At The Museum

Poetry, Seriously Weird, Style & Stuff | Posted by Jannie on 17 March 2012 @ 12:51 PM 29 Comments

spaghetti_bench

the crumbs falling
from your fork onto
the stolen artwork
in your underwear.

it was a great day.

spaghetti_bench2

Folks, do NOT ask me how my minds wanders to words like the above! I have NO IDEA either!!

Happy St. Pat’s!!

st_pats_bunny

reinoso_3

I’ll put the Spaghetti Bench photo credits in later.

Kelly’s turn on this laptop now. We are down to 1, and sharing.

But that’s okay, I’ve got songs to practice on guitar now anyway.

Okay, the benches are wood by sculptor Pablo Reinoso.

On 17 March 2012 at 2:00 pm

brian miller said,

you got to watch with all that mind wandering it may leak out and the next thing you know your bench is starting to climb the wall…smiles…..

love going to the museum….

On 17 March 2012 at 2:21 pm

susan said,

Hi Jannie! Wow, what a bench! Isn’t it kind of a metaphor for our minds? We can be straight and doing what we are supposed to until that moment that (in my case) Monkey Mind comes to play – and it all goes nuts!
    Hugs
    SuZen

On 17 March 2012 at 4:22 pm

Heaven said,

Very nice pictures…that must have been some day at the museum ~

On 18 March 2012 at 1:34 am

LL Cool Joe said,

That bench is incredible, I love it! I could do with one of those here.

Not sure how I’d cope if we were all sharing one laptop!

On 18 March 2012 at 1:44 am

What nifty cool bench sculptures! The out-growths remind me of trees n vines. Wonder how the artist did that, (clay, plastic?)
    n if the forms are all wood n water stretched… I’ve done that- alot of work getting oak to bend… I made some ornamental wooden drums awhile back- n also bent wood to make my “Sailing in a hurricane” piece, which is a whirly-gig thing. Really tho, I’d like to make it huge out of steel, but it would be dangerous! I love having time to work on that stuff- it’s been too long.

How do you think of this stuff? Oh you don’t have to explain if I don’t either!

Happy St Pats Day 2 U 2!

On 18 March 2012 at 2:13 am

Hi Jannie .. that spaghetti bench is amazing isn’t it .. gosh what a piece of art to wonder at ..

Re metric systems – we changed about 40 years ago to metric. I did ask my uncle and he explained (except I’ve forgotten, which I have to say frustrates me!) why the imperial (12) system is in fact better – the metric may appear easier, but in the scheme of things the imperial 12 works more easily across all disciplines – and we have the 12 hour day, 12 months etc that have been around a lot longer than the decimal system.

Cheers … from me via the tube … Hardwick sends a Spring like wake up call – on our Mothering Sunday … we have daffodils, anemones, narcissi and rainbow tulips brightening up my Mama’s room … Happy English Mothering Sunday .. Hilree xoxox

On 18 March 2012 at 6:34 am

Love that bench and I like the way your mind works. Happy Sunday morning, Jannie Muffin. xo

On 18 March 2012 at 8:07 am

I love going to museums. The art gives me new things to think about, and so does your poetry. Always love to read your perspective, Jannie. :)

On 18 March 2012 at 10:25 am

Brian! I think my brain and I are due for a trip to a museum, the NY Met would be nice, think I’ll timetravel there after I post this.

Susan! My former bandmate Tracy Funster wrote and recorded a song called “Monkey Mind.” It’s a great tune!

Heaven! And that was just the start of it. :) We got kicked out of the museum. JK, JK! :)

LLCoolJoe! I read it takes him about 2 months to make one of those, all wood. He glues in the roundy bits. I bet you could make some fine ones too!

Snaggle! Yes, wood, the round bits glued. And I did edit in a couple of links, as you can see. I’d love to see your sailing in a hurricane.

Hilary! In Cananda we went metric but we still measure our bodies in inches and pounds. And I know you guys weigh in stones? I think some of you still do? Oh, those spring flowers sound GORGEOUS!!

Lynn! Isn’t that bench TOO cool?? And I found and edited in the 3rd one. Really eye-catchingly whimsical and awesome.

Daisy! Thanks. I’ve been trying to reel my mind in a bit but it keeps on getting “out there.” :) Always a joy to see you!!

now… more coffee I think.

On 18 March 2012 at 11:39 am

sheila said,

Wild benches! Cool post!

