Just Good Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 22 January 2010 @ 6:46 AM 64 Comments
These little gems are all from her current age, 8.
Me: Don’t you want to read the “Girl’s Body Book,” Honey?
She: Nah, I already know all my girl stuff. But if I read this, someday when I get a boyfriend I’ll probably know more about him than he knows about himself.
2. Why do they call it a HAM-burger if it’s made from beef?
3. Sorry about your headache, Mom. Here — can I massage your templates?
Me: Hey, you wanna carve your pumpkin when your show’s over?!
She: Um, let me see when I’m available (consults guide on tv remote control.) I have an opening at 2:00.
5. I’m not impressed with you always bossing me around, Mom — it’s not like you’re God, or something.
(Well, actually child, yes I do believe I AM God.)
She: Mom, what if I don’t know if Santa’s real or not when I grow up and my kids might not have any presents on Christmas morning?
Me: Well, you could always buy some presents to put under your tree and if Santa hasn’t come, your kids will still have nice surprises.
She: Good idea! ‘Cause I want my kids to be happy and well taken care of, like I am.
7. Mom, have you seen my Genius Book of World Records??
8. Actually, I kind of like that you’re not normal, Mom. Just don’t be like this around my friends, okay?
She: What’s your favorite word, Mom?
Me: My favorite word? Hmnn. Um, gravitas – I like the way gravitas rolls off the tongue. What’s your favorite word?
She: My favorite word is Jannie.
10. If I can’t afford private school when I’m a mom I guess I’ll just send my kids to public school — it’s probably better than nothing.
11. Actually Mom, it’s a good thing I broke my arm! I saved you and Dad a lot of money because you didn’t have to pay for Kung Fu and gymnastics for me for two whole months! (She reasons as I contemplate the stack of broken arm bills totaling about $2000. (We were “between” health insurances at the time of the elbow incident.)
So, there you have it, lovely peeps.
And fyi, my first installment of cute things she said has been Stumbled almost 10,000 times to date!!! I know — amazing. Who knew the cute little things kids say would capture the heart and spirit so!
Love to all!