How To Go Viral On Twitter In 15 Easy Steps

Kelp Knitting, Rooftop Yodeling | Posted by Jannie on 26 August 2010 @ 6:51 PM 75 Comments

Jannie_drinks_wine_in_tree

10. Drink wine in a tree
11. Sing a little song
12. Do a little dance
13. Make a little love
14. Get down tonight
15. Repeat until viral

This has been a Friday Flash Fiction in 55 words for The G-Man.

Jannie
xoxoxoxo

P.S. the itty-bitty “t” icon below is for Twitter. Tweet if you must.  :)

On 27 August 2010 at 4:16 pm

Hey cute peeps!!

Thanks for all the great comments.

Yep, wine in a tree seems to be the missing twitter element. Beer works well too, I’ve found. :)

On 27 August 2010 at 4:57 pm

sheila said,

Nothin like a glass of wine in a tree. :o)
    I’ve never gone viral. Probably never will. But damn, how exciting would that be? *sigh*

On 27 August 2010 at 5:01 pm

SuziCate said,

Drinking wine in a tree sounds totally awesome, however if I drink it while I’m in the tree I might not make it back out. But I can always take my cell phone with me in the yard…the fire dept is only one street away! Wonder if they rescue people from trees or just cats!?!
    .-= SuziCate´s last blog ..Finding Comfort In The Trials Of Life =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 5:11 pm

Dr. J said,

Nice!!

I’ve spent some time in trees! My favorite memory is when I was a kid visiting my grandmother in the mountains of New York state. She had a sweet cherry tree in the yard and I would climb up and munch cherries as my dog ran around the bottom :-)

On 27 August 2010 at 5:43 pm

Cheryl said,

Beautiful 55. I especially love the photo you chose.

(The planes aren’t called bumpers. Just seemed like the right term to use since they fly so close together.)
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..Bumper-to-Bumper Traffic 55 =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 6:35 pm

vered | blogger for hire said,

You make it sound so easy. :)

On 27 August 2010 at 8:21 pm

J.D. Meier said,

All your missing is a fort, but as long as you’re on a comfy branch, I guess that works.

Love, viral, and busting butts … the keys to Twitter success.
    .-= J.D. Meier´s last blog ..Day 26 – Solve Problems with Skill =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 8:42 pm

Patricia said,

Is that all I need to do? It must be bad breath? and I don’t drink wine in a tree or out of a tree…no more with the vino.

Oh, on twitter they would not know if you had bad breath….now I need to think of something else to say that might be clever…huh,huh (into palm of my hand) no I think it IS bad breath…

It is hard to keep up with you my dear and I only climb trees to prune

And Davina does have a most pressingly urgent question red or white?

:)Love you

On 27 August 2010 at 10:04 pm

Teresa said,

Awesome picture! I just love this. I do think that down is much harder than up after a glass or two.
    .-= Teresa´s last blog ..Foul =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 10:10 pm

Teresa said,

Darn! You made me go open a bottle of wine, but I think I’ll stay in the comfort of the couch instead of climbing a tree in the dark!
    .-= Teresa´s last blog ..Foul =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 10:27 pm

Just Me said,

Ahhh…so THERE’s my problem. I always forget about step 14. Pesky bugger!

Hahaha! Loved your 55, Jannie. :)
    -C
    .-= Just Me´s last blog ..Nothing To Say =-.

On 27 August 2010 at 10:52 pm

As U begin to levitate, you rise above the tree and further enlarge your view.
    .-= Liara Covert´s last blog ..How do you respond to ridicule =-.

On 28 August 2010 at 12:20 am

Carmen Henesy said,

I like your post….loved that song….but I’m not a big twitterer. A big twit, perhaps! Mine’s at: http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2010/08/flash-55-friday-happy-28th-birthday.html#links

On 28 August 2010 at 2:18 am

joanny said,

Really enjoyed this and like the different reasons you site as well, not a big fan of “t” but you almost convince me especially sitting in the tree with a glass of wine. Now that is sweet.

Nice 55er,
    Joanny

On 28 August 2010 at 4:46 am

Kavita said,

Ahaa… A clever one!!! :)

Oh.. and wine on the tree sounds awesome!!! Loved the last step! Repeat until viral!! Absolutely!! :)
    .-= Kavita´s last blog ..Mr Question – Ms Answer =-.

On 28 August 2010 at 6:28 am

richard north said,

lol. drink wine in a tree.
    I’ll have to try that one out. (is lager permitted?)
    .-= richard north´s last blog ..Web show ep 2- ‘A crabby old tune’ =-.

On 28 August 2010 at 7:17 am

Dear Everybody who art so nice… as in you are really really beautiful people I am growing fonder of by the minute…

Glad I inspired some of you to wine with this. Yes, lager also a big tree hit too.

