Let’s Spread Some Easter Miracle Love, Baby!!

Friends, Just Good Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 1 April 2010 @ 9:41 AM 29 Comments

babys_first_easter(Kelly’s First Easter, 2002, age 7 months)

So, here’s something extra-super cool!! Hershey’s is donating $10 to the Children’s Miracle Network for every blog participating in their BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP.  Shakira gifted me with a basket.

All you have to do is…

* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
* Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
* Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
* Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
* Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this Better Basket Blog Hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
* Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).
* Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.

As The Zen Of Motherhood (and to quote her verbatim,) “I’m tagging you ALL — let’s raise some money for the kids!”

Just put up your post by midnight, Eastern Time on April 4th. (April 4th — which just happens to be this Jannie’s birthday!!)   :)

basket-291x300

And thank you, Hersheys!!

xo

On 1 April 2010 at 10:19 am

Talon said,

That is the sweetest pink bunny I’ve ever seen!

It’s a great cause.

On 1 April 2010 at 10:24 am

J.D. Meier said,

She’s a cutie.

Virtual or not, Easter baskets are always fun to peek into and poke around. I scanned your basket looking for some marshmallow peeps, before I realized it’s a Hershey’s exclusive.

On 1 April 2010 at 10:44 am

vered | professional blogger said,

OMG she’s so sweet in that photo!!

On 1 April 2010 at 11:00 am

Mama Zen said,

That has to be the cutest little Easter bunny I’ve ever seen!

On 1 April 2010 at 11:27 am

Anne Bender said,

I posted mine a few weeks ago! YAY! Easter baskets all around! And now to dig out that old photo of my girls in their bunny ears. Oooo, Amanda isn’t going to like this. :)

On 1 April 2010 at 12:46 pm

Jingle said,

what a great cause, i am thrilled that you did this post,
    love you for your golden heart…

Happy Thursday!
    😉

On 1 April 2010 at 12:47 pm

Jingle said,

thank you for the cheerful comment in my place,
    you shine,
    take care,
    smiles!

xox

On 1 April 2010 at 1:06 pm

Thanks, sweet peeps for the awesome comments!!! I’m blog-hoppping today. Feels to good to be catching up with you all on your sites.

On 1 April 2010 at 1:15 pm

Lance said,

My what big ears she has!!!!

My what a cute expression she has!!!

My, oh my, what a wonderful day…

… to be here!!!

Reason #2/951: You (and Kelly) veer a little bit toward the wacky (…and how cool is that!!)

On 1 April 2010 at 2:15 pm

Tess The Bold Life said,

That’s you always taking time to do for others! What’s not to like? Happy Easter and may you find and eat all the chocolate you desire. Interview questions?!? xo

On 1 April 2010 at 4:09 pm

souldose said,

What a cutie wow she is such a doll…

On 1 April 2010 at 5:42 pm

Jingle said,

Pick one of your choice from the bottom three,
    Happy Thursday!
    Happy Easter!
    Thank you for the invaluable contribution to Poets’ Rally.
    😉

love you,
    cool girl!

On 1 April 2010 at 6:29 pm

william said,

awe cute pic..lovely ears lol :)

On 1 April 2010 at 6:38 pm

Patricia said,

Great picture and great idea….I am going on a silent weekend so I can not participate…I hope lots of folks do.

Happy Easter to all….Baskets are such a fun thing to enjoy

And Happy Easter Birthday Jannie! Does it always fall on Easter? or just the 4th of April?

On 1 April 2010 at 7:37 pm

Davina said,

What an adorable little smile! Great cause too, Jannie. Consider it tweeted :-) Happy Easter.

On 1 April 2010 at 9:18 pm

Talon!! Ah, thanks. She is pretty cute, yes!

J.D. I hope you get everything you want in your Easter Basket, extra Peeps.

Vered!! Thanks!

Mama Zen! Ahh, thanks!

Anne!! I was so impressed with your Easter post today! :) Beautiful girls.

Jingle!! Have you ever seen a dog kissing a frog? Down by the bay?? :)

Lance!! Big ears — all the better to hear your lovely singing with!! Sippity doo-dah, zippity day. :)

Tess!! I do love my chocolate on Easter. Kelly’s 3-lb bunny might get some extra chunks munched off it — she better keep an eye on him! Interview questions!! Yes. soon, very soon.

