Funstering Friends, 2

Friends, Sidebar Buttons | Posted by Jannie on 27 September 2010 @ 7:37 AM 40 Comments

People ask,

“Jannie, why do you make those sidebar buttons, anyway?!”

And I answer…

“Why plant flowers when so many already grow?

Why write songs, paint, sketch, sculpt, or weave words into poems and stories when so much art already exists?

Why keep dancing and laughing and flinging our kilts to the wind?

WHY sail these friend buttons out to sea?

Simply… because love is waiting everywhere and every day’s a celebration.

and dont werry, Groovy_BB_avatargroovie babees,

I mean, don’t worry!

All buttons that roll down and drop off my sidebar will reappear in a recap post like this.

(Funstering Friends are Excellent Humans who pop in and out of this blog,

and ones who may or may not pop in, but whose sites I like.)

(The first Friends recap was here.)

(Yes I’m getting better at the buttons, thank you for noticing.)

AND…

in stunning conclusion to this sidebar button post, here are a couple recent self-portrait attempts to show you how clean I got my spare ribs pan one day.

jannie_ribs_pan

jannie_ribs_pan_2

Posted with love, from and by Jannie

On 27 September 2010 at 8:47 am

Dot said,

Great-looking buttons!

On 27 September 2010 at 9:32 am

J.D. Meier said,

You always know how to make life happen, whether it’s sidebar buttons or clean spare rib pans.

… and you always add your unique twist and blend of fun.
    .-= J.D. Meier´s last blog ..When To Use Task-Oriented vs Relationship-Oriented Leadership Styles =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 10:53 am

You sure have a lot of blogs you read, Ms. Funster. :) Thank you for making a button for me – I love it!

On 27 September 2010 at 11:21 am

Hey Dot — thanks, the first and last rows are actually the newest. I’m now making them 150 wide by mostly 75. Px that is. And try to keep them less busy.

Hey J.D.! Well, are not art and cleanliness where it’s at?? :) And you always have a way of leaving unique / funny / concise comments, thank you. Been thinking I’ll soon pop in and see what’s the latest inspiration in J.D. land.

Hi Lynn! Your next one will be much much cuter. My earlier work was very formative you know. :) But we learn by doing! Speaking of which, I actually laid hands on guitar while singing earlier, plus copying lyrics to computer. Yes, I am lucky to have so many wonderful friends, tho now there are not enough hours in the day to read every post of every friend. But I love every one of you the same as ever. Actually, MORE!!

And now off to more of it, and organize pix for a while.

But first to Lynn’s blog where I try to catch early, but today I was putting up this post.

(agin)

On 27 September 2010 at 11:32 am

Anne Bender said,

I love all of your buttons and Blue Bunny’s wonderful outfits. Speaking of Blue Bunny – watch out for William Tell with that apple upon your head.

Ooooo, and I loves me a clean pan after a messy meal. Pictures must be taken! 😉

On 27 September 2010 at 11:52 am

Katherine said,

It is not for us to ask why Blue Bunny. It is better that we see the mirth and wisdom of the great Jannie reflected in a clean spare-rib pan…

Thanks for the awesome button. You picture me sailing along in the the vast ocean of my world, and that looks like a great place to be.
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..The Sleep Over =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 11:56 am

Hey Anne!! I totally had thought about that too, the William Tell thing, that is. :) Our great minds are thinking alike on that. And now up on my header BB has a single maple leaf. I wonder what he will get up to next/ He’s a busy busy boy, that one! :) Yes, I opted to actually clean the pan insted of throwing it out. :) And thanks for your lovely words on the buttons, they ARE fun to create.

Now, off I go to a land in shades of green
    and whirling twirling tangerine….

On 27 September 2010 at 12:25 pm

desk49 said,

Desk49 is not flinging his kilt to the wind
    Desk49 does not have a kilt
    Desk49 is not going to have a kilt
    Yes your getting better at the buttons

So your pots and pans
    are as clean as can be
    for in the bottom
    you I could see

tho a little bleary
    and off to the left
    I’m sure it was clean
    I could see not mess
    .-= desk49´s last blog ..Missing- Short Story Page 7 =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 1:04 pm

secret agent woman said,

Oh, that’s what you meant about wondering if I was offended by my sidebar button. I was clueless! But I like it, now that I know.

I also like the groovy, psychedelic self-portraits. :-)
    .-= secret agent woman´s last blog ..One of those Kid Days =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 1:16 pm

Hey Sweet Katherine! Were you posting that comment the same time I was? Wait, let me go back up and check the times… Nope 20 minutes apart. Ahhhh, but I did not F5 before answering Anne’s. Ah ha — I could’ve been Nancy Drew — and fancied myself to be so for many many years. :) And funny — I was just heading over to tell you I had your button up, and found you here. I snagged the photo from a post on your site, a picture you took I do believe. I loved the “diamonds dancing on the sea” feeling. Beautiful!

