Wacky! (This’ll Explain A Lot)

Family, Just Good Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 6 January 2010 @ 10:34 AM 55 Comments

So, its “wacky” January 6th, right —  R.A.O.K.A. first Wednesday of the month? Sami? Lance?? Everybody???  :)  IS THIS THING ON?!?!?  :)

Canadian_Summer_Recreation_2006_wacky

Who needs snow, when you’ve got a wacky dad?!  Two summers ago he zipped the olde moto-ski out of its garage to give the kids a surprise spin around the barnyard.  That’s my neice Alyssa (10) in front.  And Kelly’s  sandwiched between her and Dad — that’s  her white-sneakered leg.

Typical Canadian Maritimes’ summer recreation, I tell ya, fokes!   :)  As you can see, I come by this wackiness more than honestly.

Isn’t my dad cute?! He was 70 in that picture.  I’m so glad to have a healthy, active dad who loves life so much.

And how’s YOUR wacky today???  Done anything wacky lately?

EDIT Below…  (Copied from Zeenat of Positive Provocations.)  Zeenat — hope you don’t mind??  It’s my first foray into this R.A.O.K.A. and I’m learning as I go.   :)

Other awesome RAOKA Crusaders:

Sami from Life, Laughs and Lemmings

Lori from Jane Be Nimble

Dani from Positively Present

Melissa from Operation NICE

Brandi from Joy Rebel

Lance from The Jungle of Life

RAOKA1

On 7 January 2010 at 2:25 pm

Nadia - Happy Lotus said,

Hi Jannie,

That is such a great picture! Aren’t dads just wonderful? :)

As for my wacky day….all is awesome…full of sunshine and smiles…and laughter too! :)
    .-= Nadia – Happy Lotus´s last blog ..Deja Vu All Over Again: Personal Journey 2.0, My Poetry Book & A Very Important Question For You =-.

On 7 January 2010 at 4:14 pm

Jannie — that’s me! — is at the library now, hair all washed to hold me another 3 days(maybe 4 if I wear my lucky blue hat.)

Sami Lemmings who started all this kick-arsedness!! I forgot you lived in Banff, grrreat snow!! I’ve never actually been to the West of Canada in winter, but I can imagine! I love the kind of snow that gets all crusty and sparkly like diamonds in the sun. And moonlight! “If life gives you a lemmings, make a lemming meringue pie!” Just read that now on your About page — it’s gonna be soooo great getting to know you better, Sami.

Patricia!! Are you saying your raw diet program is making you forgetful?? I hope you are okay, I do worry ’bout you. And I’m being serious here. Hmmn, threats. I am also thinking of not even getting on board with the spring school fund-raiser, as far as planning goes. There are always things to volunteer for “day-of” so that’ll be me this spring. And you know what?!?!? That’s perfectly okay for me to ease out — I will give my gifts in other ways to other people. After all, it is exactly that — VOULNTEERING, so we can call it a day. There will always be others to fill our volunteering shoes. Right? Don’t overload yourself, you are too precious. Positive will work for me! Fun? Well, you are in your own sweet way. Will check my GMail on those penguin pics, didn’t see them on my Time Warner e-mail. Thanks in advance of seeing them. Hugs!!

Hey That Funny Cheryl Girl!! Welcome to Funsterment Global Inc. We hope you like it here and will have a gay olde time. Or straight time, if that’s your thing! :) Gee, I’m cheeky for just meeting you. Yes, lovin’ this ROAKA!! Hope you’ll be joining in too? Next month, — or I should say — this month’s word is “gratitude” to be revealed on February 3rd. Awesome!!

Tammy!! I have severe severe self-check-out animosity. I’ve certainly screamed at them in my day — but you know what?!?!? The last two times I actually chanced those suckers I was completely 100% successful — at all stages of my purchasing. Both times I was in utter awe. Think it was about 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago. Hang in there! It just might get better.

DAVINA!! Okay, have you tried a lawnmower in the snow?/ I gotta know. Is that some special Vancouver tradition? But you guys really don’t get too much snow, right? How many inches would you say you get a year? Austin averages about .5 inches a year, I’d say. Davina, I’ve been wondering — where did you grow up?

