When I Do Not Come To Your Blog — a poem

Kelp Knitting, Photography, Poetry | Posted by Jannie on 22 June 2011 @ 4:39 PM 30 Comments

wild_blue_water

it’s not because

I’ve fallen out of

love with you

or dumped you for

some younger, older or

buffer blogging buddy.

It’s because I’m sculpting tunes,

practicing guitar and spying on peeps

from trees in my kelp knitted bikini.

One day I even washed the dishes,

another did a whole load of laundry,

and last Friday I baked an apple!

Other times I do not come to your blog

I’m in the ocean of my mind, helping starfish

fill out applications for their dream jobs.

Many starfish long to be pilots,

pro baseball coaches and assistants

to make-up artists on movies.

The pink one I met today

wants only to be a mermaid

who sells peas at the circus.

(boiled with butter, on a tray with 2 bottles of beer!)

peas_in_pod

I swim wild here in my ocean.

I bob like some guy named Bob

in pockets of rainbow ripples.

But back to what started this poem…

When I do not come to your blog

it’s also probably because Blue Bunny

and I are singing on street corners

where the saints imbibe.

hay_imbibe

watery_blue_kelly

iPhone pix recently of Kelly at her friends’ outdoor saltwater pool with a plexiglass viewing area.

Posted with love by Jannie, who is behind with blog-reading again, but hopes to get out soon.

xoxooxox

hay_starfish

starfish_bunny

On 22 June 2011 at 4:51 pm

Aimee said,

“it’s not because
    I’ve fallen out of
    love with you” — *phew* So glad to hear 😉 I hope you’re out bobbing like Bob.

On 22 June 2011 at 6:04 pm

ayala said,

How cute, even though I am :( when you don’t visit, I am :) that you are living life happily.

On 23 June 2011 at 2:14 am

Love that see-thru pool!
    Very interesting reasons you don’t visit sometimes! I should do more of that stuff. I lost a bright orange, perfect guitar pic today, n going crazy trying to find it!
    I think we’re all pretty busy looking for furfilling work these days… but would rather be mermaids!

On 23 June 2011 at 4:54 am

Hi Jannie .. isn’t that amazing – the plexiglass pool side ..is it 4 sides, or just the one? I think I agree with SnaggleTooth .. there are many days when to be a kid again would be the bestest …

Happy tuning up, singing to the heavens .. and generally ensuring BB is kept under control! Great fun Kelly’s having though and her Mama taking pics in the pool .. while keeping dry!

Enjoy – no worries we’re here and loving the stories and tales you tell through your imaginative poems of life … happy days .. xoxxoxo Hilree

On 23 June 2011 at 8:33 am

susan said,

Hi Jannie! Just know that when you do come it is like the sunshine popping thru the clouds – that’s the best poetry I can come up with on only one or two sips of coffee!
    Hugs
    suZen

On 23 June 2011 at 8:35 am

You just come when you can, my friend. I know there is summer, singing and kelp knitting and all. :)

xo

On 23 June 2011 at 10:52 am

I just hope you put cinnamon on the apple that you baked, because that is how I like them best! 😀

I’m always happy to see you, Jannie. (hugs to you)

On 23 June 2011 at 2:22 pm

Katherine said,

Swimming with pea-selling mermaids is a pretty good reason to be busy. No worries though, as I have been have morse-code messages with my local yellow finch at the window. Happy summer Jannie!

On 23 June 2011 at 3:32 pm

Yay — comments!

Dearest Aimee — falling out of love with YOU?! Never! Yep, bobbing like Bob, I thought that line was almost even too weird (for ME) to write. :) So glad it resonated with you!!

Dearest Ayala, ahhhh, I’m sorry I’ve fallen behind again with blog reading. Summer. Child with me a lot. Stepping up the songwriting and studio sessions. And I do LOVE yoru blog, full of love, poetry and optimism!