Dearest Ellis, our Dr. Seuss
    Do you think blogs are of use?
    Yes, I say for mirth and such.
    commenting, for keeping in touch.

A way to share what lies within
    and to show off clean pans of tin.(whoops, aluminum I think, actually.)
    Dishes now piled up in a sink.
    But plenty of good water to drink.

Now there is a popcorn pot
    which during popping got too hot
    so elbow grease now must be found
    to shine it back to Shiny Town. :)

xoxoxo and such.

On 27 September 2010 at 1:36 pm

vered | blogger for hire said,

You’re adorable and I’m impressed by that pan!

On 27 September 2010 at 1:37 pm

sheila said,

Yeah, you do have the cutest buttons! And apparently the cleanest pans! Dang, girl!

On 27 September 2010 at 1:59 pm

There I did it again — no F5 hit.

Dearest Secret Agent Woman, hi! Sorry about any confusion over the button — it’s one of my favorites, you know! Anyhoo, I thought I had mentioned in a comment on your blog I’d pput your button up, or was just about to. At any rate, I’m glad you know now. :) It was fun doing yours — very mysterioso. :) And wow, your son is very creative, as per your post up now. Too bad about the weevils in your rice. We have moths in our peanut bag. So sad. But moths gotta eat too! :)

Dearest Vered — I totally impressed myself about that baked-on greasy mess being 100% totally clean — and I only soaked it for 2 days, not 5 as usual.

Dearest Sheila, hmmn, what shall your button be when I do it again?? hmmn, cucumbers? A St Bernard? Log cabin wallpaper? Deer? Icicles 3 feel long? Yoga pants? Flowers? Hmmn, so many possibilities with you.

Okay, here I go again.

Need a cute new hat for BB.

On 27 September 2010 at 2:40 pm

richard north said,

i agree completely and i have to say. i really like what you did with mine.
    Wow, what were you dong in those shots.
    lol
    .-= richard north´s last blog ..Arts Web show ep 3- perform that review =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 2:43 pm

Mama Zen said,

Would you come do my dishes, Jannie?
    .-= Mama Zen´s last blog ..The Force Is Strong With This One =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 6:57 pm

SuziCate said,

Funstering Friends…love it. You rock,Jannie!
    .-= SuziCate´s last blog ..Spinning Webs =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 8:57 pm

Caity said,

Aw, thanks for plugging me! :)
    I love your analogy to flowers.
    Love the self portraits, too!
    .-= Caity´s last blog ..New Zealand! =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 9:51 pm

Lance said,

I LIKE your glasses, Jannie!!!

And your shirt – is that the one from the park bench?? (…or am I “on” something and don’t even realize it…) (wait – you don’t have to answer that last part about being “on” something…)

You are my button hero!!!!

On 27 September 2010 at 10:22 pm

Jannie, you spread love everywhere you go. Wonderful post! Why plant flowers and write poetry and dance, indeed! 😀
    .-= Daisy´s last blog ..Monday Colors – Black =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 10:26 pm

JoyChristin said,

Hi Jannie,
    Lovely..as always..and I will enjoy visiting the blogs I am not familiar with..you allow such beauty filled blossoms to grow in your garden..I’m lovin it:)
    .-= JoyChristin´s last blog ..Fearless Fun Friday- Say Hey I Love You =-.

On 27 September 2010 at 10:54 pm

Patricia said,

pan looks awesome indeed and you are the bright and shiny one looking through it
    Nice recap
    Hope camping was great fun and relaxing

On 28 September 2010 at 12:59 am

Jeanne said,

You are hilarious! Does Blue Bunny help you? That’s an awful lot of work with all those buttons. I hope he helps you. 😉

Jeanne

On 28 September 2010 at 3:02 am

6 times 4 is 24 = alotta buttons! Keep up Good work! (n posting it too) Looks like the lizards are very popular… I do tend to like the critters! All some very fine bloggers indeed!

I always knew you were a whirlwind of silly activity, illustrated by your clean pan pics… Thanks for the shiny laugh!
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Moored =-.

On 28 September 2010 at 5:25 am

Miles McClagan said,

It’s so unfair I can’t grow an afro

It’s like a torment to see 1ne…
    .-= Miles McClagan´s last blog ..While You Were Thinking- I was Leaving You Behind =-.

