A Right Texas-Friendly Blog, Some Say

Blogging, Friends | Posted by Jannie on 3 April 2010 @ 2:32 PM 38 Comments

Right_Friendly_So_They_Say(photo: summer, 2007)

All y’all are so darned tootin’ sweet!!

A few weeks back when I asked why y’all might recommend newcomers to subscribe to my blog, y’all came through with more beautifully touching words than I could’ve ever imagined in a whole lifetime of chasing hogs, ropin’ wild turkeys and jumpin’ nekkid into the cement-pond at night.

THANK Y’ALL SO MUCH!!

I’ve incorporated y’all’s ideas I feel best reflect this blog into my new 18 Reasons To Love This Blog page, linked up for all perpetuity. And such.

Now, I know toutin’ my own blog could seem I have Texas-sized ego. But friends… like Mama done told me in the carrot patch when I was seven — “Jannie Junebug, you give the world your very best, and you’ll always be on your own sunshiney path to glory.” And Mama knows some stuff! Lots of stuff!!  Like how to blanch string beans, spot rhubarb at 200 paces, and field-dress a moose in a blizzard make her own cheddar.

So, thank all y’all, again. I love all y’all so much!

Jannie_texas

Thanks also for bearin’ with my blog construction dust as I further whip my design into shape.  I’ve gone as far as I can on my own, makin’ and puttin’ in my new nav buttons. Next I have to git with my WordPress Consultant Guru to pull my search button down yonder, and get rid of the top nav bar altogether.  Wish me luck, sweet Peeps — a design vision came to me in the night, and I daren’t rest until I lay that sucker to bed.

HAPPY EASTER, y’all — it seems we reached our goal of 500 blogs participating in the Hershey’s baskets!! Woo-hoo!!!

And lastly — a question… have you ever been to Texas?  If so, what did you like about it?  And if you’ve not yet been… what in tarnation is keepin’ ya, and what would you like to see and do in Texas?

xoxoxoxoxo, and such.

On 3 April 2010 at 2:57 pm

william said,

congrats to u dear, lovely pic and no, never been to texas except watch dallas lol xx:)

On 3 April 2010 at 4:47 pm

Caity said,

Adorable picture there Jannie! I hope you guys have an awesome Easter! I love your blog!

On 3 April 2010 at 5:32 pm

Sire said,

Jannie, I love your Texas drawl and it’s so nice seeing that lovely photo of you and your daughter, although I reckon she has something else on her mind other than sitting on your lap 😉
    Now I’m off to see your other post with visions of you

chasing hogs, ropin’ wild turkeys and jumpin’ nekkid into the cement-pond at night

especially that last part 😉

On 3 April 2010 at 5:44 pm

Paige said,

I have been to Texas and loved it so much I moved in! I find the best thing to do here is LIVE, and I like that.

I love the photo lil Kelly looks so Texican and it is so happy and I know that Jannie Land is a happy place {Jim-beau told me}

Blue Bunny, ego not to be confussed with eggo (the breakfast food) has to do with how big a person’s head is. So if the head is a little big, lets say big enough to hold up a ten gallon hat then that’s good enough. Where as if it were too small for one then you couldn’t see where you were going on accounta the brim being in your eyes and all.
    Y’all is a friendly term meaning You-a single person and a whole passel of people.

Happy Easter Y’all!

On 3 April 2010 at 5:45 pm

Jingle said,

I honor you a xoxo award,
    thank you for the excellence in art!

On 3 April 2010 at 5:45 pm

Jingle said,

what famous smiles!
    rock and roll,
    Happy Easter!

xo

On 3 April 2010 at 6:57 pm

Dorothy Stahlnecker said,

Hoping your weather is great for the holiday weekend here in Western New York it’s been lovely for a change..hoping it stays..

Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

On 3 April 2010 at 7:27 pm

Well, hi, all y’all!! Might nice to see ya here!

Why, thank ya, William! I did love Dallas too. Bobby and J.R and all them fancy-dressed purdy ladies in their nice houses, eatin’ that fine fine food! That was entertainment!!

Why thank ya, Caity! Are ya treatin’ the Church to your voice of an angel tomorrow?? I can’t wait to go to church, get dressed up a little and get my hair all fixed nice. I love YOU!

