My Only Regret With The Sidebar Buttons Is…

Poetry, Sidebar Buttons | Posted by Jannie on 4 November 2010 @ 10:55 AM 68 Comments

AUTUMN_michigan

they grace the top

of love’s sidebar.

Yep, corny as

An Ishtar Song, that

last bit, but  true.

Ishtar

That was a Friday Flash Fiction in 55 words for The G-Man.

Except I can’t wait ’til my usual 5:55 to post this, so here you go!

It’s never too early for luuuuv. 10:55 a.m. now.

(At least I got a 55 in there!)   :)

Jannie

P.S.  Edit…

I have so far made about 60 buttons — and I have about 150 friends, so please be patient until your button appears!

All buttons end up permanently linked in a post like this, then go up here, a page I’ll eventually organize into attractive archives, as the code grows and grows.

xoxo (agin)

On 4 November 2010 at 11:36 pm

cindy said,

(yes, that's all I have to say… it's late and I just got to the BEACH!.. and here I am playing around on the internets)
    .-= cindy´s last blog ..Costumes- Part 2 =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 12:18 am

Lane Savant said,

Violin in the upper left hand corner, an honor up to which I will try to live.

On 5 November 2010 at 12:31 am

Moondustwriter said,

you are so sweet to all of us. I love my MDW button – so beautiful like the maker

I love the many looks of bunny and the M hat is perfect – tho an SF hat would have been nice too – LOL

love to a friend from the Moon

Have a great weekend

On 5 November 2010 at 1:48 am

Belinda said,

Aww, you are one sweet lady, aren’t you? What a lovely 55. Funny reference to Ishtar, a move whose cast I know but whose title I’ve only heard once or twice. Will put it on the netfix queue.

On 5 November 2010 at 3:54 am

Anthony North said,

A great thought.
    .-= Anthony North´s last blog ..QUESTIONS =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 6:09 am

Hi Alice Audrey. Sorry I missed your comment up there last night. Forgive? :) Yes, the old button rotation must be a sight to witness when it’s your button.

Alessandra — thanks a bunch! I do believe this, love is the way to go, and all the little things we do add up to One Big Love.

Hi Teresa, and I am honored to be among YOUR friends. Blogging is such a beautiful, beautiful thing!

Hey, Monkey Man — and you know you’ll be getting a button one of these days, right!? And why do I think it’ll have a monkey on it?

Hey, J.D. Just don’t eat the cookie or drink any of the potion here, you might end up Tall As Alice and meeting the mad hatter. :)

Cindy — yay! The Beach!! I always get on the Net on vacation too, I think every one does in this day and age!

Hey, Lane, and I will try to live up to the honor of my guitar. I’ll soon be in the studio laying down tracks for 2 new songs with guitar FIRST. Wish me luck!!

Hey, MoonDust! I think an SF hat would be great too!!! So sweet to see you again, I will check out your blog from the library later where the computers are fast, fast, fast!

Hi Belinda, well you are one sweet lady too, I think! Oh Belinda — please don’t blame ME if you watch Ishtar and don’t care for it. :)

Hey Dear Anthony — yes, I thinked the thought was a good one too! Great to see you, of course.

On 5 November 2010 at 9:54 am

gautami tripathy said,

Love the 55!

panorama
    .-= gautami tripathy´s last blog ..charcoal shadows =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 10:00 am

suzen said,

Hi Jannie! Wow you are one busy girl! Thanks for the button, what a sweetie! And thanks for getting out that FB and tryin to tweet on my blog info. Always appreciated! I’m only trying to spread the word – it has nothing to do with my stats – I could care less and never check them anyway.
    hugs
    suZen

On 5 November 2010 at 11:35 am

Lane Savant said,

Good luck with your new recording, Jannie.

On 5 November 2010 at 11:51 am

desk49 said,

Your buttons
    are alright
    on top or the side

and you posted
    a poem for
    G-man 55
    .-= desk49´s last blog ..Love Lost- =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 11:57 am

Hi Gautami! Thanks a bunch! I’ll be reading blogs at the library this weekend, where the computers are 10x faster than this little laptop of mine.

Hey, Suzen, well, we are all busy I suppose. :) Buttons take me only 15 – 39 minutes each. No biggie at all. Stats, schmats, I don’t care either, tho I do feel good when my Aexa rank goes down a bit. :)

Hi again Lane! I’m going in for 2 tunes before too long, guitar first, then vocal. Exciting new territory. Luckly very simple guitar (actually the song here beside BB with his pumpkin pie.) And another — whoo-hoo. I just LOVE the studio where I’m recording. I know it’ll go great.

Hey, Ellis! Side is a great rhyme for five. Got rhymes on my mind these days. And Ghiradelli carmel squares on my mind too! :)

On 5 November 2010 at 12:24 pm

Glenn Buttkus said,

BB’s hats are making me envious, and
    a bit dizzy. He is the Peter Sellers of
    hares, looks better in a chapeau than
    Sinatra, and seems to have more talent
    than Wayne Newton.

I have been more than thrilled to be
    included in your button-down sidebar,
    and I agree that it is way cool for you
    to create an all new image for each of
    us rather than just using a piece of our
    header or avatar.