On 28 September 2010 at 7:41 am

suzen said,

Hi Jannie! I love the colorful way those buttons all look together – like a quilt – and you are the quilter that brought all the pieces together. Nice job!
    hugs
    suZen

On 28 September 2010 at 11:12 am

Hey Richard — well, your sketch speaks for itself really, one I’d be proud to display in my house. And if you play Bm and F#m do you flatten out your whole barre finger to the low string, or do you curve your finger, especially on the Bm?

Dearest Mama Z! Sure. And would you come do mine? Why don’t we live next door? The dishes are never as dirty (or as green) on the other side.

Hey Sweet SuziCate — you are so awesome! I’ll make you a cute button next time — I’ve switched to more photo, less words. As BB says — pitchers iz gud! :)

CAITY IN NEW ZEALAND!!! I must make a button to announce you. And one for Liara’s new baby.

Dearest Lance of the cheezie-poofed lane. Hey — I still owe you those mismatched socks!!! Don’t think I’ve forgotten those! :) :) Yep, nice glasses. Leg broke tho, not my leg. The glasses’ leg. Yes — park bench shirt, very observant — you get another glass of wine! :) High “on” it all.

Oooo Daisy — well I am made of love, and things go better with love, tho CocaCola would have you think it is IT, the real thing and liking to buy a smile with and such. Cornered the market I think. :) But love is there for the taking of any and all. Thanks for your lovely “werds, as usuil” :)

Joy Christin! I’ve been thinking of you! In a good way, of course. Remembering to look at the guest post questions again. And awww, on your comment that fills my hila hoop wiht hope! Hope that I will learn it one day. But for today I am chatting with my Bm and F#m chords. :)

Dearest Patricia of the Olympian Hills… :) um, what was your comment again. :) Yes, my pan. And I think it’s still looking great like that. however, I grumbled about Jim burning the bottom of the popcorn pot last night (again.) Not very enlightened to grumble. But I forgive myself now, and will clean it later. And maybe even take a hammer to the fallen wood that used to hold up all the things under the sink nicely. I think it may be time. And time to check the air filters again. And organize some clothes. I actually not only folded, but put away by category a whole load — 2 whole loads of laundry after camping. I am soooo on my laundry organizing way!!

Dearest Jeanne of the birch laden lair… hello my name is jannie, and I will be your blogger for this comment. May I get you a cup of tea? BB offers his eternal moral support for all my endeavors in life. I plan on putting up Adrenalynn’s button after I post this. But that does not mean I will necessarily get to it right away. :) Tuesdays I have all to myself until 4:50 p.m. What time is it? Actually, my very first thing after posting this amazingly glorious comment is sitting for 5 minutes with metronome and strumming between 2 chords to strenghten my fingers. “Fingers haz mutch mussels in thems. :) I plan to grab the graphics for 5 buttons today too. I can download the jpegs, then work on them in my Paint program while Kelly does one of her activities. Thus sayeth Jannie of the ticketed hills. :) (P.S. on that Jim knows, he took it surprisingly caringly and well. What a sweetheart I married!

Hey, Snag! You get an A+++++ in math!! yes, lizards. I made it seem like Mama Z’s and Hilary’s squirrel were having a chinwag. I tought of making it seem like Paige’s lizard would be eyeing Patricia’s ladybug, but I’m not sure if the bug would take kindly to that, so I opted out. “A whirlwind of silly activity.” New tagline? Or By-tagline??”

Hey Miles! I used to get big round perms in the 80s. A lot of guys did too — both my brothers, as I recall. Funny! You try a perm? :) Thank you for popping in. Sorry I’ve not been to your blog of late, but I know you’re over there cranking out that magical stuff in the land of Taz.

Ahhhh, Suzen, and the Great Quilter in the sky has given me this computer, this Internet, this fingers and this beautiful day to connect with you! How’s them quilt of love creative apples!! Thanks, hogs to you too. I mean hugs!!! I swear that was a real typo. I ate some bacon camping.

xoxoxoox

On 28 September 2010 at 11:30 am

Sara healy said,

Wow…that’s interesting about the vote. I like coming to your site because it’s always fun and you never know what you’ll have up. For example, I loved the pictures of you today…they are true “action” shots.

I also have greatly enjoyed your button adventure. It is challenging, however, given how friendly you are…the buttons just keep growing. However, like you said, or kind of said, you can have too many flowers in your garden.

On 28 September 2010 at 3:26 pm

Dr. J said,

Love it! It’s the same reason that I continue to give free, useful advice to people who don’t take it, and then they have the consequences of their behaviors.

