9 Things I Sold On eBay Lately, and 2 I Did Not

Photography | Posted by Jannie on 30 June 2012 @ 10:55 PM 31 Comments

free_kittenz

whooooohooooooo.

ebay_may_29_12 007

A real working vintage Pooh phone bought at a yard sale.

keen

Pre-owned sneaks. Worn by somebody very very cute in this post.

hello_ktty

I SO wanted to paint the Hello Kitties,

but onto the auction block they went.

froggie

A fish tank toady.

martial_arts_boppers

A sparring set, whooohoooo.

Showtime_Piano

Piano books that were lined perfectly in straight rows until…

kittens had their way with my arrangement.

curious_kitty_makes_the_sale

92-94_camry-lite

Sold the Camry tail light!

Kept KitKat.

Actually… in July I’m giving away a free kitten with each car part sold!!!

These 4 little cuties, now 8 weeks old! (6 weeks old in this photo with their mother, Mieshka…)

free_kittenz

But back to how I’m making millions on eBay!

A bug habitat that only ever housed one teeny little black frog…

tweber_bug_house

And another yard sale gem, kids’ golf clubs…

redzone_2

As to the 2 items I did not sell…

wilson_tennis_raquet

I ended the tennis raquet early to give it to a little boy who visited us.

AND…

I was going to list this yardsale windsock, but I thought how Mom would like it for her garden.

windsock_magic

Mailed it to her last week.

Hey, remember that old perfume jingle, “Your windsock stays on my mind?” Classic little ditty!

But wait — don’t worry. Jannie is not ALL work and no play with her new part-time day-job, plus all this eBaying.

Sometimes she lounges here…

jannie_at_the_pool_2012

They even have WiFi at the community pool so I can work on eBay there– how good is my life??!!!

Now, off to check on my latest auctions…..

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

On 1 July 2012 at 6:00 am

brian miller said,

nice…i would not mind lounging there right about now….score on the sales…you never know what people want…that pooh phone is cool….

On 1 July 2012 at 6:15 am

There you are – I have been wondering. :) I admire you for selling all that stuff – I have a hard time parting with things.

xo

On 1 July 2012 at 7:01 am

G B Miller said,

Cute kittens. I must have been out to lunch/dinner/breakfast when you’d explained about the kittens appearing in your humble abode.

On 1 July 2012 at 7:52 am

Hey Brian, we’re really lucky to live close to that spot. Great place for kids to run around all day with their friends. Good picnic spot. And margaritas welcome in non-glass containers!! And yes, it’s true, you NEVER know what people will buy. I am amazed. And happy!

Dearest Lynnie-Bo-Binnie, I know I’ve been so scarce in the blogosphere and I apologize for that. I HAVE been thinking about you, and am planning on being FIRST at your blog tomorrow morning, if I can. But… somebody will probably beat me to the punch. Oh well. :) Yes, I to have a hard time parting with things, but in this slow economy, I’d rather have the $$ than the stuuuuff!! Love you, Girl!

G, my one and only G, well — the whole kitten thing came on FAST. She was just a few weeks away from giving birth by the time I guessed she was with kittens. Preggers on her first heat, oy. Hey you guys NEED a second cat! Come on over to Funsterland and take your pick. Actually, I love them all, such sweet little things. The ebay stuff I can part with, but the kittens? That’ll be hard. Oh, here’s where they all made their debut on this blog… http://www.janniefunster.com/2012/05/05/whats-new-pussycat/

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxoox

On 1 July 2012 at 7:27 pm

Ravenblack said,

I’d take a kitten or two off you if I was near where you are. :)

And that’s a nice place for some R&R.

Cheers to you, Jannie. :)

On 2 July 2012 at 10:19 am

TheWeyrd1 said,

I have bought things on Ebay, but I have not sold things on Ebay. Conversely, I have sold things on Craigslist, but not bought things on Craigslist. Saturday, I sold my 2004 Subaru Legacy for my actual stated price! Of course, that was a reduction from what I originally was going to post and AFTER I spent over $500 fixing it up and repairing the dang AC hose that picked the wrong time to spring a leak. But hey, the originally posting price was higher so I’d get what I actually got…or close…heh! Although, I’ll miss certain things about my old car like its fabulous interior…sigh. Nevertheless, I think I’ll keep my day job and my PT business and forgo a career in online sales!

BTW…I’ll be moseying through Texas next week. First stop in Dallas for a board exam/conference and to visit my bro’s family. They moved for a job, so not visiting Austin anymore. Then driving the back roads way to see my mom in Kerrville. I’ll wave as I drive by!