Why, thank ya, Sire, you winner, you! It’s true what they say about taking the girl out of the country but… :) Yes, poor Kelly no doubt wanted to be off and climbing a tree, or something rather than have her old mama making her sit for a picture. :)

Hi, Paige, Honey! Warn’t y’all born in Texas? Well, double shame on me for fergitting from whar y’all come from. Yeah, how do you liek my 5,000,000,000 acre ranch here in Central Texas?? :) And I like y’all’s hat philosophy, maybe mine jist right?? :)

Jingle!! More awards? You a e soooo amazing!! I lvoed the ppurple flowers one. you create tem yourself, right? And if so, in what program do you work? I’d really like to do graphics in somethign better than Paint, altho I have downloaded the trail fo PaintShop Pro, so maybe I just need to fiddle with what it can do more. Or take my violin to it! :)

Dorothy!! Our weather is actually TOO PERFECT. :) But I’ll live with it. Western NY — I’d love to visit your neck of the woods. Wooded, right? Tall tall trees. Beautiful old wooden architecture. Fine dining. And cool old towns to shop in?? Right up there with John Denver’s West Virginia — Almot heaven, right?

toodles

On 3 April 2010 at 8:22 pm

Hi Jannie! I love that picture. Your daughter is so cute! I’ve never been to Texas, but would like to go there someday. Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter.

On 3 April 2010 at 8:52 pm

G said,

Have not been, but when I do, I would like to visit the following peoples:

1) Flower Child (long time friend from the chat rooms Austin)
    2) Lisa (Austin)
    3) Travis (Amarillo)
    4) You

On 3 April 2010 at 9:09 pm

Chris Edgar said,

And now a musical comment in honor of this post:

Jannie Sue was a great blogger down in Te – xas (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP) / you know she knows just exactleeeee what the facts is . . .

Hmm, but I guess you don’t make your money off other people’s taxes, as far as I know, so the rest of the lyrics aren’t very germane. Back to the drawing board . . .

On 3 April 2010 at 9:39 pm

Lance said,

Hey there Texas Wonder,
    I HAVE been to Texas…a couple of times. Shortly out of college, I spent a couple of months in the Dallas area (for work…although it seemed more like play), and then we passed through Amarillo a couple of years ago, on our way to New Mexico. They have BIG steaks in Amarillo!

Someday…I shall make it down to Jannie-Land! Is that anything like CandyLand?

Reason #3/951: Jannie’s smile.

On 4 April 2010 at 1:30 am

cinderkeys said,

The only place in Texas I’ve ever been for any length of time was Austin. Seemed pleasant. I wish I could have stayed long enough to experience some of the famous music scene.

On 4 April 2010 at 3:25 am

Jingle said,

Hello,

i did not paint the flowers myself, how? I am not an artist, I get free flower background from online, and added the words, thinking about what you did for your lucky poetry award, you can not paint the background, right? you simply edit the photo and added words to simply…
    Happy Easter!
    I have NO time to do the background.
    There are photos online free to use as long as you are not for profit purpose…

On 4 April 2010 at 4:41 am

vikum said,

I really love the wonderful picture above.It looks great with vivid colors, a cutiee and your lovely smile :)
    Well, to Texas? I live in Sri Lanka and never been to any country except to Malaysia(well.I’ve been to air port of the Singapore too for 30 mins cz we had a transit there:))

Reason: Texas keeps drawing me like a magnet, with love spreading, fun generating Jannie in the middle of it :)

On 4 April 2010 at 6:05 am

I have never been to Texas – maybe someday. Cute photo up there. :)

On 4 April 2010 at 12:23 pm

Sara said,

Jannie — It would take a state like Texas to hold you:~)
    I like what you’ve been doing with your site. I think the pictures are great…but you know how I love pictures:~)

I’ve never been to Texas…it looks so BIG, but then again Florida’s not much better…it’s just so long…uh oh, I could cross over into the x-rated area, but we’ll stay PG. I wouldn’t want to offend blue bunny in any way…especially on EASTER:~)

On 4 April 2010 at 12:36 pm

HAPPY EASTER, Y’ALL!! Just popping in to say hello, and say I’ll be back here again tomorrow to answer all these sweet comments. whoo-hoow!

xoxoxoxo

On 4 April 2010 at 12:43 pm

Dot said,

Happy Easter to all y’all!

On 4 April 2010 at 12:57 pm

shakira said,

I would like to wish you and your family
    Many Easter Blessings and have you a great Easter!
    hugs
    shakira

On 4 April 2010 at 3:00 pm

Lance said,

Happy Easter Jannie and everyone!!!

And…

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Jannie!!!! I’m dancin’, I’m singin’, and havin’ some cake!!!