That apple is huge (in the previous post)!! It’s a Texas thing isn’t it :-)

On 28 September 2010 at 5:22 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

I think each one of your buttons is a little work of art! It must take you ages to do all the varied graphics you do on your blog.
    .-= LL Cool Joe´s last blog ..Zippy reveals himself =-.

On 28 September 2010 at 9:51 pm

Hi, Sara! The voting results tell me that many people like their Jannie comment responses! The more flowers the better, I think. That’s what I meant to say, but not sure if I got that across.

Hi, Dr J! I am trying to take your free nutrition advice! I’m down to 3 donuts a day and only 2 beers. Thank you for the inspiration.

Hi LLCoolJoe! It takes an average of only 20 to 30 minutes per button from conception to coding. Pieces of happy cake!

On 28 September 2010 at 10:30 pm

Jeanne said,

Sweet Jannie of the Ticketed Hills,

I am so happy to hear that your loving husband took it so well. 😉

Jeanne

On 29 September 2010 at 9:15 am

Hi Jannie .. hey more side buttons, more midriff buttons, more shiny bright pans – what more could a girl want … and in between all of this – you’ve been writing some more songs ..

BB – I see survived the weekend well .. grooving along with all the chicks ..

Bet the kids had loads of fun .. ghost stories .. plenty of games and loads a wonderful drink and food .. and more fun ..

Great to have you back .. Hilree!!
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..This Earth’s Crust its waste- but yet its offerings =-.

On 29 September 2010 at 10:15 am

Dearest Jeanne of the Log Cabin Lane — yes, I should’ve known he would not be mad. Glad to have it over with and paid. And I will NOT be repeating my offense. Ever!

Dearest Lovely Hilary of the morning meadows… So great to see YOU, as always, my shining dear friend. I got some great pix from camping. Lovely weather for it! Lots of great food, drink, laughs, songs, swimming, hikes and merriment. And even some sleep! And did you know that iPhone photographing self with clean pan in bathroom mirror is not as easy as one might think. Not for Jannie, anyway. But YOU’re probably a pro at it. Right?? :)

xoxoxoxo

On 29 September 2010 at 12:04 pm

Hi Jannie .. I’d be a disaster taking pictures of me in the mirror with a spare rib pan .. got no ribs to spare .. and my pans are not sparkly diamond clean like yours!! I’d need my glasses – that’s for sure … and why the bathroom mirror .. oh you probably mean the downstairs loo (garde l’eau sort) .. whereas I’d mean the upstairs bathing room …

Morning meadows .. noooo … just a little light drizzle .. but shining I am!

Great look forward to the pics .. I did take some of the Medieval Fair I went to at the Priory .. so must use them soon .. Mum wide awake and talking about burning cakes and Alfred the Great, Warwick Castle .. no holds barred there .. she does amaze me .. and playing conkers .. do your kids (well the few you’ve got, other than the one and only Kelly) play conkers? Did you in Canada ..

Bye for now .. back soon .. cheery bye ..xoxox Hilree

On 29 September 2010 at 4:20 pm

I don’t ask, I simply enjoy.

On 30 September 2010 at 12:47 am

Davina Haisell said,

I LOVE your buttons, Jannie. You are talented beyond song writing and singing. Cool effects on the photos of you with that pan, too. You made cleaning that pan sound like fun. Fancy that :)
    .-= Davina Haisell´s last blog ..Inspired by Spider =-.

On 30 September 2010 at 10:32 pm

Oh Dear Hilary with no rib to spare. Not even for Adam? I know — we North Americans with out bathrooms, restrooms, etc. Hard to keep up with us. Is your meadow sunny today?? Conkers? It that pinochle? I’m not sure.

Dear Alice Audrey, enjoying and not asking is a great way to be!! Boy is it!

Hey, Davina, thanks about the buttons. And just wait until I post pix of my clean mopped florrs some day! And my teacups with stains all gone now! :0

On 1 October 2010 at 12:57 am

Jeanne said,

I’m not surprised your honey was understanding. I’m sure you won’t repeat that offense – but if I hear on the news about a woman in Texas with blond hair arrested for flinging bras on mailboxes, I will suspect you immediately. Just sayin’.

Jeanne
    .-= Jeanne´s last blog ..Fibromyalgia Flattened =-.

On 1 October 2010 at 2:38 pm

nessa said,

Your buttons are so much fun. I love mine. And your little hippie beatnic guy is so cute.
    .-= nessa´s last blog ..Flash 55 – Appeasing the Gods =-.

On 6 October 2010 at 9:27 pm

Dearest Jeanne — I only fling my bra to the trees, and the occasional passing horse.

Dearest Nessa — you ROCK! Glad you like yours. I like it too!