Whoo-HOOO!

Friends, Rooftop Yodeling | Posted by Jannie on 2 November 2010 @ 4:23 PM 40 Comments

If you can’t wait the whole 51 seconds to hear to the winner’s name,

or if you are experiencing “teknickel diffikultees,” you can always

click here to see who won the “Dear Mystery Person” 7th Letter,

letter_Winner

a winner who also gets copies of these photos…

the_seventh_letter

And a life-time subscription to this blog!

Can things get any more exciting?!?

But wait — they CAN!  Jannie made good progress on songs today, Kelly likes school and Blue Bunny is ironing all Jim’s shirts!!

Now back to guitar on a new song, “Everybody’s Beautiful”

as in…

Everybody’s beautiful
Just the way we are
Everybody’s made of love
And little bits of stars
Everybody’s beautiful
Everybody shines, from the
Light we’re all created from
Brighter all the time…

Posted with love by, Jannie

On 2 November 2010 at 4:31 pm

Me me me .. first .. and I saw my name in the hat .. but I had a beautiful card with lots of stamps for overseas .. so Alice Audrey .. congratulations ..

& Jannie those words are just wonderful .. fantastic ..

Must dash .. otherwise I’ll be 2nd or 3rd or or or ..

Enjoy the day .. & glad you didn’t fall .. couldn’t have got there quick enough to pick you up … have fun .. Hilree xoxoxox
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..The Grand Tour =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 5:22 pm

secret agent woman said,

Oh good for Alice!!
    .-= secret agent woman´s last blog ..You just never know who is going to show up at work =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 5:33 pm

Sara healy said,

Jannie — Well, other than being a bit dizzy, I did enjoy the video of tree climb announcement.

Don’t get mad at me, but when I saw the lyrics to your song, I couldn’t resist writing it this way…

Jannie’s beautiful
    Just the way she is
    Jannie’s made of love
    And little bits of stars
    Jannie’s beautiful
    Jannie shines, from the
    Light we’re all created from
    Brighter all the time…

I know you can’t sing it this way or everyone might you have a big head, but it fits you just as well as it fits “everybody”:~)

On 2 November 2010 at 6:45 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

Ha ha your video cracked me up! I do need a wine drinking tree!

Well done Alice!
    .-= LL Cool Joe´s last blog ..Im back and I need to decorate =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 6:51 pm

desk49 said,

Good for Alice. I hope she gets a lot of fun and use out of it. She is one lucky girl or woman.

On 2 November 2010 at 7:07 pm

You crack me up, Jannie! 😀 I wish I had a tree I could climb in. I did when I was a little girl, but I don’t have one anymore. Congratulations to Alice!
    .-= Daisy´s last blog ..Pumpkin Carving on the Wild Side! =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 7:54 pm

Glenn Buttkus said,

We have felled four trees in our yard
    this year, and sent for ye olde stump
    grinder to do the stumps; but none
    of them had the stature or charm
    of your wine-drinking tree. Is this
    tree near the Kelly tree house?
    I am disappointed that kitty did
    not come up too, and we know
    that BB was too busy ironing
    Daddy Jim’s work white shirts
    and such, so he could not go up
    too, and join in!

Congratulations ALICE AUDREY,
    your luck rivals the clover,
    and outshines rainbows.
    But I am not envious, oh
    maybe a little bit, but I have
    a secret. I managed to get onto
    Jannie’s Christmas card list
    this year, and so I will have
    a Funstergram complete with
    baby Jesus, Santa, elves,
    and several camels, two Angels,
    and a cow.
    .-= Glenn Buttkus´s last blog ..Gathering Sloes =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 8:41 pm

Lance said,

Hey, the wine drinking tree!! I think I would like it there…

Congrats to Alice Audrey!! Woo-Hoo!!!

On 2 November 2010 at 9:45 pm

Everyone is always a winner. Self-love is the key.
    .-= Liara Covert´s last blog ..Tell it like it is =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 9:53 pm

Katherine said,

Congratulations Alice Audrey! Lucky lady. I like the lyrics of your newest song Jannie
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..The Raking Machine Strikes Again =-.

On 2 November 2010 at 9:59 pm

whooo-hoooo.

You are all my favorite people.

I’m going to bed.

xoxoxoxo

ZZ Z z zzz zz z z z

On 2 November 2010 at 10:58 pm

Talon said,

Sweet dreams, Jannie! xx
    .-= Talon´s last blog ..Reflecting =-.

On 3 November 2010 at 2:57 am

I’ll be back to watch videos tomorrow on the better puter.
    Congrats to the mystery Alice A winner!

I’m remembering a Tom Jones oldie I think, that goes
    “Every one is beautiful- in his own way…”
    I’m betting your tune is way different than that one!
    Good fun n luck with the studio Time
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Leaves in November =-.