And here’s a tip — one of those inflatable huge mattresses, the kind the firemen use makes a great landing spot if that wine gets you tipsy.

Now, to get over and read me some more 55s…. :)

xoxoxoxo

On 28 August 2010 at 9:23 am

Jingle said,

my 55 is here,
    help us guess what is IT…

your wit is high.
    😉
    Happy Saturday!

On 28 August 2010 at 1:21 pm

Carla said,

Can always count on you to post something awesome! I love the wine up in a tree. Perhaps I’ll try that today :-)

On 28 August 2010 at 4:48 pm

Janna said,

If I did that, I’d end up falling out of the tree. :)

Good one!

My Friday 55 was posted here yesterday. I’m just now getting around to visiting everyone. :)

On 28 August 2010 at 5:27 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

I love the shot of you in the tree, and that’s a great cap! Although I wouldn’t wear pink myself, it looks good on you.

I don’t have Facebook or tweet, but I can definitely do the wine part but maybe not up a tree.
    .-= LL Cool Joe´s last blog ..Hail- hail rock and ice =-.

On 28 August 2010 at 6:57 pm

Paige said,

umm, yes my dear Jannie, If you drink wine in a tree you will get down tonight. No wonder poor ‘lil Kelly keeps breaking her arm…she has to follow you up the tree to get a hug.

What’s ya cooking BB? Smells yummy
    .-= Paige´s last blog ..Heres the scoop =-.

On 29 August 2010 at 2:57 am

Joy said,

LOL–I’m surprised no one has commented on the *obvious*..the real key is to combine 10 through 15, come on we’re bold…then make a video for youtube..and let the viewers tweet away..wow–do you see that??? viral for sure!!!
    .-= Joy´s last blog ..Fearless Fun Friday- Soar… =-.

On 29 August 2010 at 7:27 am

Ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo, ooo.

Cue that K.C. and the Sunshine Band!

You all are great.

That’s my pink John Deere hat I bought when I was in the Funsters, for my chainsaw man song.

Luckily no trees, or bones were hurt in the making of this post.

And champagne works well in a tree.

Off to see if BB’s got his cake in the oven yet.

On 29 August 2010 at 8:13 am

BK said,

That is surely something awesome! I would love to do something like this.

Jannie, thank you for dropping by my site and for your kind comment. I truly appreciate it. Have a great weekend! :)

On 29 August 2010 at 11:28 am

Whoo-hoo, thank you! And BK — did you see your sidebar button?? :

xo

On 29 August 2010 at 1:00 pm

suzen said,

Hi Jannie – Gosh going VIRAL? Reminds me of virus. Which I’m sure I’d get if I if my twitter tweeted!
    hugs
    suZen

On 29 August 2010 at 4:27 pm

secret agent woman said,

Cute, but Twitter is a no-go for me.
    .-= secret agent woman´s last blog ..A visit to the arboretum =-.

On 30 August 2010 at 8:45 am

Tess The Bold LIfe said,

Bust blogging butt…I need a break I’m coming to sit in the other side of the tree, pass the wine. Are those locks I see in your hair? love em’
    .-= Tess The Bold LIfe´s last blog ..Feeling Jealous Shine Your Light On It… =-.

On 31 August 2010 at 6:41 pm

Suzen, that made me laugh!

Hey,SecretAgentWoman, it’s not for everyone. I actually don’t know how some people keep up with it on the scale they do.

Tess! Come drink wine with me! And I have some fresh Long John’s baked!!

Xoxoxo

On 1 September 2010 at 7:52 pm

Wait, how do I do #6?

On 3 September 2010 at 4:32 pm

Dearest Alice Audrey — I think you already do that — networking, having fun, putting in lost of time. :) Do you Tweet?

xoxoox

On 7 September 2010 at 11:57 am

I’m not real Tweet. I’ve got it set up and it posts my blog automatically, but I can’t seem to get a grip on the comment stream.

On 7 September 2010 at 2:13 pm

Well, Dearest Alice Audrey, you are ahead of me on the posting link. I was thinking today what a lazy promoter I am. :) But whatever… all in due time. The comment stream seems to me like playing “double dutch” with 500 skipping ropes all at once. I think I’d rather read a friend’s blog post and comment on it, than fling myself into the tornado of a Twitter Stream. :) Oh yeah!! You ever feel like that:: :)

xoxoxoxo
    xoxoxoxo
    (all for YOU and you alone!)

xo

On 14 September 2010 at 9:35 pm

Mia @ Finding Balance said,

Do a little dance? I don’t really want people to scream in terror at my moves. LOL.