is growing so fast, I’ll be taking her wedding photos before you know it.

DELIGHTFUL TOM!! So sorry I let you down on your retaining wall vote, but you were far from the only one who voted for that. Okay, so you make, like, the 20th parent to share a kid broken elbow story in the past 2 weeks. Such delicate little areas. See you soon!

JEWEL!! That particular bakery is about 12 miles from our house. I love that place tho. “Great Harvest Bread” They have the most amazing chocolate chip oatmeal cookies ever. You out in the burbs, I take it? (I’m in the car a lot, I do pass the bakery on the way to Kelly’s school.)

ROSE!!! I met a blogger! I met a blogger!! And she is soooooo nice! Whoo-hoo. And Enchanted Rock was soooooo windy. And glorious. If I don’t get that post up this week, it’ll for sure be next.

HOLY COW!! I answered all these. Back to bed goes I. I am sooooooo tired. But now can sleep for one whole hour, whoo hoo, before getting a second start on the day.

On 26 October 2009 at 6:49 am

Robin said,

Poor Kelly! And you are both so funny! That spider is looking a tad affectionate – I’d watch out. Love to Kelly – Rob
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Ego Is Not A Dirty Word =-.

On 26 October 2009 at 5:18 pm

Miladysa said,

Aww poor poppet!
    .-= Miladysa´s last blog ..RoYds – Part 17 =-.

On 27 October 2009 at 5:23 am

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said,

Her expressions in these pictures are so funny. Such ennui!
    .-= V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios´s last blog ..A few new cards =-.

On 28 October 2009 at 3:18 pm

hey, how did you three ladies slip in there without me seeing yous?? So glad I check my previous front-page posts.

ROBIN!! Thanks! She got the cast off today, still has to wear her sling for the next few weeks out in public so peeps will be sure to watch out for her. No Kung Fu or gym for the next month, but that’s okay.

MILADYSA!! love that word, “poppet” you British have the coolest words. Like knackered, bollocks, suss out and wellies.

V-GRRRL!! Yep, and still a little ennui to go until she is back to full mobility. But in another month it will all be a distant shadow on an otherwise sunshiney day.

On 29 October 2009 at 7:43 am

Caity said,

Oh no! poor thing! I hope her arm feels better soon and heals well!!
    .-= Caity´s last blog ..One of those days. =-.

On 29 October 2009 at 11:31 am

Thanks, Caity! She got her cast off yesterday, must wear her sling for a few more weeks when out in public. And no sports for another month. But she sure is happy having that cast off!

On 29 October 2009 at 6:29 pm

Chris said,

This was great! [Sorry I'm so late...] Her little mug was the same in all the pictures. Slightly discouraged. SO CUTE! You’re such a good mother to get her out and exposed to so many activities and encourage her to carry on, cast and all.

Your reading glasses are sasssseeee. I like ‘em!
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..Finding My People Is Like Learning to Drive A Stick Shift =-.

On 30 October 2009 at 5:26 pm

You are not your arm. Youare not any part of your physical body. You savor what you experience in part because you know how it feels not to have that. To be deprived of using part of your physical body empowers yo uto appreciate things on a new level. You sense past, present and future at once from the experience of the centre of you. To lose something and not get the implications means you will lose something else to learn the same lesson again. You learn as you go by choice. The universe is a beautiful one is you choose to sense advantages where you are every moment.
    .-= Liara Covert´s last blog ..How to incorporate nothing? =-.

On 31 October 2009 at 10:15 am

CHRIS!! You are a very good mother too, I know. We are so lucky to have all kinds of fun kids’ activities here in Austin. it’s truly amazing what’s available.

LIARA!! Your comment reminds me that we are all whole because of your souls, not because we have all our body parts intact. Yes, the universe is indeed soooo beautiful! Somedays I still can’t believe I’m alive.

On 22 November 2009 at 11:25 pm

Fun & Fact said,

You always come up with great stuff I just love your site you are very talented I’ll recommend your site to my friends and family members great job very appreciated..keep it up..
    .-= Fun & Fact´s last blog ..Photos from Pakistan (enjoy the stupidity) =-.