Dearest Snaggle — I lost one of my pink picks on stage at an O.M. a couple weeks ago. It just VANISHED! Didn’t drop any this past week, tho my guitar did slip down a bit on my legs as I sat on the stool. So I’m gearing up my home gear, mike stand & such to practice singing and playing while standing again. Been a while. Did you find your pick? I’d be a mermaid, or anything else, as long as I could still sing! :)

Dearest HILREE!! Hils, I’m muching crisps with my Throat Coat tea. Junst in the mood. I did walk today for 50 minutes, tho. So I’m justified! (That’s potato chips to any of you North Americans reading this!) Yes, their pool is neat, just one part of the seamless side has that cut-away, about 1.5 m x 1.5 m I’d say. The rest of the pool is solid concrete on the sides. Ahhh, so glad you enjoy my tales and such. And soon I shall take my Good Camera out gallivanting with me Kelly has filled up my available card. So I must get another. Oh, and that BB — yes hard to control him, he does like funning with you all. He did not really imbibb any beers — he’s a tad too young. :) Happy being a kid — you do have3 a fun young way about you. Born that way, I guess!?

oh Dearest Susan, I’ll take “Sunshine through the clouds” as a poem from you or any other sweet soul ANY day!! Thank you. Your words move me like Sally Field, “You like me. You really like me!!” :) :) And guess how many sips of coffee I had today?? Many many. 2 cups at home, and a big big one with Kalyani at a cafe.

Yes, Dearest Lynn, and with Kelly at camp only 3 hours in the mornings this and last week, my alone time FLIES. But maybe next week we can put her in the day-camp from 8:00 to 6:00!! Just one more car to sell!! :) Yes, and I may be moving up to kelp macrame and kelp-on-the-loom. :) :)

Dearest Daisy! The apple recipe was to swim it in 3 oz tequila and 1 oz Grand marnier — with CINNAMON, yes — bake 1 minute and imbibe! :)

Dearest Katherine, and what do you and Ms or Mr yellow finch message about? All the goings-on and gossip in the birdie and people worlds? :) I bet you are busy too with your two sweet angels — they probably keep you fairly hopping.

xoxooxoxox

On 23 June 2011 at 5:31 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

I understand, I’m not getting to blogs quite as much as I was, and I’m not blogging as much either! Real life sometimes gets in the way, or leaves me feeling slightly uninspired.

On 23 June 2011 at 9:58 pm

c l o u d i a said,

Thank you for this! I may be a few days away from my blog, and you have made it less scary…

Aloha from Honolulu,

Comfort Spiral

On 24 June 2011 at 3:27 pm

whooooohoooooo, writing songs can be fun, fun, fun. And the peeps you make friends can be fun, fun, fun, fun too!!

But back to this comment.

JOEY, I LOVE your blog, and I miss it. Your posts are always fun, deep,serious,uplifting,inspiring, interesting, witty and artsy — often all in one post.

c l o u d i a — now I am feeling better too, at YOUR words. Much less scared about being so scarce either. Whew… Well, it’s summer after all!

Now I think a cup of tea would be nice.

Maybe even go crazy and do the dishes, for like the FOURTH time in a whole week!!!

xoxooxoxoxox

On 24 June 2011 at 8:07 pm

brian miller said,

i am glad you are there for the starfish, really. smiles. great pics jannie

On 24 June 2011 at 8:47 pm

G-Man said,

Jannie…..:-)

On 25 June 2011 at 12:04 am

Jannie, you keep in touch with everyone through telepathy and the love energy resonating int the heart. You need no internet. Much love right bakc at you!

On 25 June 2011 at 11:42 am

Dearest Brian, they are such loving and happy creatures, how can I not lend them a hand? :)

Dearest G-Man, and guess what?? After I post this, I’m gonna open my photo program and upload some recent pix, whooohooooo.

Dearest Liara, it’s such a joy each time you pop in. I shall make YOUR new sidebar button next. And I bet it’ll be so purdy! Something in seashell and mist, I think!!!! :)

xoxooxoxoxoxo

On 25 June 2011 at 4:00 pm

Heather said,

Those all sound like lovely things to be doing! yay!

On 26 June 2011 at 10:58 am

Jana said,

that was awesome! thanks for this. i’ll read it when i feel guilty about stuff i shouldn’t feel guilty about. life is for living! :)

On 26 June 2011 at 2:11 pm

Heather AND Jana, how funny you both are the last 2 comments, since I met both of you the same night, at my first Whip-In O.M. almost 2 weeks ago.

Planning on Hill’s Cafe this Tuesday, I think. I’ll let you both know in e-mail after Mardi and I see if Tracy is going.

