The Blog Party (a poem)

laughing and dancing,

some robed in oceans
of late summer sunset.
Others in sepia scenes.

Some wear hats made
of rainbows, and socks
knit from lilies and lace.

Some smell like lilacs.
Some smell like lemons.
Some smell like the light
of the newlywed moon.

Two or three smell like
full length leather coats
not worn since 1975.

Some carry trays packed
with pies and maps and
freshly baked dreams.

Some carry only a rose.

Some flounce in early
with explosions of lupines
dripping from their hair,

to sway by the fire, then
float through the crowd and
slip out my music-room door.

Some limp in after midnight
soaked in beer, to swirl into
my heart and my soul and my
coffee mornings forever.

Others drift away in the fog.

But whoever the sweeties
— from whatever planet,
the more the merrier here!

— The End   :)

****************************

(If you liked this poem, why not hug somebody today?)

And friends, all these new poets linked below are hereby blessed with the “Jannie Funster Lucky Lupine Poetry Award” … Whoo-hoo!!!

I hope the honorees will leave a new poem on their blogs, linking Lupine Loving Jannie in the post, then pass the “Lucky Lupine” award on to as many poets in the universe as they can find!!

And the awards go to…

Beyond The Blog

Fiveloaf

imaGINAtions voice

Poems For All Occasions

the wisdom of gavroche

Moon’s melancholic mumblings

(I may be adding more poets to this list over the next few days (edit: decades) as I discover them!)

xoxoxoxoxo

On 4 March 2010 at 1:22 am

cinderkeys said,

Neat. And I echo the Fireblossom recommendation to everybody. I think I first heard of her here. :)

On 4 March 2010 at 2:20 am

Hulbert said,

Hi Jannie, nice poem. It’s rare that I come across blogs that contain poetry that is written by the owner. I really liked how you ended it with “The End”. It’s cute and it seems like there is a very merry party going on in here!

On 4 March 2010 at 5:10 am

Megan "JoyGirl!" Bord said,

Oh my gosh, the poem is perfectly complemented by the picture — WOW! I couldn’t stop staring at those beautiful flowers. Thank you! It’s a brilliant way to start this Thursday.

Jannie, we love you!!! Big hug & a flowery, lilac-scented kiss.

On 4 March 2010 at 8:47 am

I did hug my client. And then had the most delicious sandwich – pimento cheese, roasted poblano pepper and bacon on focacia bread. Yum.

xo

On 4 March 2010 at 8:49 am

yeah, okay. So… :O

Andy and Jaymie again, thanks! It so rocks that you both came here out of the lupine blogging blue. Thanks!!

Affiliate!! If I even stopped to ponder that question I’d probably cry for a week — so I’m not even gonna float my boat anywhere near that shore.

Cinderkeys! Thanks. Yes, I met Fireblossom quite early on, soon after I started this blog, and have always been a fan.

Hey Hulbert!! Welcome to this never-ending party. Enjoyed your thought-provoking post over at “Blogging Without A Blog.” Believe it or not, these is a whole world of blogging poets — and it’s all a whirl of ribbons and roses. :)

Megan!! Please don’t tell anyone but since I posted this I sometimes too just sit and stare at the big lupines picture, framed among the purple borders. Megan, we love YOU too!!! you are getting very near and dear to my funstering heart, where you will forever stay. Bet you have lots of lilacs up there in NY, eh? I miss them a lot. There is still a big tree of them outside the window that ways my childhood bedroom, as a teen when I escaped for a night once in a while,. :) I’d fling myself in to that tree, and down to my antics with Ruth and the wild gang. :0 Oh yeah!!

Lynn!! You make me laugh. I did not hug my librarian, perhaps I shall today. :) And holy cow — what a sandwich indeed.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

On 4 March 2010 at 8:55 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

I am so pleased that your poetics muse is fired up these hours and days. You are a hell of a poet, Miss J, and the more you write, the better the stanzas become. I have been getting involved in a poetic blog site called APPLEHOUSE POETRY WORKSHOP, set up by an English teacher, Lynne Rees, who I think is a Brit living in France. So for the poetry lovers out there, check Lynne out on:http://applehousepoetryworkshop.blogspot.com/
    Beware though, you might bump into some of my poems way over there too. I third and fourth the notion that Fireblossom’s site is a great place to spend some time.
    Thanks for continuing to support my efforts over on my site, Jannie. You are so sweet sometimes one could become a diabetic just hanging out with you, or at least gain several pounds that end up on their butt. Thanks, as well, for smoothing my ruffled poetic feathers about being left out of your awards list.

