Introducing….. The FREE Daily Photo Plan

Blogging, Photography | Posted by Jannie on 5 August 2012 @ 10:15 AM 39 Comments

Edit on Saturday June 21st, 2014….. I no longer do the Free Daily Photo. :)

xooxoxoxooxoxoxo
poolside_handstands_2012

Hey, guys — you know how you all are so AWESOME and such?

And how with my family’s recent financial “downsizing,” I’m actually WORKING for $$$ instead of drinking wine up in my tree all day? :)

And my available blog posting and hopping time is slimmer than of yore?

Well… how ’bout a FREE Daily Photo as a gift to you! It’s the least I can do, since I take pix daily anyway!

flower_patch_sans_hydrant

I’ll still be posting here, but ‘tween times you can access some daily Funsterment via that “subtle” yellow button up over My Big Eye at top of this site.

Hopefully that page will eventually be a blog-within-a-blog where you can leave comments. We’ll see how it goes!

And if I ever miss a day, please don’t worry — I might just be up in that tree!!!

13_postcards

And how ’bout these photos I took yesterday with my iPhone!

(That table shot will make more sense when you click the FREE Daily Photo Link.)

(Kelly’s the hand-stand girl wearing pink in the poolside photo.)

And see the fire hydrant below? Was is near the flower patch above?? Nope! :)

oh_no_theres_a_fire_hydrant_in_my_soup

With LOVE, from Jannie-Bo-Bannie of the eBaying hills.

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

On 5 August 2012 at 10:29 am

brian miller said,

i feel you a bit on the downsizing…i need to spend some time this week finding a new job…eeekk….smiles….that first pic looks like a lot of fun jannie…best to you and your fam!

On 5 August 2012 at 4:17 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

‘Tis not quite the Jannie to which I’ve grown accustomed; yet a daily Jannie snap hits the spot well enough 😉

Miss your posts, Miss Jannie of Texas!!!

Cheers from la belle plage du Californie

On 5 August 2012 at 4:32 pm

G B Miller said,

Tweaking the blog is always a good thing. 😀

On 5 August 2012 at 4:50 pm

WOW, Brian, I did not know you were looking for a new job. I’m sure you’ll make the right door open when the time is right, and you’ll find yourself on even better shores than you ever dreamed. Patience and Faith. And FUN!!

Dearest Jennifer, given as to how my blogging has fallen off the past couple-few months, you’ve had to grow accustomed to less of me — so I want to perk that up. And I’ll try to get some AWESOME fun pix that speak 10,000 words each!! :) Love you, Sweetie!

G — Dearest G, who has been with me since virtually the git-go here for almost 4 years. You’ve seen a LOT of tweaks here along the way. Remember when my photos were only 500 pixels wide!!! O.M.G. How did I ever SURVIVE those days??? :) :) Anyway, yes, tweaking, betterment, change on the blog, and new shoes IRL are wonderful things!!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

On 5 August 2012 at 5:01 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

P.S. Digging those red Via Spigas … maybe I shall buy myself a wee bday gift, with a spark of Jannie history to them? 😀 They would have a beautiful new home!! Hmmm.

On 5 August 2012 at 5:04 pm

JSD — if that auction does not sell I’ll send YOU them! Heck, why don’t I end the auction early, if I can, and make them YOURS??

ARE they your size???

xoxoxoxooxxoxo

On 5 August 2012 at 6:31 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

You’re a doll! I want to support your business, though, too. Yes, they are my size: anything from a 6.5 to an 8.5 … depending on how awesome they are 😀 Email me.

On 5 August 2012 at 8:19 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

Bought ’em 😀
    Sweetness! I shall wear them with love, often and give them a lovely home, as lovely as that from whence they came. I have told all the other shoesies to expect new residents: jazz heels, to boot! My beaded skirts are already shimmying and dancing on the rack!

TTFN :)

On 5 August 2012 at 8:46 pm

JSD — you are TOO MUCH!! Miss Jannie will be enclosing a little something extra in that parcel, you can bet your cute little California caboose on that!! I actually thought of you when I was doing up that auction!!!! Shipping tomorrow about 3:00 p.m. 1:00 yours, of course.

I thank you VERY much for supporting my biz and OWE you something sweet.

oxoxoxoxoo

On 5 August 2012 at 8:48 pm

What? You don’t think the fire hydrant adds a certain impish charm? I’ll admit the Photoshopped version looks more professional.

On 5 August 2012 at 9:10 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

I’m just happy to have a little bit o’ Jannie here at the beach. I shall call them, Sadie.
    Ta!

On 5 August 2012 at 9:38 pm

Ravenblack said,

Mmm Corn chips and dip. And coffee. :)

Love the pool pic — such fun.

Shall check out your daily pics for cat pics. (I like cats.) Cheers to you Jannie and thanks for dropping by my blog. I’ll be taking a break from that for a while.

On 6 August 2012 at 12:15 am

Everything has perfect timing. You always do enough. Being yourself is doing what feels right without feeling like you should be doing anything else. Love.

