Deeper Into The Rorschach Shawl — a poem

Poetry | Posted by Jannie on 10 May 2011 @ 5:20 PM 51 Comments

austin_swans

My Rorschach Shawl is trimmed

along its thrift store edges with

Van Gogh’s almond blossoms,

his sunflowers courting my

shawl’s picnic-blanket allure

upon which my coffee sits

among love sandwiches

and heaping plates of hope

I’ll happily share with you.

The icing on the cake

at the feast — a little girl,

graces a scene in the

heart of a beautiful city

where many souls are

rejoicing in the sweet

golden gift of the day.

One_Stop
Yay for One Stop Poetry’s One Shot Wednesday — the Net’s ultimate poetry sharing blogsite!!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxox

(Kelly photo, yesterday.)

On 12 May 2011 at 7:38 pm

sheila said,

That Blue Guitar by Kelly button should be an album cover.

On 12 May 2011 at 9:30 pm

Ahhh, thanks, Ana, she actually got it at a thrift store for $2.99 a couple weeks ago — so about 2 quid! We’re going back tomorrow to check out some more amazing deals!

Sara, wonderful comment!! Slip ‘n slide, love it! Yes, I love how that Golden Gift Of The Day just popped out of me out at the end — a line that was meant to be. I think The Child is mostly oblivious to this blog. :) But fun for us, eh?? :)

Sheila, and I’ll have you know since I recently finally saw the film WALL-E, I now (or at least temporarily) will be pronouncing your name as he would…. Sheeeeeelaaa. :) Did you see the movie?? I loved it! And YESSSSSSSSSS, I do believe that photo MUST appear somewhere in the next cd’s art. She took it with her i-phone and did some app affect to it.

xoxooxoxox
    xoxoxoxxo

On 13 May 2011 at 5:59 am

Luke Prater said,

what a beautiful and well-crafted piece of poetry this is. Love the tercet structure. Dig muchly. Thank ya

Luke x

On 13 May 2011 at 5:25 pm

Moondustwriter said,

That kind of shawl is magical and the little girl is truly the icing on any cake.
    You should write children’s poetry jannie it’s so delightful and fresh just the way children like it :)

On 13 May 2011 at 6:27 pm

Ah, Luke you are too too kind! Thank you. I do have lists of favorite words to draw from for image conjuring. :)

MOONIE!! you sweeet heart checking out my 3 last posts and commenting — thank you!!! I don’t know about writing children’s poetry as I have too “naughty” of a mind — but thank you sweet lady from the bottom of my heart that loves you for your confidence in me!!

xoxoxoxoo

On 14 May 2011 at 9:02 am

Heartspell said,

The imagery is so gorgeous in this piece. And I want to know where you can get those “love sandwiches and plates of hope”….that sounds like the perfect meal. Great photo, too. Thanks for sharing.

On 14 May 2011 at 9:33 pm

Versebender said,

Fabulous use of word and phrase…the result…a most appealing image….and I agree that is a beautiful city. Such a happy piece. Vb

On 15 May 2011 at 9:42 am

Dearest Heartspell Laurie, who art so glowingly blue… well, love sandwiches come from within, as all the enlightened ones say!! :) Thank you!

Dearest She who bends verse into sculpted creations of majesty and butterfly wings, have you ever been here to Austin?? It really IS pretty. And fun.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

On 15 May 2011 at 9:05 pm

secret agent woman said,

Lovely photo – and what a beautiful backdrop for it.

On 21 May 2011 at 12:26 pm

Dearest Secret Agent Woman, thanks! I LOVE that part of the trail so so so much. And it’s an ever-changing scene there, or people, boats and fauna.

xoxoxoxo

On 21 June 2011 at 5:25 am

Send Thank You Flowers said,

What a lovely poem and photo. Thank you for sharing.