On 3 November 2010 at 7:07 am

KINGOFNEWYORKHACKS said,

A magical wine drinking tree to yodel to the masses from…Jannie you are a genius , and that Whoo hoo !! made my day !! Trree of dreams, if you grow it, we will come . 😉

On 3 November 2010 at 7:18 am

A wine drinking tree would be the best – you need some sort of rope bucket to pull your bottle up and down. :)

Congrats to Audrey! And love hearing a little song this a.m. xo

On 3 November 2010 at 10:28 am

vered | blogger for hire said,

Everybody’s beautiful. Loved it. YOU are a beautiful person Jannie, inside and out!

On 3 November 2010 at 10:34 am

Dearest Hilary — NUMBER ONE!! Yes, your hat name was front and center. Thanks, not 100% sure of the order of words in that chorus, but the basics are there. I’ll be recording it in the studio soon.

Hey, dearest Secret Agent Woman — lovely congrats to Alice, and you remain a secret to me. :)

Dearest Sara — next time I’ll go much higher in the tree, but put the camera on the ground to record me, will have both my hands free. Mad at you?? MAD AT YOU for switching my lyrics up so nicely??? Never!!! You are too sweet. STOP IT!!! ( I Love it!) :)

Dearest LLCoolJoe!! Hello, how sweet of you to pop in again when I still owe wonderful you and your blog a cvisit! Glad you enjoyed my little tree trip. :)

Dearest Desk 49, yes I hope Alice gets much use out of her letter, maybe frame it for art, maybe use it as a fan in hot summer, meditate whilst holding it, fling it around as a paper plane. :)

Dearest Daisy — hey, when I make Daisy smile I smile too. No tree?? What about that park not far down the way from you?? Must be some good climbers there! :)

Dearest Glenn, so sorry about your 4 trees. Even trees do not last forever, but in our hearts. Hey, why don’t you use the stumps as plant holders, or carve something in them?? Yes, that’s Kelly’s tree house you see behind the tree. Now BB is ironing the socks!!

Dearest Lance, yes, many come from miles around to witness the glory of that tree! Do hyou have a wine-drinking tree too? :)

Dearest Liara Covert — yes indeed, we are all winners to be made of love and little bits of stars. I love me today, whoo-hoo!!

Dearest Katherine, thanks on the lyrics, I may put the first 4 lines first and the last 4 first, as per my singing on The Trail this morning. And thanks for congrats to Alice Audrey.

Thanks, Talon — got a full 7.5 hours last night. had weird dreams that I was inside my iPhone looking out. What?? :)

Dearest Snaggle, when the lyric came to me I did Google, and was glad to find no one had snagg(led) up my idea. I already had the melody, and away I went!! :) Oh, yes, like a starry snow-covered night, it goes I believe. have fun watching!!

Dearest King, I LOVE the idea that if I plant it you all will come. Whooooo-hooooo!!! :) You guys are so so awesome!

Dearest Lynn, yes and now that Kelly has Walkie-Talkies I can page here to replenish the rope bucket!! :0

Ahhh, Dearest Vered, that is so so so sweet of you to say, thanks you beautiful person! Yes, me inside and out — and I know about the inside as I’ve seen X-rays of my innards and my spleen is absolutley gorgeous! :)

Now…. to go over and let our guest of honor,Alice Audrey know that she is the Grand Letter Winner!! I forgot to notify here

xoxoxoxoxoxo

On 3 November 2010 at 11:32 am

Arts web show said,

lol. such a fun video.
    Wow, that wine drinking tree seat is actually quite high up. lol
    .-= Arts web show´s last blog ..Arts web show ep 4- Just like the movies =-.

On 3 November 2010 at 11:42 am

Chris Edgar said,

I love your striped escalator pants photo! Heh, and I like the way I phrased that too, as if you gleefully ran for the restroom when you saw an escalator, reached into your backpack for your trusty “escalator pants,” and came back for the photo op. And there’s a different set of pants for going up the escalator too, I’ll bet — like, with different-colored stripes.

On 3 November 2010 at 11:58 am

Squeeeeee!!!!!! Squeee Squee Squeeeee!!!!

Love the “Deedly, dooodly, dee-dee-dee.”

And a lifetime subscription too! Too cool! :)

On 3 November 2010 at 12:17 pm

Dearest Arts Web Show a.k.a Richard North, who are somewhere across an ocean and a couple of hills, well… I’m not a professional game show / prize announcing host, but I’m glad it got the point across. I planted that tree! Baby pix of it one day.