On 2 July 2012 at 10:40 am

Linda said,

Glad to see you getting out and about again. Congrats on selling all that stuff. Cleaning out and making money – that’s a great combination. I’d love to be hanging out around that pool. It has been terribly hot around here. Have a great week!

On 2 July 2012 at 11:12 am

Talon said,

I’ll bring the iced tea and sunscreen and meet you there in ten minutes :)

On 2 July 2012 at 3:41 pm

Ahhhh, RavenBlack, I’m really really torn at the prospect of giving them away at all. I meant they were born IN THIS HOUSE! They’re a part of the family, valued and much loved, at that. I’d like to keep all, but I’m thinking 2 would be practical. My husband feels adopting them ALL out would be practical. We’ll see how it goes. 4Th of july we’ll take them in a big comfy box down to the Lake and see whose house needs a cat! Cats are so loving. And PRACTICAL! I like how if a roach gets in the house Mieshka will attack, destroy and lay her conquest on the mat beside our bed. :)

Weyrdie, ahhhhh, the Texas back roads sound very very good to me. We went to San Antone on some a few months ago and it was awesome to see the hill country unfold and roll before us. And love seeing those old small towns, such cute architecture, main street stone bulidings and such. So….. what kinda car ARE you buying?? A Honda CVCC, 1979, blue, 4-speed? :) :) Happy, safe and AIR CONDITIONED TRAVELS!!!

But you know what, cuties? I think I’m gonna butter 4 rolls, eat 2, take 2 to Kelly and mosey down to the library to bloghop where the computers are FASSSSSSST.

xooxoxoxoxoxoxox

On 2 July 2012 at 5:45 pm

Pat Hatt said,

Surely looks like a nice place to sit
    And with ebay you seem a hit
    Selling and selling some more
    Soon you’ll be a millionaire at your shore
    And the kitties are cute too
    For me though I draw the line at two at my zoo haha

On 2 July 2012 at 6:18 pm

Heaven said,

Congrats to you on selling those items ~ And that picture really looks cool ~

Happy day to you

On 2 July 2012 at 7:41 pm

Daydreamertoo said,

Phewww… such a busy bust bee you are. Your energy exhausts me LOL
    Glad you sold nearly everything … must make it all worthwhile.
    Loved the pics…the kitties are sooooo cute! Pool look really inviting :)

On 2 July 2012 at 8:33 pm

patricia said,

Oh what fun…
    I had the hardest time giving kittens away – so I had to put a stop to increasing the population! Our 20 year old cat left us when the last child went to college, I was ready to be done. I still had 2 dogs to care for for 6 years after their child left.

I just sold a kayak, 2 dressers, a curio cabinet, and my grandmother’s sewing chair on Craig’s list…no postage and I survived…though I think I offered too low prices on everything but the chair and the kayak. All these marketing classes and I still do not do it right.

I gave away my guitar to a kiddo because she just wanted it so badly, I could not play it well. She came by about Mother’s Day and wow can she play – classical on a folk guitar I think it went to the right owner.

Glad to see you are getting some pool time too…Yay for you

always the positive spirit you are…wishing I could find a part time job…oh well, volunteering with the schools is vital for those children

On 2 July 2012 at 10:19 pm

claudia said,

smiles…happy auctioning and the community looks great…ah..would love to go for a swim there now…and oh the kittens..they’re supercute..

On 2 July 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hi Dear Linda — I KNOW! I spent a whole TWO hours solid this afternoon out reading and commenting on blogs, whoooohoooo, felt so good to catch up with so many of you. Yes, mostly yard sale finds, but a few of Kelly’s things cleared out. And the $$ is all adding up, TG, because we sure can use the bucks these days. I’d LOVE you to be at that pool with us sometime! Sun, or shade — take your pick. I like the shade. I heard about your heat, hope it abates for you soon.

Talon, my dearest, it will have to be some kind of sunscreen that doesn’t contain whatever has been making me break out the past year, up until a couple months ago when I figured out it was the sunscreen making me break out. And that pool is actually nice and cool, due to a cooling system that doesn’t use any energy.

Pat, my Dear BlueNoser, yep — that’s me, Jannie the millionaire! :) Well, I’m a hundredaire now!!! If we kept all the kittens that would make us a 6 cat, 2-dog, 2 parakeet family, yikes. We’ll see how it goes Wednesday when we take the little ones down to the park and advertise them as “Local, Organic Felines for the taking.”

Thanks Dear Heaven, I do feel all happy when I check my auctions and they’ve gone from red to green. With the major change in my husband’s job, I have to work as much as I can to help make ends meet. But, hopefully it will all work out! And eBay is so much FUN! I think I was made for it. : I’ve always loved sending parcels, such promise and allure in all those boxes that ship. It’s fun to give people what they want while getting what I want. Win-win, for sure!

