Who Dat, Who Dat Birthday Boy?

Style & Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 8 February 2010 @ 7:47 AM 45 Comments

Livingroom_1997
(The way it was, 1997)

Jim Darling!!  I realize that as I unveil more and more of your extreme talents, the sheer wonderment of you is likely to start making my blogging buddies puke. But that’s a chance I’m willing to take.

For instance, this room you built with your own two hands, the first of our 4 additions to this once-humble bungalow — how sweet is this space!?! Even tho it’s now a bit torn up as we morph it into a master bedroom, its all for the greater good.

Jim_stained_glass_Install_1995
(Stained glass window install, 1995)

And how sweet are your model railroad buildings!!

Yes, peeps, directly below is a MODEL, one of many Jim has scratch-built since I met him. From sills to roofcap, his H.O. scale “M. Chase & Sons” abandoned general store stands about 5″ high. Jim named it after Kelly’s godfather. He also named another little structure after my dad!

(Puking yet?)  :)

M_chase_and_sons

Alas, Jim, the unveiling of your Uniquely Jimmy Disco Steps will have to wait for a future post — too much too soon might send readers running in disbelief that any one mortal could be this awesome.

Happy Birthday, Sweet Jimmy!!!  We love you more than anything.

Jannie and Kelly.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Kelly-Dad-San-Diego_sept_2005
(San Diego, 2005)

On 11 February 2010 at 3:42 pm

Tammy said,

Hey sister. Okay, I am slow on the uptake and severely confused, it is because of the statistics class. Anyway, am i hearing you correctly? Are you tearing down this beautiful room? No. I have got something twisted right?

On 11 February 2010 at 7:07 pm

kt@serendipity said,

hi there jannie

thank you so much for your visit!
    yes, that is my mantra wherever and whenever i am.

what sweet family photos of yours, by the way.

keep on singing, jannie

kt

On 12 February 2010 at 4:01 pm

Hay, Tammy! Nope we are not tearing it down. Just changing the inside. Jim has redone the fireplace entirely. And built closets in those back corners. And a closet where a window seat was. Closets are great in a bedroom. How are the stats?

KT!! Hi, thanks for following me back here. You are the lady of the “Keep Calm And Carry On,” mantra mirror, as I recall. I had to keep that in mind earlier as Kelly was being a bit of a handful. Great to see you. And yes, I’ll keep on singing. You can bet on that.

On 12 February 2010 at 5:05 pm

Tammy said,

That is what I meant by tearing it down Jannie. On no. I am sad about that. The room is gorgeous. Your Jim-bo is certainly a talented man. Happy late birthday to the birthday boy.

Stats? Well, so far I have an A, and I just took the mid-term yesterday…but it causes me a lot of grief and high blood pressure from all the cursing and pounding.

Oh, blue bunny has been…….oops……blue bunny is sooo cute isn’t he?

On 14 February 2010 at 5:27 pm

Tammy!! Yay on the A!! I think I might have scraped through with a C in stats. Sounds like you have no worries with that. Once the room is a bedroom , with flooring and everything, I think it’ll be nice. Flooring is a lot better than a bare slab with paint spills here and there. Happy studying!