The Day She Figured Out Her Camera’s Timer

Bra Flinging, Photography | Posted by Jannie on 29 November 2011 @ 5:55 AM 52 Comments

The neighbors still rave about

how she shook her maracas.

How she flung peas into the trees.

Then her blue bra over the roof.

She still had not quite mastered

her Kodak’s indoor light settings…

but, by golly — Thanksgiving 2011,

the day she learned which camera

button to press, and how to run like

heck into position — sweet potatoes

everywhere did a happy fandango.

~~  end of amazingly deep poem for dVerse Open Link Tuesday.

Photos 1 & 2 taken with timer set for 10 seconds.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving if you celebrated.

And if you ever roast a turkey, I hope you have a helper this cute…

Posted with love by Jannie

And yes, ZenSational Sheila — that IS YOUR basket on our kitchen windowsill!! I keep my tea bags in it.

On 1 December 2011 at 8:00 pm

J.D. Meier said,

The power of Jannie in action … making meaning and magic out of every moment. Well done.

On 1 December 2011 at 10:13 pm

G-Man said,

I fed 3 people as well.
    And it was STILL Thanksgiving wasn’t it?

On 2 December 2011 at 1:50 am

Caity said,

Haha Jannie you are too cute! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

On 2 December 2011 at 7:58 am

Dearest Rosemary, thanks! I think it shall change my life forever. Was hoping to pake a pic of Kelly and me with our guitars out by the rose bush, but it’s supposed to rain all day. BUT… rain is great after this prolonged drought.

Dearest Sheila, yep The Kelly Belle is shooting up a lot this year. Must be all that public school cafeteria cooking. :) She’s still very petite for her age, tho. Wants to take ballet again, not that you asked but… :) And cheer, in addition to her gymnastics. What a kid!! Yay, someone else who can’t spell, like me. :) Well, it’s only half your basket so I can see why you missed it. Yep, I drink Traditional Medicinals, love they’re individually packaged, and I keep them in there! Nice and handy to the mugs and microwave. And Sheila, I’ve never had my eyes checked — they’ve always been blue!!!! Grooooooaaaannnn. :) :)

And there is dearest j.D. with alliteration to beat the band. And I hear the band is pretty hard to beat!! :) Always a treat to see you, J.D.

And speaking of treats…. there is G-Man. I suppose it’s always thanksgiving in our hearts. And will forever be in this post which millions and millions shall read today! :)

And there’s another treat — Caity-kins. Oh shoot, I am TOO cute!! Well, I best be a-toning that down. I’ll skip the mascara next time. :) :)

On 2 December 2011 at 10:14 am

Aimee said,

Happy Belated (USA) Thanksgiving! :) That pic with you and the turkey is very Martha-Stewart-esque. Next you’ll have to post how-to pictures of you folding fitted sheets or piping cupcakes. Just don’t end up in prison, OK?

On 2 December 2011 at 1:01 pm

Ah-ha!! Miss Aimee. You know, I commented a few times on Martha’s blog. Maybe 3 years ago. Nice pix over on her site. I imagine she reads me daily. :) :) Ahh, prison — adoided it so far some how!! :) :) I know — amazing. :) Folding fitted sheets — yes, I could show you that. Piping cupcakes. Quite possibly. :) For sure — how to tie an eyeglass leg back on with a twist tie wire. :) but hey — doesn’t EVERYBODY know how to do the latter??

Now….. off to find my pic of 3 pecan trees on a sun-backlit hill.

Then…… put on a little make-up, make-up (make sure they get your good side, good side.) Be QUIET, who was that Billy Idol? :)

Anyway — big run to the P.O. today. Then for some natural sodas, blue corn chips and well… that’s about all I can afford today. :) I do already have watermelon, yummy burgers and buns, ketchup, organic sweet relish and a bit of cheddar. Will get some more cheap cheddar if I still have some bucks left. :)

Gonna wear my lucky blue hat. Cute, but able to turn down the brim to shade my delicate complexion. And makes me appear quite wonderfully spy-like in the process.

Oh, and I think BB sees a squirrel for the top of his ladder, so there’ll be photoshopping to do too today. But that will most likely have to wait until Kelly’s here with her friends after school.

And other stuff that will unfold in laughter today. Fun I’m sure!

On 2 December 2011 at 6:07 pm

I take it maraca shaking is an everyday occurrence in your household.

That is a very cute assistant. Love her hair brushed over like that.

On 2 December 2011 at 6:24 pm

Pretty-much, Dear Alice Audrey!!! In fact, Kelly has 2 girls from her class her now. They worked on a school project, and ended up making it a song! Elizabeth on guitar, which she can really play — at 10 – Kara on bells and Kelly on maracas, said ones in photo.

Yes, Kelly’s growing out her bangs, and it was a last-second swoop by me to get it off her face for the photo. Do I freaking rock on occasion, or what??!!!

Love you, Girl! Been thinking about you!

Now, to put up a new post. I think. :)

On 3 December 2011 at 10:44 am

Yeah, I could tell it’s Kelly, though she sure has changed since the pictures of her broken arm. (I’m never going to be able to get that out of my head.)

Hey, sounds like they were responding to your fine musical influence.

On 4 December 2011 at 2:50 pm

Caty said,

So much fun!! Those camera timers can be tricky 😉

On 5 December 2011 at 11:54 am

Heather said,

Ha! This is fantastic! What a great capture of your family, methinks not only photographically but energetically as well! 😀

On 6 December 2011 at 6:22 am

Oh, hi — 3 ladies!!

Yes, And let’s hope, Alice Audrey, Kelly keep any more broken bones at bay!! :) Wow, it’s been a whole, like 18 months since her last one!!!

Hi Caty — awesome to see you again. Yes, and my next camera will be an even better one. One day! But considering I had only my iPhone before this Kodak Z981, I’m laffin’ now!!!

HEATHER, MY DEAREST!!!!!!! Whooohoooooo. SO great to see YOU!!! Yep, fun energy. And if this rain ever stops, I’ll get me and Kelly out for that photoshoot with our guitars.

THANK YOU, all!!!!