Dearest Christopher R. Edgar whose wit and wisdom doth run equally deep and mysteriously… :) hello! And did you notice how quietly my escalator runs, but not quite all the way to the top floor. :) :) :)

Dearest Alice Audrey, well it was the best I could do for an impromptu song that had no rhyme yet. But I’ve kept singing on it and here’s the chorus. “Oh, my goodness gracioius me — Jannie got stuck in her wine-drinking tree.” Maybe my version of “7 Old ladies Stuck In The Lavatree,” so to speak. :) And that life-time subscription also applies to your heirs and assigns, from mine! :)

On 3 November 2010 at 1:37 pm

Mia @ Finding Balance said,

I love “Everybody’s Beautiful”.

On 3 November 2010 at 5:29 pm

sheila said,

Congrats Alice Audrey! And Jannie, you are crazy. lol Good crazy

On 3 November 2010 at 7:28 pm

Henway said,

Lucky Alice! She’s gonna have a lot of fun.
    .-= Henway´s last blog ..Vitamin C for acne =-.

On 3 November 2010 at 7:50 pm

K and B said,

I just wanted to say Hello.

On 3 November 2010 at 9:58 pm

lol- wow that video is way sillier than I’d imagined…
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Leaves in November =-.

On 3 November 2010 at 10:23 pm

Jannie is going to bed, but first wants to say hello to…

Dearest Mia — thanks, I think you will like the song a lot, and hopefully it will be one that is heard ’round the world, or at least as far as I can be heard from my wine-drinking tree.

Hi Sheila — kinda wild eh? :)

Heyway, hello again! I am happy to see you. Do you know Alice Audrey? It’s been fun getting to know her these past few months, and neat that she gets the 7th Letter!

hey, K & B! Me and BB say hello back to you two!

Hey, Snaggle, you just never know that will happen when Jannie goes to the wine-drinking tree eh? Tree drank a lot today. :)

On 4 November 2010 at 10:02 am

Dr. J said,

If I ever leave Florida, I’m moving to Austin!

Nothing runs like a Deere, or climbs like a dear :-)

On 4 November 2010 at 10:19 am

Hey, Dearest Dr. J! And if I ever leave Austin it will be for Florida, or Nova Scotia, or New Brusnwick, or Australia, or Germany, or France, or Ireland, or New Zealand, or Maine, or New Jersey, or Cape Cod, or Long Island, or Timbuktu. :)

On 4 November 2010 at 10:30 am

Hi Jannie .. gone off the Whoo-hoo .. now I’m sulking .. no Eastbourne .. or little old England .. Bhoo-hoo .. sob sob sob ..

Bye .. blowing a gale here .. but otherwise cloudy .. cold artic air coming at the weekend .. loverlerly … cheers H .. Couldn’t resist this reply as I waz sitting here before I do a dash up the hill to see my Mama .. xoxo from us .. and love BB .. .. he’s majestic ..
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..The Grand Tour =-.

On 4 November 2010 at 3:47 pm

I sent you email.

This is so cool, how so many people actually noticed my name. Jannie, you’re the best.

On 4 November 2010 at 6:11 pm

Tess The Bold Life said,

Yeah for Alice. Any wine left?

On 4 November 2010 at 11:37 pm

J.D. Meier said,

I like little bits of stars, or I might be mixing it up with pixie dust.
    .-= J.D. Meier´s last blog ..Success 20 =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 10:07 am

Hey, Dear Hilary! The cold wind is whipping here too, a lovely time of year to rejoice in the beauty of changing seasons on a cute little planet. Stay warm!

Dearest Alice Audrey — thanks for being so organized and sending me your address! I’d been meaning to mail you, but you beat me to it. (Answering e-mails after comments.) Then to finish up the lyrics for “Everybody’s Beautiful.”

Yo, Beautiful Tess!! Plenty of wine everywhere, always — both in a bottle and the wine of life that floats in the air. :)

Yo, J.D. :) Pixie dust everywhere too.

On 6 November 2010 at 4:50 pm

It was pure luck. I’m a mess right now because of National Novel Writing Month.

On 8 November 2010 at 9:00 pm

Davina Haisell said,

Congrats Alice Audrey. And Jannie, so glad you didn’t fall out of that tree :-) I’ll have some wine too, please.

On 9 November 2010 at 10:32 pm

Poetry Book Giveaway – whoo hooooo | Jannie Funster said,

[…] last  time, to pick you five lucky […]

On 9 November 2010 at 10:45 pm

Hey, Alice Audrey — you go, on the NaNoWriMo! The secret IS in the doing. I practised my guitar in the back seat of the car for 40 mins this afternoon while Kelly was at one of her activities.

Hey, Davina! Whoo-hoo. I am actually quite a good tree climber, and boy – what super exercise. Next time I’ll be using both my hands.

On 14 November 2010 at 7:45 pm

It’s hard to use both your hands when you’re busy climbing. :)

On 14 November 2010 at 7:50 pm

Doy!

What I meant to say is it’s hard to use both hands for climbing when one is holding the wine. And no, I haven’t had any to drink lately.