Dear Girl Who Got Your Cast Off Today,

The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 17 June 2010 @ 11:56 PM 38 Comments

Baloon_Animals

Congratulations!

Wasn’t it amazing to enjoy a full bath tonight, after almost 7 weeks of partial baths with your cast wrapped in bags?

You’ve been such a trooper!!

Even with two broken bones you’ve kept on slugging away.

broken_arm_slugger

You’ve kept on shining up this town,

playdate_capitol_of_texas

and shining up our lives.

Oh_My_Wonderful_heck_1

You’ve stopped to not only smell the rosemary — but to roll in it.

in_the_rosemary

Remember how excited you were 3 weeks ago when that big cast was switched out for the little pink one?

AWESOME day!

looking_cute

Wow — remember how clean that cast was?  (For a while.)

When_the_cast_was_clean

It didn’t stay so clean, you being an active kid and all.

But you did keep it dry, as per doctor’s orders — that was important.

When_the_cast_was_less_clean

You kept it so dry that the day of your 3rd Grade day trip you cried and cried.

Boy – when the other kids hit the water and left you on the shore most of the day — that was NOT fun for you.

Or for me.

from_the_shore

So much crying. You. And me. But I hid my crying, mostly.

umbrella_beach_baby

Yet, you smiled some that day too!

You loved the sailing.

sailing

You were dubbed “Dancing Monster” in the nick-naming ceremony…

Smiling

LOVE that smile!

That broken arm didn’t stop you from hanging out with really great people…

Summer_soda

from playing board games,

board_games

from learning how to tie balloon animals,

twisting_baloon_animals

or from getting the inside scoop on how to make really cool inexpensive costumes.  (That boy’s a lobster.)

costume_fun

And that broken arm sure didn’t stop you from eating watermelon with your friends on your tree house deck!

WATERMELON_GIRLS

So, congratulations again, Super Girl!

It’ll be fun to have a cast-off party for you tomorrow night and finally fill up your swimming pool for the summer.

Whoo-hoo!

cast_off

BTW, you know that smile on you above?  The one I captured a few minutes after your cast was off today?

That is one GREAT smile!! Do that more in pictures, will you?  I know you’re self-conscious about your growing-in teeth, but don’t be.  Full smiles look really, really good on you!

Thanks.

Love,

Mom_xo

On 18 June 2010 at 12:02 am

Kelly said,

Mom,im right here with you in this room,but i still love to comment you. (its 12:01 here right now.) amd i wanted to be your first commenter cuz yur awesome :D!!

On 18 June 2010 at 12:11 am

Kelly, I love you. But it’s time for bed. Long past time for bed. I know we’re on summer hours, but it’s time. Are you willing to go to bed now? Good night.

xxoxoxooxoxox

On 18 June 2010 at 1:37 am

Hellooooo .. I’m first after the two main protagonists ..well done .. all cut off and raring to go with two arms, baths, showers, swims .. dancing in the rain .. eating watermelon without worrying about the drips ..

Fantastic photos Jannie .. excellent record of a significant day in the life of .. the young lady, who is called Kelly!

Have a great and fun Friday .. and weekend .. all free and castless … big hugs all round .. Hils
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Ever Thought of a Map as an Encyclopedia? =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 2:14 am

william said,

great pics dear happy friday

On 18 June 2010 at 3:29 am

Congratulations Kelly n Kelly’s Mom for faithfully keeping the cast dry n allowing the Kerplunked arm to sturdy back to full arm-hood!
    Lucky you get to have a pool party?! Looks like BB has begun withourt you on the header there…
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Docking =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 4:20 am

What a sweet sweet post and something that Kelly can keep forever. Love that signature on her cast, too. Have a great weekend, my friend! That cast off party sounds fun.

On 18 June 2010 at 5:03 am

LL Cool Joe said,

Aaw what a cute post! Kelly looks adorable with and without the pink cast!

Love the rainbow beach umbrella too. :)
    .-= LL Cool Joe´s last blog ..Wardrobe Wednesday – I’m too sexy…. =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 5:49 am

Lance said,

Kelly,
    Woo-Hoo!! Run wild! Be free!! Swim!! Eat more watermelon!! Life is GRAND!!!

Awww, what a fun post (well….except for the field trip picture, that must have been a challenging day). And you know…you are so right…that’s a million dollar smile Kelly’s got there!! (she takes after here momma, doesn’t she!!)

