How To Touch Up Your Roots At Home, In 14 Easy Steps

Bra Flinging, Flash Fiction 55 | Posted by Jannie on 5 May 2011 @ 6:55 PM 55 Comments

easter_dinner_jannie_kelly

1. remove bra
(yours or any consenting adult’s)
(dye can stain)
2. wrap old towel around shoulders
3. take “before” photo…

home_hair_color_before

4. make tea
5. color hair
6. drink wine in bath
7. forget to take “after” photo
8. let 2 weeks pass.
9. take this today…

does_she_or_doesnt_she

10. add Easter dinner photo hubby took 2 days after colorment
11. remove old toenail polish…

toenails_breathing

12 eat salad
13. write this
14. post

easter_dinner_jim_kelly

Those were 55 words for The G-Man!

flash55

salad_gman

P.S. Yes, I KNOW I need to file and shape my toenails.  And I WILL! All in due time, my buds, all in due time.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

salad_bunny

On 7 May 2011 at 1:46 am

Shanae Branham said,

Hi Jannie,
    Fun post! I think you should use scarlet. I like that you forgot to take the 2nd photo. It was cute. Oh, by the way, I have a touch of fear of heights. I could not have done that.
    Cheers,
    Shanae

On 7 May 2011 at 1:29 pm

Dearest Ayala, who has 2 sons, hi! Well, I was just being a little silly. Glad you enjoyed. And I clipped my nails this morning and shaped them. next to teh cuticles and buffing. how I suffer for my art and blog! :) :)

Dearest Aimee, yes, and I see I also forgot to include the all-important steps of doing the dishes, sweeping the floor and running 3x around the block naked at night in the steps. But with only 55 words, ya gotta pick and choose. :) :)

Dearest Nimue, tahnk you. Yes, I’m quite the Olde Pro now with doing my roots, a simple system I seem to have perfected. Red or white wine does fine — tho champagne seems to be the ultimate bath beverage. :) :)

Dearest Verse Bender, again, I really stepped in it over on my last post, eh? Geez, red in the face me. To reiterate, I mean mostly The Dead Poet’s Society. — NEVER YOU!! Plus what is age — I’m 47 and just getting started!! :) Truly!!

Dearest Steve E — hair is a wonderful thing, or can be. I like mine! And I think the bald spots are growing back in, tho I missed my dr appointment last week to have a pro check. But back to the future… Yes, my man has a good eye. :) My artiste, Jimmy — he built ALL the wood in that room. I mean — he cut it and put it up, bought from new pine boards the consistency of true love. He did the floor himself too. Child has had bangs cut since then.

Secret Woman!! Dearest, I totally agree on the naked thing! :) But the mailman might nver leave out front doorstep if I go back to all the nude stuff. Well, except for clothes ironing and bacon frying — not so great naked. :) :) I think you guys will be seeing deep blood red on my toes next!!!! :)

My Dearest Shanae, I know I will feel like an idiot when you tell me about the heights thing I must have referred to here. I am not a fan of height either. Oh wait!!! YOUR post — yes the iron workers on the beams way to freak up over NYNY. ME NEITHER!!!!!!!!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoo

On 7 May 2011 at 1:46 pm

Moondustwriter said,

ahhhh I need to do my toenails!!!!

Jannie I love you and the brightness you shed on even a cloudy day

Love and Happy Mothers Day to you!!!!

moonie huglets

On 7 May 2011 at 4:23 pm

Dulce said,

All of them really interesting steps indeed. Love it, and the pics!
    Creative!

On 7 May 2011 at 4:51 pm

Paige von Liber said,

ya know this just a’int funny; I was gonna take a photo of my bare-naked toes. jeepers lady!

you did great on the coloring, stayed between the lines and everything.

have a great Mother’s Day – mom 😀

On 7 May 2011 at 6:27 pm

Dearest MoonDust Writer. I would do them for you if you were here!! And only charge you one beer!! :) YOU are the sunshine too, my love — mroe than you’ll ever know. Happy Mother’s Day to YOU too, I’ve got a Mother’s day post scheduled for 5:55 Texas Time tomorrow a.m.