DayDreamer — well, you’ve heard about necessity being the mother of invention, right? Well, I have too, but I think I’ve only in the past few months realized what it truly means. With my husband having to go work for someone else now, I am pitching in as I can. Some auctions actually have not sold, but I keep trying. You just never know what people are looking for. Wish I had more time for blogging and songwriting, but that will pick up again. I do write songs in my car a lot, tho. Many new tunes developing beautifully that way. Hoping to get back out to some open mikes again soon to keep working towards my 60-minute set. Maybe not until school starts up again, but I’ll get there!

Hey, Dear Patricia, I KNOW, I had no idea I’d fall in love with those little fluffballs. I planned not to, but it happened anyway. hard not to have kittens at least once during Kelly’s childhood. Any we keep will have to be spayed or neutered, of course, as will the mother very soon. Awesome on your Craigslist sales! Good on ya, Mate as the Aussies say. That ought keep Zip in kibble for a while. :) I agree on the volunteering with the children. Sometimes the best kinds of gifts and energy given are the intangible kind. yep, with all the financial stuff that’s happened with us personally the past 2 years, and the past year especially, it is not always easy to remain chipper, but in my heart I know worry does not do me(and never has)one teeny little bit of good! I admire your spirit too.

And there’s Dear Claudia, yep, yep, yep, should you find yourself in Austin in the summer (which would be a crazy idea,) compared to much cooler Germany, let’s take some dips in the pool. And the cold lake is right over on the other side of those trees, refreshing and then some.
    soooo sleepy!

Nite, all

xooxoxoxoxoxoox

On 3 July 2012 at 9:18 am

Jill said,

Well…you had quite a few treasures!

I am a SUCKER for kittens! DARLING!

On 3 July 2012 at 9:41 am

Dr. J said,

i love Winnie the Pooh!! There’s even a book “The Zen of Pooh!”

Don’t you like the names of tennis rackets? I had a Head Intelligence racket. When I used that, at least something was intelligent on the court :-)

On 3 July 2012 at 12:59 pm

Fred said,

Lots of neat stuff to ebay there Jannie. I’ve only auctioned one thing on E-Bay, a phone i had, it sold for much more than i thought it would, but I was a bit upset that ebay took 9% fee on the shipping, as I only charged what it actually cost so lost out a bit on there. Beside that, it was really easy. Those cats are too cute…Not so sure about the buy an auto part get a kitten deal, definitely unique, hopefully you have enough to give away lol Glad to see things are going well

On 3 July 2012 at 2:51 pm

I’ve bought all kinds of things from eBay, but I’ve never bought before. That’s about to change I think. And it all has to do with a swimming pool with a hot spot – thought it’s not much like that pool. Except maybe fore the palm tree.

On 3 July 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hey, Jill, Dearest! One woman’s trash is….. you got it — someone else’s treasure. :) You know, this is my first time having a litter of kittens in the house since I was My daughter’s age! Long time, since I was 10 –38 years, to be exact. It’s wonderful from the perspective of a caretaker seeing them develop, and watching how great the mama cat is with them. And MAN, I mean of course, GIRRRRL, I totally get the “sucker” for kittens sentiment. What amazing animals. Precious little angels.

Dr. J. ! Dearest The Zen Of Winnie The Pooh, now THAT sounds like a good one. Anything zen works for me. I’m gonna have to Google that one. And I will. Nope, I had NO idea of tennis raquets, whatsoever. Head Intelligence? New to me. Ahhhh, you humble thing, you give intelligence a new depth.

Hey Dearest Fred, yes, eBay’s seller’s fees can really add up. Mine are like 12 to 15 % if you include the PayPal charge too. Now they charge the seller the fee on shipping too, because some bad apples had to spoil the barrel by putting the item price low and the shipping high to cheat the system. So it’s fairer with the across-the-board fees now. Still, eBay is way cool, I think. Just wish I had even a teeny tiny bit of stock in it I’d bought long long ago. Actually, I don’t even know if eBay is public.

Hey Dearest Alice Audrey, so you are fixin’ to sell some stuff? (Notice your little mind-glitch in your comment.) So…. you are in need of some swimming pool accoutrement, I am thinking?

Off to Google The Zen of Pooh now…

xooxoxoxxo

On 4 July 2012 at 12:54 am

Chris Edgar said,

Mieshka had kids? I’ve been missing out on a lot of the feline daytime drama that goes on at Funster HQ for sure! I’m almost as surprised about this fact as I am about the fact that Hello Kitty produced Paint-Its. In my opinion it’s a crass commercialization of Hello Kitty’s artistic mission and only works in a Warhol-like ironic way.