On 18 June 2010 at 8:02 am

Tony Single said,

So, that boy was dressed as a lobster? Phew! ‘Cos that costume looks like a giant… well, udder to me. Disturbing. :(

Still, on the brighter side, so cool to have Kelly without the pink cast of death on her arm! Watch out for that arm by the way. Because of the weight of the cast it’ll be six feet longer than the other arm now. But hey, that’s not so bad, right? She’s half way to being able to swing around like a gibbon now, and as we all know gibbons are just too cool for words! :)

On 18 June 2010 at 8:32 am

BK said,

Glad that the cast was off and she certainly was a trooper. Have a wonderful weekend.

On 18 June 2010 at 9:18 am

Paige said,

yeah! hip hip horray! happy dancing in this part of Texas!

Hugs

BB you are part of a bunch aren’t you.
    .-= Paige´s last blog ..Broke Up =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 10:07 am

Ana Goncalves said,

Your dedication to Kelly is beautiful and very special. :) Looks like every moment was continually lived with the cast on. Seeing the trueness of each moment in existence of every photograph shows that Kelly coped with the cast well. I see how special this experience has been for both of you, despite Kelly’s arm being broken. It has shown the true life of experience, through Kelly and your eyes. Kelly is lucky to have a mother like you in her life.
    Have fun at the cast-off party, am sure it will be a blast. :)Look forward to hearing more about the filling up of the swimming pool.
    .-= Ana Goncalves´s last blog ..Within stillness =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 10:56 am

Talon said,

Yay! A cast-off party sounds so much fun! Kelly must be so excited to get that off and get into a pool and splash around. I thought her cast was super clean. Both my boys, when young, at separate times, had to have casts and one got so disgusting they had to re-cast it – lol!

Beautiful post, Jannie. Kelly’s so lucky to have such a lovely Mom. :)
    .-= Talon´s last blog ..Pinpricks =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 1:03 pm

Katherine said,

Aww, this is the second post today that had me a little teary. What a sweet tribute. Congratulations to Kelly. Hopefully she can rip ‘n roar the rest of the summer away (minus any new scrapes).
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Reaching further =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 4:29 pm

Hey Hilary — is that two protagonists, or one protagonist and one antagonist? :) Dancing in the rain is something we’ve both missed, as we’ve missed lightning storm outdoor dancing.

William — thanks for your viist and comment.

Hey Snaggle — BB wants chocolate too! He’s a bit of a sugar bunny, in case you were not aware. :) Yep, pool cleaning out has begun. I spent an hour today until it got too hot, I’ll finish it when the kids are at VBS tonight from 5″30 to 8:30! I have to buy a couple parts for it at Lowe’s, some hoses, a new pump filter, and chlorine tablets. Looking very very forward to that first dip, whoo-hoo. But Kelly will be the first in!

Hey Lynn — I got to sign the latest cast first! That was a true honor. Cast-of party tonight at 9:00!! :) Hope I can find those little floating pool lights. Hmmn, where did those go?

Hey LL Cool Joe

But whoops — I gotta go, sorry.

Hold these thoughts until I get back later tonight.

On 18 June 2010 at 5:31 pm

Glenn Buttkus said,

Congratulations to the fairy princess of Funsterville! Bare-armed dancing, juggling, swimming, arm wrestling, ball throwing, and overall wowie-zowie for getting almost back to normal; whatever that is. Kudos to Miss Jannie for composing and posting an incredible tribute and record regarding the second broken arm experience. Kelly will shine at her Cast-Off party, as she casts herself off into water, dirt, and whatever she pleases. Keep smiling, child,
    for childhood is a rapid journey, and once over you cannot return over that same ground again; it is a one way trip, so enjoy the good and bad stuff, and thank God, and Daddy Jim for that golden Mom of yours!
    .-= Glenn Buttkus´s last blog ..You See What We’ve Become =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 5:36 pm

Glenn Buttkus said,

Blue bunny, you need to watch that sucrose intake; gosh–Nehi orange drink, happy donuts, giant suckers, and clusters of bananas; all on the heels of several tins of Spam. If you are not careful, you will become heavy-duty blue bunny, and outgrow your chariot. Get back to karrits as soon as you can. Beer is OK. Jannie has a fully stocked supply of that on a regular basis. But if you are not more careful, there will be a trip to the Bunny Doctor to pump your tummy, or put you on a high fiber diet!
    .-= Glenn Buttkus´s last blog ..You See What We’ve Become =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 8:14 pm

suzen said,

Hi Jannie and Lucky Girl with both arms free! FREE AT LAST!
    hugs
    suzen
    .-= suzen´s last blog ..We Are What We Eat — and THINK! =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 9:20 pm

Yippee hurray! So glad to hear the cast is off!! And I so agree, that smile is beautiful and awesome. I love the pictures, Jannie. 😀
    .-= Daisy´s last blog ..Food From A to Z– U is for Upside Down Cake =-.