Souldose! Thanks so much. Hope you are well today??

Jingle!! Thanks, I loved the purple one. You did so much work on that post, and awards. you are amazing, like magic.

William!! Thanks! You can snag you some of those ears too, they are inexpensive.

Patricia!! A silent weekend — that sounds very peaceful and a time for growth. Always April 4th, come rain , shine bunnies or not.

Davina!! Thanks for tweeting! I did notice there are over 450 comments on that Hershey’s post, so they should hit that 500 blog posts.

whoo-hoo!!!

On 1 April 2010 at 10:20 pm

Jaymie said,

Only 24 more blog posts to hit the maximum donation! And…happy birthday fellow Aries! :-)

On 2 April 2010 at 4:01 am

I totally expected an April Fools joke to get posted today- but I see you’re serious about the charity fundraising- Good luck!
    wish I had more time this week- working plus tax forms- yuc!

As you know, that pic of Kelly is great!

On 2 April 2010 at 4:27 am

Jingle said,

How are you?
    Happy Friday!
    Have FUN FUN weekend!

greetings from Jingle

xox

On 2 April 2010 at 11:07 am

Jaymie!! Thats’ so awesome — I’m sure it’ll hit 500 very soon,if not already by the time I post this comment. What a worthy cause!

Snaggle!! Well, I tried to think of something for Paige’s “Stupid First” post, but I drew a total blank, so this Hershey’s Blog Hop seemed a natural way to go!! Happy Easter to you, my dear!! Taxes — yuck! Hope you get a big refund, tho!!

Jingle!! Happy Friday too! I hope it is joyous and wonderful for you!!

On 2 April 2010 at 12:47 pm

Ana Goncalves said,

Beautiful baby. :)
    Virtual Easter baskets sound like a good way to connect, and spread the love. :)
    Happy Spring Break, have a blessed day and many many more to come.

On 2 April 2010 at 4:11 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

How cute!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

On 2 April 2010 at 9:43 pm

Great picture and what a wonderful idea and cause. I’ve got a really full weekend, but if at all possible, I’ll try to post this too.

Wishing you a wonderful Easter, Jannie!

On 3 April 2010 at 1:38 am

Sean said,

Aww, cute ears. Happy Easter.

On 3 April 2010 at 10:02 am

vikum said,

ha ha… What a lovely kid? She must have had a great easter.See her mouth.I think she was full of excitement of her first easter.

On 3 April 2010 at 10:24 am

Yay!!! I just visited the Hershey’s blog-hop site, and it looks like the quota has been met — 504 comments over there, so I guess it’s a raging success!!

Ana!! I hope you have a blessed weekend too over there in your beautiful country of daffodils and singing birds. Yes, I did look at your poem yesterday, but have not yet commented. I was linking you up on my new “18 Reasons To Love This Blog” page!!

LL Cool Joe!! Hey, great to see you again. Have a great one yourself, I know you guys get quite a long school break. The kids, I mean, of course. Have a wonderful time!!

Hey, Sweet Daisy!! It seems as tho the 500 blog goal has been met. Hmmn, should I post again soon, or take a little 2-day break and let my Easter Bunny sit atop, and try to get around and caught up wtih more blog reading. Hmn, blogging decisions, blogging decisions. :)

Sean!! yo — Happy easter to you too! I hope E. Bunny finds you and you get a big BIG basket full of all kinds of goodies!! :)

Vikum!! She was very happy that day, at all the goodies she got, no candy at that age, of course. Little toys and things to further develop her brain. :)

On 7 April 2010 at 12:12 pm

sheila said,

OH SO sweet!

On 11 April 2010 at 7:25 am

thanks, Sheila! You’re pretty darn sweet yourself!! :)

On 15 April 2010 at 8:40 pm

Tweets that mention Hershey's Virtual Easter Baskets For Childrens' Miracle Network | Jannie Funster -- Topsy.com said,

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DavinaH. DavinaH said: Raise money over Easter for the Children's Miracle Network with Hershey's http://tinyurl.com/ybuf293 via @janniefunster […]