Anyway…

Hi Heather, I am aware of these days of working on music as much as, and hopefully more than on blogging. But I do LOVE blogging, would love to gobble up all my peeps yummy, funny, interesting peeps 6 hours a day, but new songs do not get “studio ready” as much! :) Oh well, life is good whatever.

Hi Jana! And you might really really like this post of mine, more succinct on the subject. http://www.janniefunster.com/2011/04/26/we-all-know-a-poem/ And then you’ll feel even better about having fun all the time… Because should is an “S” word best flung like an old bra to the wind.

xooxoxoxox

On 26 June 2011 at 5:43 pm

Patricia said,

I am behind in writing too – I think it is just part of summer and keeping balance in life…

loved the joy in the pool with the mermaids! I went on a sailboat ride myself with my Danish company…my partner is on a 100 mile bike ride….re-creation is vital too

On 27 June 2011 at 6:29 am

K said,

I love it. I often go on bloggyvacations – and it’s not because I don’t love y’all.

Love the photos by the way!

On 27 June 2011 at 9:12 am

Patricia, you crossed my mind a little after you must’ve left this. I was thinking about how I’ll give you the very best passes to my show when I play the Olympia Dome. And I’ll make sure you feast on the finest of foods you are then into. I’ll also get a foot massager for you in the Green Room, and someone to fluff up your hair shouldst you so desire.

But all true! Ah, behind. Or ahead? Or just in this one sweet moment? :) A sailboat ride sounds mighty fine indeed. You had company from Denmark? Or you are now working for a company based there? I actually thought the former first, but flashed on the other idea, and am leaning towards it. And if so, did your Danish company arrive with cute little white hats on their heads, with much flour and such on them, from making Danishes all day long? :) Recreation is vital, yes. especially this time of year with all nature calling out for us to lose ourselves in the warmth and green glory.

Hi Dear K, yes, I can imagine you’ve got plenty to do outside the bloggy world with two young kids, and all the wonders of summer to enjoy. A lot of bloggers seem to be not around so much. And time just flies in the summer. Yes, the pix are cool, eh? I wonder if they would be any better with my good camera.

xoxooxoxoxo

xooxox

On 27 June 2011 at 11:18 pm

Blogging has this way of sucking us in, doesn’t it? I’m just glad every time I see you come by.

On 28 June 2011 at 9:11 am

sheila said,

Outdoor SALTwater pool? WOW! COol! Great shots! DOn’t their eyes get stingy from the salt?

On 28 June 2011 at 11:37 am

Chris Edgar said,

Thanks for this insight into the psyches and aspirations of starfish. I always pass them by and ask myself who they are — and, like you explained here, just like everybody else, they come from near and far.

On 29 June 2011 at 9:35 pm

I found my pick!
    It was in a plastic grocery bag with food from work in it in the kitchen! How’d it get there?
    I must’ve had it in my hand when moving stuff around n dropped it in when getting food out- maybe. I had been on the phone a bit which rang while playing a song.
    I don’t use picks alot, mostly finger pick. Last week was Cat Stevens week- I know so many! This week BBsitting (why here now)

On 30 June 2011 at 9:53 pm

secret agent woman said,

Hmph. I’m sure it’s the buffer blogging buddy.

On 4 July 2011 at 12:09 am

Davina Haisell said,

Awesome photos, Jannie. And, a very cute poem. It sounds to me that you are out living your life. That is a good thing! Enjoy every minute :)

On 6 July 2011 at 2:08 pm

Jeanne said,

I haven’t blog commented in weeks. Today, I am up to my 4th blog comment. I still haven’t managed to write a blog post and people are probably starting to think I abandoned my own blog. I just haven’t had time to write a post. So, how special are YOU that I am leaving comment number two for you? Pretty darn special, Queen AK (aka ass kicker, per previous blog comment)! 😉

Jeanne

On 7 July 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh, my goodness — have I been MIA from this post — or what???

I have read all your wonderful comments. Thank you so much.

I’m having a bit of a wild summer I guess, wish I were devoting more time to blogging, but it’s really hard with Kelly off school and not in camps.

You are all awesome!!

I hope you are all well.

Snaggle, glad you found your pick!!

xooxox