On 4 March 2010 at 9:05 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

bb: mine jannie iz so good poitess dat it mackes min furr wiggle wid deelite jist to reed it. nobody nose
    da trubble I sein roun da Funster Central, butt dat
    iz nuttin to dew wit poams. miss kelly iz groawin zo
    fust upp dat she luks morr lik her mmommajannie evry
    day, but den I member wen jannie wuz tienee two. I hav to runn now, cuz mine karrits soo-king guud in dat beer left over frum blogparty.

On 4 March 2010 at 9:43 am

Glenn Buttkus said,

Wow, talk about sychronicity! I just bopped from here over to Applehouse Poetry site, and badda bing, there waiting for me was a poem written by Jannie on the theme of LET’S HEAR IT FOR GOLIATH. This planet is miniscule in terms of communication, instant gratification and communication in every corner. Jannie, you still have surprises up your ruffled sleeve. You are something, girl–we just haven’t been able to pin you down long enough to identify the species and genus.

On 4 March 2010 at 12:44 pm

CrbianFool said,

I was wandering through the interwebs and looking through all of these wonderful poetry sites courtesy Jingle and a few others and found your work. It was great reading through your poetry! I’ve been writing for a little over 15 years but I never knew there was a whole community of crazy poets out there writing some great stuff.

As for your poem, what a fantastic way to opine on the fate of strangers. I don’t get much in the way of comments, but it does seem both strangely gratifying to get comments from total strangers as well as perfectly mysterious. We all walk our own paths, but it is interesting to see where we cross with others and what happens after we cross paths. Well, you keep writing and I will keep reading. Thanks for a most enjoyable half hour of poetry. Best gift in the world.

On 4 March 2010 at 12:44 pm

Suzicate said,

What a playful poem. I have the jingle jangle award on my blog, I ;d like to award it to you.

On 4 March 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thursday Poets Rally « Water Circling said,

[…] Jannie Funster […]

On 4 March 2010 at 2:01 pm

Whispers « The Water Witch's Daughter said,

[…] 11.Jannie Funster […]

On 4 March 2010 at 2:47 pm

Forever Friends Award and Poetry Award « Jingle said,

[…] http://www.janniefunster.com/2010/03/02/the-blog-party-a-poem/ […]

On 4 March 2010 at 5:09 pm

Jingle said,

an award 4 u.

On 4 March 2010 at 6:27 pm

Yousei Hime said,

What a delightful poem! Reminds me of a story I did when I first started my blog (Chrysanthemum and Nabu). Happy to have followed you from Jingle’s.

On 4 March 2010 at 7:49 pm

Thomma Lyn said,

What a delightful poem — beautifully written, a gentle flowing swaying rhythm like trees on the mountain. You put a huge smile on my face. Here I am at the party, with my four cats. I’ve brought homegrown green beans, potatoes and tomatoes, and my cats have brought catnip, hehehe!

We all love you, dear Jannie! You spread so much joy, and it radiates all over the world.

xoxoxoxoxo

On 4 March 2010 at 8:43 pm

Friends, you know sometimes how a thoughtful long comment you wrote vanishes? That just happened to me here.

So… I’m gonna skip out now, dream a bunch of wild strawberries and see you back here tomorrow!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

On 4 March 2010 at 9:54 pm

art said,

i love the lupines!
    and i love the poem. 😉

On 4 March 2010 at 10:44 pm

shona cole said,

this made me think of people roaming around heaven :0

On 5 March 2010 at 2:02 am

Hi folks! This is quite a wild party you got goin on… I’m a bit late, due to working far too much.
    Where’s my Black Russian, time to relax!

I didn’t realize I was “robed in oceans” – Can’t wait to sample some of those “baked dreams”… yum…
    Can’t resist the “Music Room door” CD plug either!

What a great idea for a post n poem, “Lupine Loving Jannie” ! Love it- Great link list too!

On 5 March 2010 at 6:32 am

Glenn!! Yes, enjoy my poetic streak while it lasts! :) i LOVE it over at Apple House! Holy cow — veritible untapped worlds of poetry to dip into — LOVIN’ it!! BB sends his love. And Lol on your last line of your last comments.

CrbianFool!! Well, I apologize if you have been lured here under pretense of poetry — I do mostly post other stuff. But I’m so glad you wandered in here with the rest of a band of roving wild poets!! :) I’m not even sure what’s in my poetry archives here — I hadn’t posted a poem in ages. :) I’ll be for sure visiting your blog again!

Suzicate!! Welcome and thanks so much. And an award for me too!? IT is just too much, I am duly duly verklepmt — thank you!

Jingle, jingle, Jingle, you little “Awards Fairy,” you — see all the fun you’ve instigated!?? :) THANK YOU!!

Yousei!! Hey, another poet stumbles in to join the party! Hello and welcome, great to “meet” you too!! Chrysanthemum and Nabu, now that sounds very intriguing!!