On 18 June 2010 at 11:18 pm

My dear friends, I am so incredibly tired tonight and hoping to soon slumber. Feels like I’ve not stopped all day. Oh, I haven’t stopped all day – that’s why! I forgot what a lot of work pool cleaning is.

The girls have had two swims tonight.

I hope they all go to sleep soon.

I’m about to hit the hay.

Love to all, see you tomorrow.

xxo

On 19 June 2010 at 2:02 am

Sire said,

A great series of shots Jannie, and I loved the captions at the end, or was that the beginning of the photos, anyway they were a nice touch.

She certainly does have a killer smile, but perhaps she doesn’t use it yet because she’s saving it for the boys when she get’s older 😉

On 19 June 2010 at 2:40 am

Farouk said,

your kids are realllly cute :))) God bless them :)

On 19 June 2010 at 7:04 am

Chris said,

Yay, Kelly! What a trooper! Congratulations. Hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating! xoxoxoxo

On 19 June 2010 at 10:34 am

Faith said,

I just LOVE your wonderful blog, it’s fun-filling, (or should I say, Never ending??] BB is so cute, and I just loved helping you out with ideas for BB!
    Did I tell you your website is intricate?! I guess not.

Blue Bunny is soo ad-or-a-ble. Congrats to Kelly, for being the bravest trooper around. I just simply adored the photo of Kelly and Salderia making balloon animals.

–Faith

(Completely Angeled, eh? But [[not meaning angles, I mean Angel-ed. :P]].)

On 19 June 2010 at 3:12 pm

Luisa Doraz said,

A cast? I bet your family made it a fun event. I love all of the photos. Your family will have sooo many cherished moments to share with one another later on in life. Hope you all have a great day and have many wonderfully ..silly moments of fun. :)

On 19 June 2010 at 3:52 pm

YAY! It’s such a beautiful afternoon. The 3 girls and I are here at the library, going home at the top of the hour where I’ll do a little gardening to work up a sweat, then jump into the newly-filled pool.

But enough of that!!

I’ve got 12 minutes before this computer shuts off…

When last I spoke to you in these comments I believe I was rushing away from LL Cool Joe.

Hello Cool Joe! Ahh, glad you enjoyed this. I thoroughly enjoyed your latest post over in Cool Land a lot. You are so funny. As to your post, I just remembered — I peed on my pants leg once in an airplane loo, when Kelly was 4 weeks old and I was INSANELY taking her up to Canada by MYSELF. :)

But moving right along…

Lance — Well, she can’t run too wild, as she is supposed to wear a brace / splint for the next 4 weeks when she’s out and about, but there’s DEFINITELY a LOT of whoo-hoo going on around here. Field trip day, yes very very challenging, but it has made us stronger!

Oh. My. God, Tony! A giant udder. That made me laugh!! I put in the explainer as some of you may have thought it was a or maybe a crayfish. But your imagination — that’s UDDERLy fascinatingly insanely funny. A cow with 6 teats — wot? :) And swinging gibbons — do you work all day on this material?? :)

Shoot – computer about to shut down. Must finish. quickly. mu..

On 19 June 2010 at 5:35 pm

Chris Edgar said,

The Girl Who Got Her Cast Off Today — isn’t that the next Stieg Larsson blockbuster? You should totally write it, Jannie — Stieg would have wanted it that way. Kelly is also a supergirl because she is displaying an extraordinary tolerance for itchiness and/or pain rolling around in that rosemary!

On 20 June 2010 at 12:01 am

I am soooo sleepy.

But I shall survive. :)

Hi BK! Dittoes on all 3 points you make! Hapve a super seek-end yourself, what’s left of it!

Hi Paige! You ‘n Kelly seem to be playing tag team casts. Geez. Hope the olde big toe heals well and soon.

Ahhhh, Dear Ana. You are too sweet and kind! I inhale your wonderful spirit and energy. Thanks!! Well, the pool is full. I’ll be showing it next post. Just a little pool that fills up to 100 cm deep. I like to float on a raft in it, and make a whirlpool, then walk against it. :)

Hi Talon! Her cast did get a little dirtier towards the end, but I guess it was not too bad. LOL on your boy having to get it recasted. Tho you were probably not loling at the time.

