Speaking About My Wine-Drinking Tree…

Photography | Posted by Jannie on 20 September 2010 @ 8:48 PM 50 Comments

jannie_And_chance_tree_spring_1996

You’ll say “No way, Jannie! That tree beside you in the top picture is the SAME one as below!??”

that_tree_2010

And I’ll gulp more wine and say, “Yes, my peep, yes indeed, that’s the SAME tree. I planted it in 1994.”

(Different doggie, tho. Sweety the weiner is now 5.5 years old.)

that_tree_2010_2

And you’ll say, “Holy cow, Jannie! You still have your same foot?”

And I’ll say “Yes, I still have both my feet.  And all else. (Pretty-much.)”

And you’ll say, “Show me you in the tree drinking wine again, Jannie!  Please!  Please!!”

And I’ll say “Sure!  Here you go!”

Jannie_drinks_wine_in_tree

And you’ll be dazzled beyond compare.

And I’ll smile and post yet another picture, this time of Kitty in the tree when he was just 4 months old, and already fancied himself a badass hunter!

bad_ass_kitty_4_months_old

(Kitty is now 3.5 years old.)

And still loves that tree.

And I love the tree.

And it loves me.

And I love you.

And I’ll sip more wine and publish this after 1 more picture of Kelly up there when she was wee…

fun_in_tree

And  you’ll say, “Show me MORE tree, Jannie! Please, please!”

And I’ll say “All in due time, my peep, all in due time.

‘Cause I have like, 5000 pictures to show you.

And 75,000 more to take.  (At least.)”

Okay, okay ONE more pic — but that’s it!

7 photos of the tree.

Lucky lucky 7.

Kitty_can_climb

xoxoxoxoxoxo

On 22 September 2010 at 5:44 pm

joaquin said,

wow – the deck grew too – that’s awesome. i love how everything around you grows and changes – you are some truly inspiring and industrious folks.

makes me wish i had a wine-drinking tree. or a tree. or wine.

and thank you for the awesome link/button over there! you rock!
    .-= joaquin´s last blog ..Stolen Ambulance =-.

On 22 September 2010 at 11:52 pm

Davina Haisell said,

Jannie, that photo of kitty the bad-ass hunter is superb! The way the rays of sun are streaming through the tree. And his expression! I wouldn’t want to be whatever little birdie or chipmunk he’s fixed on.

On 23 September 2010 at 6:41 am

Dear Mama Z, sorry to be such a bad influence on you.

Dear Patricia — of course — WE. And I think your personality ROCKS!!

Dear Bulldog. Is it really YOU?? Welcome back. Gosh is it already 2 years since we met?

Dear Sheila — thanks1 Kitty does look pretty cute there, I must admit.

Dear William — thanks for being so kind. Getting my blog to be faster IS on my to-do list.

Dear Joaquin — did you get some wine? :)

Dear Davina — and Kitty hunter brings me in all kinds of “treats” from the backyard still, that wild thang.

On 23 September 2010 at 11:56 am

1 in 100 is still better than I ever did.

On 24 September 2010 at 8:53 pm

Jannie, this is a wonderful post. I love the tree. I bet it could tell some great stories if it could talk. :-)

I’m behind reading blogs again. Trying to catch up. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    .-= Daisy´s last blog ..Monday Colors – Brown =-.

On 25 September 2010 at 8:21 am

Tony Single said,

Kitty just melts my heart. Doggy does too. And I’m a bit of a tree hugger too, so there’d be lot of reading bedtime stories to it going on if it were in my backyard. Yup, I’m certifiable, but hey, at least that makes me something, right? 😛

On 27 September 2010 at 12:15 pm

Oh hi, 3 peeps!! You iz amazing to pop in, thanks.

Alice — you crack me up! Do you have eyes of green? Blue? Brown? Hazel? And your hair? Is it autumn flame? :) We are all beautiful as we are. Or so the wise ones say.

Dearest Daisy — You remind me to look for more pix. I have quite a few of its progress. Yes — some wild parties in its infancy. Lot of birds and squirrels in it now. I saw a big big nest of some kind way up high in it the other day — squirrel I think. he is not happy when kitty approaches. I imagine he throws acorns down as ammunition! Or she, perhaps. And what?? Behind on reading blogs?? The only sad part of my life these days — that’s the problem with having lured so many of you sweet people over here — I no longer have time to read as often as I’d dearly like to. Oh well, I’m trusting that all still feel loved by me!! I think YOU are awesome, I always smile when I think of you and / or Daisies. :) And I must tell you my typo for that right now was… “I always smile of you when I think of dairies!!!” LOL.

Hey Tony — that makes us both certifiable. And you still artsy, and talented and funny and nice and all that stuff!!!

xoxoxoo

On 28 September 2010 at 10:55 pm

Jeanne said,

Alas, the mice did NOT clean while I was asleep… much to my dismay! How dare they!

Well, once I get my write access situation ironed out, I have my heart set on cotton-puff clouds. Maybe you can keep the pretty clouds until then?

Jeanne
    Joe’s Pizza Shop (Don’t worry… I knew what you meant). 😉

On 29 September 2010 at 10:23 am

Jeanne — I think you need new mice. Ooooo, I hope you can get your write access sorted. And yes, I will keep these clouds until Halloween — at least. Blue sky just goes with EVERYTHING — don’t you think?? :)

xoxoxoxoxoxo
    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    xoxoxoxoxo
    xxoxoxoxoxoxo

xo

On 30 September 2010 at 4:18 am

Seven Days Spoof said,

I simply love your wine drinking tree!!! I want one too. And it’s true, I could not believe it was the same one!
    .-= Seven Days Spoof´s last blog ..Latest updates =-.