Dearest Dulce, what can I say — I’m a wacky gal, and if it keeps you coming back here for fun and frolic, then I say…. whoooooohooooooo.

Okay, Paige this is just getting too darn WEIRD with your and my toes living in these parallel universes!! I was planning a full monty naked post of me next week. YOU too?? No wait — you’ve already done that!! I mean the tub post. :) Happy Mother’s Day to you too!!! I hope you’ll pop in for my post tomorrow. I like the picture that will be in it!!

xoxoxoxooxoxox

On 8 May 2011 at 5:03 am

s said,

You list the funniest directions- n I thought it may be boring from the title… N you included toes with a hair post- for a 55! You are so clever.
    For text processing, Notepad is my fave, n have Office 2003- Word. Wonder if you could get that free these days- Good luck!

Happy Mothers Day!

On 12 May 2011 at 7:46 am

Neo said,

SA Asked: “And where is Constantinople???”

Well thank you for writing into JBI. Glad to hear you’re a fan!

The answer to your question is that Constantinople in modern times is located in Turkey!

There you have it, and thanks for writing in. Each letter that gets typed on the web gets you a pocket full of air! And a coupon to a free sample of crackers! ENJOY!

– N

On 12 May 2011 at 9:21 am

Dear Mysterious S… :) sorry I missed you until now.

Neo — Istanbul — I knew that! Puttin’ on the Ritz, remember that song? He sang Constantinople in that. Great pockets of air, thanks! And those crackers should keep my going for like, at least 1 minute.

xooxoxooxoxoxxo

On 12 May 2011 at 4:42 pm

Ana Goncalves said,

Hello Jannie,

Wow your hair looks amazing, and so do your lovely toes. :) So cute. Thanks for sharing.

You know when I first read your post title about touching your roots, I thought about how this post might be connected to actual roots at home. I had no idea your post would be about re-touching hair roots. Great recovery!

So nice to see your loving family at the table, and it works that the roots are at home.

Much love xx

Ana

On 12 May 2011 at 5:12 pm

Oh, hi Dear Anna! You should see my hair at This Minute — not washed, but that’s what tomorrow is for. :)

Roots of hair. Roots of home. Roots of love always.

xoxooxxoo

On 14 May 2011 at 11:46 pm

Hi Jannie .. I’m shocked you managed to find your bra – after flinging it here there and everywhere into the woods?

Great pics with you all at the table .. dinner looks good .. tootsies look good, roots look golden .. and all is well generally – and G-man is happy .. and BB is strumming his blue guitar .. he’s got a little time now-a-days I see ..

Big hugs from us .. Hilreeeeee xoxoxox

On 15 May 2011 at 9:54 am

Dearest Hilary of the magical hills, yes I gave BB a day off last week, and he wrote 2 new songs — lovely ones, the first called “Karrits iz Good,” and the other “You’re Nobunny Til Somebunny loves you.” Grooooan. :)

BIG BIG HUGS BACK TO YOU FROM ALL FUNSTERING ENTITIES!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoo

On 4 June 2011 at 10:54 pm

Steve E said,

It’s been too long away from here–for me…so I’m double-dipping, OK?

Just wanted you to know…SCARLET
    And…I still like those feet. I tried to switch fetish to ‘hair’ but it just isn’t the same. Once a foot-man, always a footman!

On 5 June 2011 at 11:33 am

Dearest Steve of the Traveling Hills, please don’t tell a soul but I let them lie fallow 3 weeks, and went for the light pink again.

I like the reminder above from Eric Bubba of the more dramatic tones for autumn.

So soft sweet ice pink now, maybe purple in July — or blue?

Salmon in August.

Rose in September.

And Flaming Scarlet in October.

xooxxo

So, were you a “footman” on Cinderella’s coach???? :) :) :)