Hi Katherine — so nice to see you again. I’ve been meaning to get over to your blog, and will very soon, I promise! tears? Wow, I elicited tears? I must be doing something right. 😉 She is ripping and roaring quite nicely so, thanks!

deere glenns, my jannie and i thanks yoo, and dont werry — i no teeting and drinking all the shugir at one time. the big suckir taked me 2 days to munch.

Hi Suzen! Free! Free! Free!!! Yes, and we are all enjoying it, a lot. A new lease on life.

Hey Dear Daisy — yes, a tripple flippy yippee here!! I think you’ll be seeing a lot more of her full smiles here. I hope so anyway! :)

Sire! Oh great — saving the smiles for the boys. :) maybe so. Beginning AND ending captions, I think — Caption Cook contacted me at the latest seance and chanelled all those words into me.

Hey Farouk. Thanks. They are all so sweet and blessed. And dear. Only the one who had her cast off is actually mine, and the other 2 are neighbors.

Hey Chris — yes, it was a very fine celebration indeed, complete with hotdogs, popsicles and swimming in the dark.

Faith!! I just love that word intricate. Thank you for applying it to my blog. Yes, my plan is to have it never-ending here!! :) It is absolutely awesome you commented here. Thanks! I love that pic of Kelly and Sal too, they loked so intent.

Hey Luisa, yes it will be fun one day to lk back over this blog and remember all these times. That is — IF I can fit in reading the old posts, with writing new ones! :)

Chris Edgar! Are you making me Google again?! Steig Larsson? Any relation to Gary Larson, the cartoonist? Kelly suffers the rosemary itch to get that all-over aroma to last all day.

xoxxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoo

On 20 June 2010 at 1:40 am

Davina said,

Yay… Kelly’s a free girl again. When I was a wee one, I use to wish I had a cast so I could get it signed by all my friends. I guess the novelty wears off pretty quickly though, right? And there’s still so much of the summer left to enjoy. Lots of time for poolside. Put those board games away! :-)

On 20 June 2010 at 6:09 am

Gem said,

Awesome. Great to hear that your lovely girl had finally took off her cast. She’ll be able to finally enjoy the beach.. Woohoo!

On 20 June 2010 at 9:11 pm

Jan said,

this was so fun to read and look at all the pics. oh, your kelly is such a keeper, as is her mom. one great mom, you are. really! here’s to a great summer of fun for kelly. swim on! xo

On 20 June 2010 at 11:15 pm

Jeanne said,

Yay!! Cast-off party. You are too funny! I guess that’s why you’re The Funster. Or is it La Funstress? Or simply Dudette?

In any event, I’m sorry Kelly missed out on some of the fun but I’m glad she now has her cast off and so happy that she got her cast off in time to swim with Jim for Father’s Day. Yay!!!

Jeanne

On 21 June 2010 at 8:31 am

vered | professional blogger said,

CONGRATS! I remember with my own daughter how amazing it was for her to finally take it off.

On 21 June 2010 at 3:45 pm

sheila said,

Awesome! Now let’s all keep our fingers crossed that her arms stay cast free the rest of the summer. Er…year.

On 22 June 2010 at 6:50 pm

Patricia said,

Enjoy the cast free summer…what a great post Thank you for sharing :)

On 22 June 2010 at 10:42 pm

thanks, all 5 of you, always so wonderful to see you all here. Sorry, it’s taken me so long to answer comments lately. Life’s gotten so busy.

Hey, Davina, board games tucked away now on the highest shelf of the far-away closet. :)

Gem, it’s been a big whoo-hoo for sure around here.

Jeanne, and what a fun Fathers’ Day we did end up having at a Lazy River and pool park!

Jan, thanks for your lovely words, all received with open heart.

Hey, Vered, we are doing happy dances since that cast came off.

Sheila — God I hope she moves slowly and carefully for the rest of her life.

On 23 June 2010 at 8:01 pm

Faith said,

Haha – that is so funny, ’cause you were talking about typos above and on your comment to my comment, “Thanks! I love that pic of Kelly and Sal too, they loked so intent. ” Just informing you, looked – – – loked. Luked? Laked? Looked? Looked is the word, huh?

– – – Do not read to many health books, you might die of a misprint.
    – Anonymous (What I’m trying to say is, Keep good eye on Kelly! ;P)

Lots of careful love,

Faith

On 27 June 2010 at 7:03 pm

Hi Faith!! Just LOVE all your comments. How’s Tayah?