A blog I write for,
    TACOMA FILM CLUB ANNEX, is also on
    Word Press, so I too get to reproduce
    movie posters giant size. ISHTAR was
    a bad movie, but not a terrible one.
    SANTA CLAUS VS. THE MARTIANS
    comes closer to that honor.

Another sterling 55 Miss Funster,
    and good luck with the recording
    session, and with keeping up with
    your 150 acknowledged friends,
    and your 15,000 unacknowledged
    drop in ones. That reminds me,
    why are you not on Facebook
    with the rest of us fools?
    .-= Glenn Buttkus´s last blog ..Ten Years Later =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 1:56 pm

Claudia said,

i think you do an amazing job with those sidebar buttons – they are created with such a lot of love and so personal…really appreciate this!

On 5 November 2010 at 4:26 pm

Mama Zen said,

“Corny as an Ishtar song.” That cracked me up!
    .-= Mama Zen´s last blog ..Less Witch- More Craft =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 5:02 pm

Monkey Man said,

It would be an honor.
    .-= Monkey Man´s last blog ..Flash Fiction 55 – Hidden =-.

On 5 November 2010 at 9:38 pm

Jannie, this creative outlet is the perfect example of the infinite being you are allowing to manifest its amazng energy. The buttons you create are forever building on others, complimentng and enricing all that is. You are marvelous!
    .-= Liara Covert´s last blog ..You already have it =-.

On 6 November 2010 at 11:52 am

Cheryl said,

Loved this 55, Jannie. Lately I haven’t had time for 55. I miss you.
    .-= Cheryl´s last blog ..Glands- Gonads- and Movember =-.

On 6 November 2010 at 1:07 pm

Dearest Glenn! BB thanks you for mentioning his Peter Sellers fashion acumen. Um, some of the buttons I do use part of an avatar or of the blogger’s header, depending on how it fits my 75 px high by 150 px wide template. But many are from scratch, yes. It’s so much fun creating them! I actually kinda forget most of Ishtar, but I remember wardrobe of love was so laughable. Thanks! I am looking forward to my next recordings. Oh, I am on FB, see the button way up top of this page, but I do not go on there too much. BB keeps me so busy with looks and buttons! :)

Dearest Claudia — that’s it, I do create them with love and friendship. And it’s fun. I loves you ALL!!

Dearest Mama Zen, well, just a little thought that popped into my head and got me to my 55 words! :)

Dearest Monkey Man, ahhh, thanks. And each time you comment here it is my honor.

Hey Dearest Liara, I just LOVE creating and posting these little buttons. Oh, thanks. Jannie blushes now at “marvelous.” Life and love is marvelous.

Dearest Cheryl, hey cute new gravatar!! I miss you too, but you are ever in my heart. Corny? Maybe! True? yes!!

xoxox

On 6 November 2010 at 3:16 pm

secret agent woman said,

That’s a really great way of looking at it – and a visible reminder of visits by friends.
    .-= secret agent woman´s last blog ..Pre-Halloween =-.

On 6 November 2010 at 4:02 pm

brian said,

happy saturday jannie! the fact you put poet by my name makes me smile….
    .-= brian´s last blog ..street corner rainbows =-.

On 6 November 2010 at 4:26 pm

Hey, Lovely Secret Agent Woman of Super-Powered Boots, I, as Jim Croce, have looked around enough to know that love’s the thing I want to go through time with! A tried and true recipe indeed.

Ah, thanks Brian, happy Saturday to you too. I thought poet gets who you are across better than say, Magpie Tales Cockadoodle-Do Guy or Guy Somewhere In The U.S. :)

and such.

On 6 November 2010 at 4:32 pm

Of course I forgive.

On 6 November 2010 at 6:54 pm

Patricia said,

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post Jannie…and I do love your buttons and 55 this week…

BB is truly putting on the top hat and headin’ for the Ritz!

Thank you…I needed to get my head and eyes focused on something else…Hoo Hah!

On 6 November 2010 at 9:07 pm

Thanks, Alice Audrey, I so appreciate that. Oh, and look — I think BB is about to take your letter out to the post box! :) But I’m not quite done writing it, I left of at Kung Fu.

Hi Dear Patricia, always a joy to see you here. Hoping your grant writing is going okay. Yep, BB keeps me hopping with his new styles. Glad he is a feast for your eyes.

On 7 November 2010 at 4:16 am

You’re doing a simply marvelous job of plugging away at your button project!
    btw, I did notice a long time ago the blogroll was full of the past buttons-

Keep up the good work!
    .-= SnaggleTooth´s last blog ..Barge In =-.

On 7 November 2010 at 2:17 pm

Thanks,Snaggle! You are awesome. And always such a super great friend since the git-go. P.s. I never did get any auctions up on EBay. Took a look at the 1000000 kids books there and chickened out.

On 14 November 2010 at 9:02 pm

Annelisa said,

I love this post…this is what friendship is all about x

On 19 November 2010 at 11:25 am

Thanks, Annelisa, stick around to be a regular commenter and you’ll get a button one day too!!

xo