Chris!! Ya know, I’ve been struggling with this blog’s concept lately and wondering if there is just too much depressing stuff here on a regular basis. I mean — do people really need this? What if people go away from here crying at my miserable life, and they are sad and never laugh again? So,yes, this is my experimental merriment post. I’ll check my Google Analytics after to see if I can fathom doing this sort of thing again.

Robbi!! 38 degrees over there yet? We Random Acts Of Kick Arsers will indeed forgive you for not joining this movement “officially.” Watchers are required too! FYI, Sami, the creator of ROAKA currently lives in QLD, Australia. Now… do you mean kicking arse requires that balance, or snow-mobiling on bare grass requires it?? Both, I guess!

Gee, I wish I had some pizza now.

But back to blogging…

George!! Dreams are the freaking wackiest, yes! Sometimes I remember only bits of mine, but I know they are pretty weird. Liek dreaming Mama Zen the other night was an Ingrid Bergman look-alike spy. And what was the one last night? Oh, I forget. I am very very lucky with my dad, yes. I do believe his not smoking, keeping active and living a balanced life have brought him well this far.

Snaggle!! Glad to hear of you sleeping. Sleep as much as you can– please! yeah, below freezing here today, and the next 4 nights all lows in the 20s!!! THE 20s!!! But Mondays’ high is an expected 54 with a low of only 21. Brrrrs.

Jannie!! You did good, whoo hoo.

Glenn!! Glad you can find some Funstering solace here in this wack-adoo land. It’s always a lift to read your comments. Great mysteries, eh? One day all shall be revealed. The last shall come first, the first come last, and all that. Thanks, I will love Dad with all my heart and all my soul — thank you for that reminder. And you love the ones you got too. What the world needs now is love, sweet love. And karrits!

Jewel!! I absolutely love sledding!! More fun when i’s above minus 10, or so, but it can be fun, fun, fun. Those who have never tried it, simply must!! Great exercise too, climbing back up those hills. Bet you had fun with sis! You must miss each other a lot.

Jingle!! –wow yes!! It is indeed a great privilege to have dads like ours — not a right. But for the grace of love, go we!

Jannie!! You rocked today on the cleaning, indeed!

Nadia!! Sunshine, smiles and laughter, that’s how I picture you. Will you ever put a video of YOU up on your blog?? We would all LOVE to see you in your sunny shining action!!

Time to check my bank balance now and see if I can afford to eat a bean taco or a nice Hut’s full meal!

On 7 January 2010 at 5:28 pm

cordieb said,

Your dad seems ever so wacky! :) Ever notice that those people who are the wackyiest around us are usually those people who love us unconditionally, and we them! It feels so good to just be wacky, and not feel fear of ridicule! When I’m my wackyiest, I know I’m at home, even if it’s 2000 miles away from my residence! I feel that way when I come here too!

PS. My name is actually Cordie! I was named after my Aunt Cordie, who was named after my grandfather’s alleged mistress by my grandmother. She wanted to make sure he’d always remember his indiscretion. Wacky, huh???

Peace, Light and Love, C.
    .-= cordieb´s last blog ..First Poem for 2010 – Lingering Lovingly ~CordieB =-.

On 7 January 2010 at 9:01 pm

joaquin said,

that is awesome!

i seem to have lost my wacky this week – but it usually turns up, unannounced, where it is least appropriate. so i have that to look forward to.
    .-= joaquin´s last blog ..Red Herring, Orange County =-.

On 7 January 2010 at 10:18 pm

jingle said,

Jannie:

hope that you enjoy a jubilant evening.
    It is bitter cold in my place today, no snow, but dry.

I loved your entry about pink is cute. :)
    xo
    .-= jingle´s last blog ..Pink Is Cute! =-.

On 8 January 2010 at 12:01 am

cinderkeys said,

I endeavor to touch people’s hearts by rhyming stuff. Wacky and way fun.

