Song Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 15 March 2010 @ 2:34 AM 47 Comments
(Amber, Suzie, Me, Kelly: Kelly’s 5th birthday.)
Hey, guess were I’m off to this week??
To Deep Songwriting Zone! Well, starting tomorrow — ’cause today I’ll be hanging out with the 3 beautiful people above, plus little Emily.
Songs – time to focus on my next 12!
Give or take a title or two, the next ones are…
1. Will You Come See Me In Nova Scotia?
2. Everybody Cries Sometime
3. Goin’ Down To The River
4. Love To Spare
5. Are You Ready For Love?
6. Love Will Be The Answer
7. You Could Love Me Good
8. Keepin’ It Simple
9. Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself (Save That Job For Somebody Else!)
10. Let’s Drink Up The Stars
11. Sadder Than The Ocean
12. Will You Miss Me?
Alas, in deep quiet songwriting mode from Tuesday to Friday (Kelly will be packed off to gymnastics day-camp) I probably won’t be getting around to your blogs as much as I’d like to – the thought of which pains me. I am not a fan of missing a single word of your posts. And if I’m not answering your comments here in writing this week, please know I’ll be answering each of you in my heart. And smiling in your general direction.
All that being said…
It’s Give-Away Week here!!! Four gifts each day — including one of my cds daily! And on Friday – THREE of my cds, plus 3 other gifts.
(For a complete list of all the prizes this week, please see the end of this post.)
How will I be picking winners? Funny you should ask!
Each night, before I lay me down to sleep, (about 10:00 Texas Time,) I’ll read the comments and pick the daily winners based on whoever leaves a comment that touches me deepest as to why they would like a particular item. And I’ll leave a comment saying who won what. Sound fair? (Subjectively fair??)
Are ya excited??
Today we have on offer…
1. “The Apple That Astonished Paris,” Billy Collins “first real book of poetry” after 2 chapbooks and numerous publications of his work in well-known reviews. (I actually will be giving away all 7 of my remaining Billy Collins this week. What good is his brilliance to me, gathering dust on my shelves?) (This book is in excellent condition.)
(Sorry ’bout the fuzziness of this next photo, back cover of the book. The fuzziness it’s a long story, one I might tell you when the moon is in just the right phase.)
2. “Blogging For Dummies.” Released 2008. A goodie! (Book in good condition.)
3. Marilyn Monroe notecards with envelopes (one envelope minisculey larger than the other 3, but still highly serviceable.) 2 each of 2 poses. (Cards practically new!)
4. One of my “I Need A Man” cds. (Brand-new in shrink wrap.)
So, anything sound enticing? And why?
Please note: You are ALL welcome to comment on any and all item(s) !
Have fun, and I’ll see you in a comment here tonight!! Whoo-hoo!!