Reason #4/951: you are goofy…

On 4 April 2010 at 5:53 pm

tammy said,

Such a cute photo!

I have been to TX – twice. Both times was when my husband had just started with Southwest Airlines and I was there mostly as a guest of them to learn more about their company while he was training, and to visit him while he was training. I loved what I did see though, and the people I met!

On 4 April 2010 at 5:56 pm

brian said,

happy easter!
    texas is a wonderful place…love el paso for the food….san antonio for the riverwalk…dallas for the people…

On 4 April 2010 at 10:01 pm

Jaymie said,

Hope you had a lovely Easter!

On 4 April 2010 at 10:42 pm

Silly Girl said,

Love your blog! Y’all look soooo cute! Hope you had a great Easter!

On 4 April 2010 at 11:15 pm

Talon said,

Hope you and Jim and Kelly and Blue Bunny had a fabulous Easter, Jannie! xx

On 5 April 2010 at 1:24 am

J.D. Meier said,

Ha, how many are gonna know your Bugs reference with Mama done told me? :)

I happened to be singing that yesterday … My Mama done told me, when I was a rabbit …

You’re pictures are just too perfect and I’m glad that Jannie Land finally made it on the map.

On 5 April 2010 at 2:30 am

Glad the Hershey basket limit was reached!
    Nice button array you have there-
    Never been east of the Mississippi yet. If I get a new car I might drive it. The original plan is California, just to say I did. Someday…
    Hope your Easter was Sweet!
    Happy Day 2U!

On 5 April 2010 at 6:54 am

Good morning — whoo-hoo!!

Can you believe I had a haidache on my birthday!! Now, that sucks. But enough of that! My haid is super-fine now.

Daisy!! I love her in that picture, but for some reason it’s not her favorite, can’t see why, she’s adorable I think! Well, you better git to Texas before I move back to Nova Scotia. :) Hope you had a great Easter too! And did you see what your “a friendly place” comment has started??

G!! Whoo-hoo!! I have yet to meet Lisa too, I better get together with that fine woman soon. She’s got such a great blog. And Flower Child, I do know one here, but probably not yours’. :)

Chris!! Germane? Did Germane Jackson write those lyrics?? :) So you know just what the facts is… we DO make money off other peoples’ taxes! Well,their tax RETURNS mostly! They get that money from the I.R.S. and spend it pronto with us on brakes and clutches and body work, and such. whoo hoo

Lance!! Jannie Land was actually the original Candy Land game, but more of a beer themed playing board, if ya dig, kids loved it. But parents? Not so much, for the kids. Okay, so are you going to try to make it all the way from 951 to zero?? You CRACK me UP, Dallas / Amarillo Steak man, you!! :)

Cinderkeys!! Well, at least you done came to the RIGHT town in Texas!! Did you visit The Capital? Mount Bonnell? The Oasis? The guy on the corner of 6th and Congress who wear the thong bikini?? (Yep, bikini guy ran for mayor,and got quite a few votes! Seriously!) :)

Jingle!! Well, thanks for coming on back here. My problem with adding words in MS Paint, is they come out a bit fuzzy (I did my header and my buttons that way.) Oh well, life is very beautiful anyway! And I shall learn to do pro graphics in time! :) And did I see I linked you up for your kind words on my 18 Things page…??

Vikum!! I think you’ll get over to Texas one day, drawn by this magnet as you are. :) Ahh, shucks, thanks for the words on our photo. Jim took that outside our front door. That’s one of the pittosporums I planted in 1993, luckily not the one we recently tore down — so it has added for me meaning in this photo.

Lynn!! We could meet just this side of the Lousiana border and you could say you’d been on Texas soil. :) (Why, thanks on the photo, Sugah! Kelly was in Vacation Bible School that week, and yours truly was one of the team leaders. It was a good, but exhausting week for both of us.