Speaking of lyrics, y’know that little “Give it away” hook that you posted in my blog’s comments? May I quote that in an upcoming blog post (with attribution and link back to your site, natch)? I really like it, and it gave me a cool idea for a post about songwriting.
    .-= cinderkeys´s last blog ..In progress =-.

On 8 January 2010 at 4:59 am

Hmmm, that’s funny, I don’t feel like a carrot, BB!

Ok, years ago I remember mowing Marsh grass at the beach- encroaching into the swimming area- more specifically, at my previous home on the south side of town. Like 25 years ago…
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Coast =-.

On 8 January 2010 at 7:37 am

Zeenat{Positive Provocations} said,

Jannie Jannie Wacky Jannie…I love the wacky post…and your dad is like a wacky dream eh….How much fun??
    And how can i mind you copying the raoka crusader links….when i dont have a mind 😉
    Lots of love and wackiness,
    Z~

On 8 January 2010 at 10:08 am

holy freaking cow, it’s cold for Central Texas. As I said to Snaggletooth in a comment on her blog earlier, “I have 2 flannel sheets, 2 fuzzy blankets and a thick quilt on — and that’s just to sit and eat dinner by!”

Oitch!

Hey Cordie!! And I wonder if people who are wacky are happier than the non-wacky ones? I’m not sure. Certainly those who take a light-hearted approach are better off. OMG you made me LAUGH with how you got your name. Your grandmother sounds like a real hoot. Wacky,yes! Peace, love and light to you too, Cordie! So grat to see you here again.

Hey, Joaquin!! You always make me laugh, I think wacky is deeply imprinted on your soul. I’d love to know some of those situations where your wacky turned up unannounced and allegedly inappropriately — I bet you added needed light and levity to whatever situation you were in.

hey, Jingle!! It was fun doing the pink is cute. Nd here — let me do another on the fly…
    Pink on a hair bow is cute.
    Pink on a hair bow on little girl on swing is cuter. Pink on a hair bow on a little girl on a swing on a sunshiney spring day is cutest!!

Hey Cinderkeys!! Sure us it, no prob. I’m not sure if it will be the exact finished lyric, but go for it!! Was also thinking…

Give it away,
    It’ll come back to ya
    Deeper and sweeter every day
    Give it away
    It’ll come back shining.
    Give it away!

Hey, I think I like that even better than the first draft. Endless possibilities for that one really!

Hey, Snaggle!! Did you do that mowing as part of a summer job on a government grant? Do you feel like a turnip?? :) A mango? Or more like sweet cute Snaggle?

Hey, Zeenat!! You make me laugh!! Your mind gone. Are you thinking about Gratitude for next month?? I think I could come up with at least 5000 things for that list and you are on it!! And somewhere near the top of the list — like, right between pie and potato chips!! 😉

xoxoxox

On 9 January 2010 at 12:39 am

cinderkeys said,

Thanks, Jannie! I’ll use the first draft for historical accuracy (explaining that it might be changed later), and because I know how it scans. The post will be about lyrics and scanning. :)
    .-= cinderkeys´s last blog ..Baton Hero =-.

On 9 January 2010 at 12:52 pm

Cinderkeys!! Cool!

(And that may have been the shortest comment I’ve ever left — until I added this sentence.)

On 9 January 2010 at 1:23 pm

K said,

I love what grandpa will do for their grandkids.

Looks like fun to me.
    .-= K´s last blog ..Newborn Mysteries =-.

On 9 January 2010 at 3:26 pm

Adrenalynn said,

Fantastic photo! And of course it doesn’t surprise me at all that the rest of your family is as wacky as you :) What a great memory to have.
    .-= Adrenalynn´s last blog ..About a bra =-.

On 10 January 2010 at 3:03 pm

K… I know I’m a bit biased but Dad is a super- special one!!! :) And I’m sure your little ones get just as wonderful grandpa treatment.

Adrenalynn!! Yep, we laughed and laughed, a long line of rather”different” sorts, are we. :)

On 17 January 2010 at 4:41 pm

Yaya said,

Gasp! Orange!
    .-= Yaya´s last blog ..Orange You Glad It’s Saturday?! =-.