On 4 July 2012 at 4:07 am

Hope you’re making somw bux there on Ebay with all the stuff!

What? 8 week-old kitterns n you didn’t blog it earlier? YIKES I missed it on the “whats-new-pussycat?” post?? Must’ve been messed up piter week here-
    Looks like Meishka n KitKat are getting along better than we’d imagined… The kits are cute, but I bet they seriously cut into Meishka’s bird-watching time!

I’m pretty sure that was “Windsong.” I’d bought some decades ago before I became deathly allergic to perfume.

Happy 4th of July to you n your family! Enjoy that pool!

On 4 July 2012 at 9:28 am

ayala said,

Good job on all the sales :) I hope you sell it all :)
    Happy 4th :)
    and happy lounging around the pool…you earned it. xoxo

On 4 July 2012 at 10:25 am

LL Cool Joe said,

Blimey you are doing better than me on ebay! I sell stuff too, but nothing as exciting as your stuff! Well done!

On 4 July 2012 at 4:34 pm

Chris, yes, indeed. Mieshka gave birth to 4 healthy babies 2 months ago today. Much feline drama yes, and many tears from Kelly and me last night as we discussed adopting out the little ones. I think we found homes for 2 of them today. And I want to keep 2! Maybe we will. I just found out about free spaying and shots, so that’s great news. LOL on Hello Kitty Warhol.

SNAGGLE! Windsong, windsong! That was it. Not windsock. :) Well, we are all busy and keeping up with every detail of every blogger’s life and times would be a mean feat. KitKat stays outside mostly now anyway, he loves the summer. And cools off in his lair under the shed. Yes, he’s actually accepted Mieshka now, after 1 year. And is warming up to the kittens.

Hey, Ayala, thanks. Yes, I did sell all those!!!!! And more. I am lucky my parents fronted me some money for aquisitions. We’ve had some economic challenges this past year, to say the least, so I am working a lot of hours. But — work is actually pretty fun if you let it be!

LL Cool Joe! I am totally going to have to get some pix of my eBay HQ, a corner of a room quite nicely organized, if I do say so myself! I remember you posting a pic of your eBay emporium that time. Oh really — you think my stuff is exciting??! Yes, I DO lead an incredibly exciting life!! :) Good-used tennis shoes and a froggie that landed $3.00! :)

xooxoxoxoxoxo

On 7 July 2012 at 5:18 pm

No matter what happens, you always make the most of where you are. What you do matters less than how you feel about it. Your stories echo your inner joy. Thanks for opening your heart to the world and offering a window into the soul.

On 10 July 2012 at 11:16 pm

TheWeyrd1 said,

Well, I bought a 2012 Subaru Impreza sedan. Dark Gray. I might rue the color choice at some point due to the ash in the air in Colorado from all the fires. It just looks bad on my car after the sprinklers go off and leave polka dots.

I’m in Dallas for a week now (conference and family)…until Friday or Saturday. Then down to Kerrville to see my mom via Lampasas to see friends. Then after about 4 days with my mom, I’ll head back to Colorado…possibly by way of Roswell, NM to see some aliens!

On 13 July 2012 at 5:32 pm

Oooooo, Liara — what you do matters less than how you feel about it. I LOVE that!! That will be my mantra after I post this. THANK YOU!!!! Thanks for opening your heart, which I think never closes. Liara’s heart Open 24-7-365!!! :) :)

Wyrdie — I hear the Roswell aliens are simply DIVINE this time of year!!! Have fun with them. :) Impreza — impressive!

xooxoxoxxoxoxoox

On 13 July 2012 at 6:23 pm

Margaret said,

…Hello Kitty Paint Its? ha ha …oh, that brings back memories. I was sold on the kitty cats on the foot stool… so adorable! I haven’t been here for a while. Glad to see you are still smiling and enjoying life! (and no, I already have two cats :)

On 15 July 2012 at 11:38 am

Hey, Dearest Margaret. how did you know I’ve been thinking about YOU???!!!!!

Yeah, what a great capture of all 5 of those sweeties on the footstool. Getting the mama spayed this coming Wednesday. Glad now she gave us those 4 babies — what a wonderful experience. Alas for us, 2 are going to be adopted out this week. But yay, for the kids who get to have Clue-Clue and Mooshoo for pets.

xooxoxoxoxxo

On 25 August 2012 at 6:35 pm

12 Random Things I’ve Said Out Loud To Myself Lately | Jannie Funster said,

[…] 12. I need to cut my finger nails. (I said about 2 hours ago as I attempted the open E-Chord on my lovely guitar.) […]