Thomma Lynn!! It would not be a party here without you and your four fluffy ones!! Shall we dance? And fling the catnip into the punch bowl?? :) Love you, TL!

ART!! Why, thank you so much! And I am so humbled and honored you shouldst visit and comment here. Who-hoo!!! What a party! I’ll be checking out your site, of course.

Shona!! Oh, I LOVE that — people roaming around heaven!! You sound too cool — will look forward to checking out your site!!

Snaggle!! My ocean-robed one!! Yes, you’re just a little late, (actually, the party’s just getting started, now that you’re finally here,)but I know you’re not beer soaked — as you don’t like the ale products. :) Bring on the vodka and Kahlua!! Add lots of cream to mine, whoo-hoo!! Yes, cheeky me on my CD plug — I swear the line came first and the link was an after-thought! :) Love ya, Snag!!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

On 5 March 2010 at 7:40 am

Fireblossom32 said,

How sweet is Sara? Wow.

Those lupines are huge, they look like triffids!

On 5 March 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hi Jannie .. I’m late .. coz I had trouble getting in – I dunno if Blue Bunny didn’t realise it was me – coz he was revelling in them lupins .. they are gorgeous .. we had them for a few years at home & I always loved them – you have them wild in Nova Scotia?

The poetry .. well I’m bowl -ed over .. great fun .. byee ..

On 5 March 2010 at 12:35 pm

Dot said,

Gorgeous photo and amazing poem! You rock!

On 5 March 2010 at 7:54 pm

Fireblossom!! Never heard of a triffid. You’ll have me Googling.

Hilary!! Sorry, you had trouble getting in? What happened? Yes, indeed tons of wild Lupines all over the East and West Coasts of N. America, in the north, Anyway.

Dot!! Isn’t that photo out of this world!?! Yet, is IS in this this world! And YOU rock too!!

xoxoxoxo

On 5 March 2010 at 10:53 pm

Jeanne said,

What an awesome poem!! You rock!!

That picture is just gorgeous! I wish I could step into that lovely scene. 😉

Jeanne
    xo

On 6 March 2010 at 10:10 pm

Hey, Jeanne!!! Thanks so much. This purple looks so great with your blazer, and eyes. And the shoes you were wearing the day of your picture you use for your gravatar.

On 7 March 2010 at 4:55 pm

Robin said,

I love parties..and so loved this poem as well…I am joyful in knowing that this party seems an endless gathering…of souls and spirits and sentient beings…all hovering in the heavenly blogosphere of Joy…Thank You for this..!

On 8 March 2010 at 3:24 am

Happy Award « imaGINAtions voice said,

[…] 1.  http://www.janniefunster.com/2010/03/02/the-blog-party-a-poem/ […]

On 8 March 2010 at 3:39 am

The Jannie Funster Lucky Lupine Poetry Award « imaGINAtions voice said,

[…] http://www.janniefunster.com/2010/03/02/the-blog-party-a-poem/ […]

On 8 March 2010 at 10:35 am

Ben said,

Wow, what beautiful flowers! The Spring flowers are just beginning to pop up in San Diego. They’re breathtaking. Solomon was right. The grass of the field is clothed in more splendor than all the rulers of the earth. Your poem is heartwarming. I can tell that you really appreciate your friends.

On 8 March 2010 at 11:55 am

Ben! Everytime I look at that field of lupines and the ocean beyond, I want to dive right into the scene. Amen on Solomon’s words for sure! Yes, I do appreciate my blogging buddies, I’m sure more than you all will ever ever know!!

On 8 March 2010 at 12:08 pm

MiaHysteria said,

Talented woman you are!

On 8 March 2010 at 1:02 pm

Robin!! Beautifully said. Hovering and heavenly — that’s us here at this party. Forever. All the best stuff. All the best guests. All the time!! :)

ImaGINAtions!!! Thank you. thank you!! Thanks so much!!! Whoo-hoo. Awards. They are now on my mantel, beside my macaroni sculptures of cowbows!!

Mia — dittoes to you on talent!! xoxoxo

From the bottom of my heart, Ladies!!

On 11 March 2010 at 5:08 am

More Happy Awards « The Book of Noha said,

[…] http://www.janniefunster.com/2010/03/02/the-blog-party-a-poem/ […]

On 13 March 2010 at 10:58 pm

Lucky Lupine Award « chocolate high said,

[…] I am very happy because these two people bestowed me with this award. They are Wordwand and Jannie Funster. Please click on their names, so you can be directed to their blog. Let’s show support to […]

On 15 March 2010 at 1:32 am

Thank you sweet Noha, and sweet Chololate High!!!

xoxxoox