Sara!! Oh , thanks so much honey. I do loves my pictures too! So much. As you may have become more than privy too. :) I may eventually make my nav buttons a little smaller and move them all along the bottom of my header, like Pioneer Woman does. Do you know her blog? I love it!! She is so sweet and funny. http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Dot!! Happy Easter (one day late) right back to y’all, y’all!! :) Did a bunny find you?? :)

Thank you, Shakira!! What a sweet thought — the same right back at you!. And did you realize I did put up the Hershey’s virtual Eater basket, with the link to you?? Whoo-hoo!! :)

Lance!! Thanks, don’t eat too much cake, ‘O fellow big steak and cake eating goofy man! :)

Well hi there, Tammy!! Did you get to Austin? And see the Stevie Ray Vaughn statue?? I run past him a few times a week. Speaking of which, I wonder where my sports socks are. But I digress. I have flown SW Airlines quite a few times and found it a most friendly experience! But these day I mostly stay at home, on this computer. :)

Brian!! I’ve got a mighty big itch to visit San Antonio’s Riverwalk this time of year, before it gets too hot. I was last there 8 years ago — too long!! haven’t been to Dallas in years, they threw me out. :)

Jaymie!! Other than a bit of a headache it was a fabulous Easter. I ate lots of candy. :) How ’bout your Easter??

Silly Girl, ahh thanks for all. I did look kind of cute ‘way back 3 years ago in the prime of my youth, didn’t I? :)

Talon!! Thanks, I hope you and the spy and all the little spylings had a good one too. :) Blue Bunny fell into the green dye, but he looks FABULOUS! (I think. He’s not showing himself in public until it grows out, he says.)

J.D. I didn’t even know the Bugs reference with that! Or maybe I did but had forgotten?? :) And yesterday I was singing “Carrots are divine, you get a dozen for a dime — it’s magic” And Blue Bunny was singing his woes over having fallen into the green egg dye. Poor BB.

Snaggle!! Yep. And that was a might nice thang Hershey’s did! Ooo, thanks — I’ve kinda taken a cotton to my new buttons too, just have to learn how to do ’em in Paint so they don’t end up a bit pixel-fuzzy-like, and haven’t figured out how to correctly manipulate my Paint Shop Pro demo for text. (21 days left on the demo!) I can totally see you West of the Mississippi and on to The Pacific!! Maybe even all the way over to Japan to munch the best sushi in the Universe. :)

bunches of scrunches!

xoxoxoxo

On 5 April 2010 at 5:30 pm

Davina said,

Jannie, your eyes are so blue in that photograph. Gorgeous! I’ve never been to Texas. It’s just not been a place that’s called out to me — nothing personal, you understand :-) Happy Easter.

On 5 April 2010 at 6:37 pm

Tess The Bold Life said,

Nope never been to Texas. We haven’t made our plans yet. What is the best month to drop by (weather)? Can’t wait to see your new stuff!

On 7 April 2010 at 1:18 am

Hi Jannie .. great that you reached 500 blogs participating in the Hershey’s basket .. and the new look is coming along great and I’m so interested in seeing what you do with the blog – nighttime visions!

Thanks for the thumbs up on your 18 reasons to love your blog – and I do .. we do .. Blue Bunny is spezial .. xxoo

On 7 April 2010 at 2:55 am

Paint Shop Pro text:
    First click where you want to place the text (ie middle of the image) then open the text dialogue.
    Type what you want, then select it still in the box, n try different typefaces n sizes. Make sure the color pallet is set where you want it before opening text dialogue also- (ie turn off gradient color styles).
    I like to open a second new image with a transparent BG, make the text, then select, copy, n paste it as a vector layer onto the main image so I can move it around.
    It took me awhile to get it decent- n I never did finish reading the 300 page manual…
    Good luck!

On 7 April 2010 at 10:22 am

Snaggle!! Well, aint you Super Sweet!! Well, ever MORE Super sweet than usual!! I now have 17 days left on my free Pro trial. Ahhh, I will try that! Kalyani says there is a Photoshop “light” to coin my own phrase. Do you have any Adobe Photoshop experience.

And oooooo, I actually know what vectors and layers ARE now, whoo-hooo!!! I’m so in the know. :)

xoxoox

On 7 April 2010 at 12:12 pm

sheila said,

I just LOVE this post! And look how beautiful you two girls are! Stunning pic!

On 10 April 2010 at 2:33 pm

Thanks, Sheila! Whoo-hoo. xoxoxo

On 12 April 2010 at 2:34 pm

Ana Goncalves said,

That’s wonderful Jannie. I have been meaning to check that out “18 reasons to love blog”. Now I know why!

I love seeing photographs of you lovely ladies, radiating as you are in that fine existence.

Beautiful hats.

On 13 April 2010 at 10:02 am

Thanks Sweet Ana. Thanks for EVERYTHING and for gracing my pages time and again. I think we’re BFFS now!! I was touched to tears on the post where I asked for input as what to write on my subscribe page, such beautiful words that will remain there for all eternity. xoxo