On 18 March 2012 at 4:15 pm

k and barks said,

hahahahaha… love the benches

On 18 March 2012 at 8:40 pm

Margaret said,

It is a crazy bench…I think I ‘d be afraid to sit in it! …and she stole a painting and put it in her underpants– ha ha . (I won’t ask HOW you came up with this :)

On 19 March 2012 at 12:15 am

kaykuala said,

Artistic benches, Jannie! I suppose these are not really meant for sitting. If made of wood, then it would involve a lot bendings and pullings!

Hank

On 19 March 2012 at 5:28 am

Daydreamertoo said,

Sometimes I see modern art and cringe at what others think is good art but, these benches are very creative. Loved the bit about stealing a piece of art work and dropping cake crumbs onto it.
    Have a great day Jannie

On 19 March 2012 at 5:48 am

Catherine said,

Those are very cool benches! Why didn’t the United States go metric I wonder? I don’t know how big 18 x 24 inches is! LOL!
    Hugs from Canada! :)
    Catherine

On 19 March 2012 at 7:00 am

Dr. J said,

I love art museums, especially ones with more modern works.

Pablo is a good name for an artist :-)

On 19 March 2012 at 9:34 am

Hey kids!

What’s up?

Thanks for popping in, Sheila! Are you gonna make a bench like that?

K and Barks, hey! How you guys doing? Is it spring yet in Michigan??

Margaret! I know cool benches eh? Awesome what you find when you Google museum bench. Thanks for not asking how I came up with that. And it was actually a small budda statue she stole. :)

Hank! I am wondering if the museums have to keep chasing children away from those spaghettis? I know the guards at the Blanton here do watch our every move.

DayDreamer, In general I love modern art, but some I just do not get, nor does it make me feel anything. Those benches really catch my fancy, tho!

Catherine, in medicine I see they measure in mls and such, but by and large we’re still lbs, not kgs and inches, not cms. I think 18″ by 24″ would be 45cm by 60cm. I was born and raised in Canada, did you know that?

Dr. J.! I bet you have some awesome museums in your state. I see we have The Jones Center, where I’ve not been yet. Be good to check that out and take The Child.

Later, alligators!!

On 19 March 2012 at 8:29 pm

Patricia of Patricias Wisdom said,

Way neat…Thank you for pictures and words.

curvy

On 19 March 2012 at 8:44 pm

Heather said,

Wow, those benches are AMAZING. and I love the words you made to go with them. nice.

On 20 March 2012 at 6:48 am

Patricia! I think Zip would have fun running around in the floor spaghetti of the benches. Always great to see you. Thanks for popping in.

HEATHER!! Geez, the storm had me awake half the night, so I’m gonna have to nap today so I don’t fall asleep at Opa’s with you tonite! :) Well, just a few words that popped out of me!

On 20 March 2012 at 9:02 am

Talon said,

Cool photos and fun words, Jannie. I’m going to be looking at benches very carefully before I use them in future! :) xx

On 20 March 2012 at 10:17 am

But your wandering ramblings sound just like my regular conversations. Nothing strange so far as I can see.

I love those benches!

On 20 March 2012 at 11:09 am

AudreyHowitt (@AudreyHowitt) said,

I think I would love to go to the museum with you–eat cake too–and watch you watch others–I guess I love how your mind works–

On 20 March 2012 at 12:57 pm

Hey, Talon, you wouldn’t want to get any of those bench twigs entangled in you in anyway.

This is true, Alice Audrey, we are two wonderful weirdoes of a like kind — and I wouldn’t have us any other way.

Auudrey — we would have us a BALL at any museum, cafe, clothing store, etc, etc, we should happen to darken the doors of, i do believe!

On 20 March 2012 at 3:37 pm

MaryD said,

R…let down your golden…uhm bench? It would have been a very different fairy tale indeed. ~Mary

On 23 March 2012 at 10:32 am

Weirdos? Nah. We’re just creative. :)

On 23 March 2012 at 12:45 pm

Oh hi, Mary D! Thans for popping in. No lin to follow you home? :)

Yes, that IS it Alice Audrey. The nutshell of you and me.

xooxo

On 28 March 2012 at 8:35 am

Jo Mifflin said,

These are the scariest chairs I have ever seem, they look like they would wrap around you, then gobble me up :(
    xoxoxox

On 29 March 2012 at 4:37 pm

Jo!!! Let’s sit on one of these one day and get our pix taken!! And when we got hungry we could eat the chairs, hee, hee,hee, hee, hee.

xoxoxoxoxo