On 6 August 2012 at 7:43 am

I always enjoy your photos, Jannie. I love the one of the kitty resting on top of the bowl and mats. haha! I know how hard it is to blog and work. It’s something I struggle with too. I hope you have a lovely week ahead. :)

On 6 August 2012 at 9:13 am

gdk3 said,

Haha I Think I just figured it out Jannie.

On 6 August 2012 at 10:25 am

gdk3 said,

This blog is the coolest Jannie. Wish I could express myself half as good as you.

On 6 August 2012 at 11:08 am

ALICE AUDREY DEAREST, ever since my 2nd grade teacher ( actually it was Grade TWO — Canadian, eh…) wrote on my report card I was rather “impish” YES, she actually did, I’ve tried to remove all impishness from my life. :) i guess we could call that photoshopping “anal” and not be far off the mark. :)

JSD DEAREST, Sadie, eh?? :) And what is the significance of that?? Will you wear them on your bicycle? And off to the side on a white horse trotting the dunes? Perchance to the opera in a beaded dress whilst resplendant in fire engine red lipstick?

RAVENBLACK, Dearest, well….. the 3-hour pool party Kelly was at was about 25 mins from our house, so I didn’t see spending all that gas $$ going all the way home, then back again, so I camped myself at that nearby cafe. Yes, just seemed like a coffee kind of a thing that afternoon, tho since then I have vowed to cut back on that. That was my 3rd cup that day. Just 12 oz today. Cat pix — yes, Lord knows I have enough of those critters to take pix of. Oy. :) I did order a nice taco too. Enjoy your blog break, come back refreshed with wheelbarrows of freshly cut farm-fresh poems!!

That’s right , my DEAR LIARA, all is perfect timing. We are always enough and have enough as we are. Still, it’s fun to mix things up and give a smile a day with a pic. I take so many daily, it’ll be a 5-minute uploading adventure — 10 mins if I photoshop out impish fire hydrants. :) Yep, yep, yep, doing what feels right. Having fun — at work and play, all is play.

My Beautiful DEAR DAISY, I hear you on blogging and working. Yes, Primo gives me many Kodak moments, literally!! :) This week is shaping up to be great yes, I am heading to The Great Barrier Reef for a while this afternoon, popping off in Paris for dinner and plan to spend the night in Borneo. :) Where IS Borneo?? :)

DEAREST GDK3. You DID!!!! You figured it out. Some of these blog things can be tricky, but after a while are second nature. Well, you know that old Madonna song “Express Yourself”? I used to listen to it non-stop 24-7, and I guess it stuck in my brain and here I am — expressing me. I think my writing has gotten better since I started blogging. The more you do it — the better you get, I guess, if you pay attention to what works, and what to leave out — kind of like Bob Seeger sings in Against The Wind… what to leave in , what to leave out. I think that was part of that song. Maybe another of his.

Now, enough of THIS kind of fun, and onwards to eBay fun. To pack a delicate mantel clock, 2 speakers, and a pair of pristine red suede Via Spigas with a mystery suprise.

xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

On 6 August 2012 at 1:37 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

I feel some blog tweaking coming on too. I like your photo page. So I’m trying to work out if you use a sweetener or sugar? 😀

On 6 August 2012 at 1:54 pm

LL Coolest of the Joes, DEAREST… Real sugar for me, Baby!! even tho some say I’m sweet enough as I am. :) :) :) Yep, 2 creams, 1 sugar. And I just couldn’t BELIEVE what a beautiful mug I was able to drink out of. You know… the 2nd year I taught school I had mugs to match my outfits — yep! Color-coordination was my thing. Still is, a bit. :) Thank you on the photo page. I really really really hope I can make it so it’s an archived blog like The Pinoneer Woman has. I LOVE your blog — you are such a visual artiste, and of course, that appeals highly to my art hungry eyes. I think we art bloggers love to tweak, don’t we??!~ I used to buy new fancy clothes a lot, now I get that fix from my blog tweaking. And only have 2 pairs of shorts and 3 tees I wear. :)

xooxoxox

On 6 August 2012 at 3:19 pm

Dr. J said,

Is that Will Muschamp’s old home in Austin??

On 6 August 2012 at 4:39 pm

Colleen@LooseLeafNotes said,

A dip and a sip. It all looks good to me!

On 6 August 2012 at 5:18 pm

DR.J.DEAREST — you made me Google that name! (Not much of a football fan, am I.) I think that was actually the playhouse of 4000 sq feet Mr. Muschamp made for two sons, Jackson and Whit :) The main residence of 16,000 sq ft. is just down the hill. Just kidding, just kidding. I have no idea where he lived while here.

Dearest Colleen of Floyd Fame and Sunshine. And after the dip and sip I took a trip zippity-zip to go get my hair in a flip but did slip on a paint drip. Ended up with a rip in my hip. But I’m okay now!! It was all just a blip.

Okay, DISHES…. you’re number is up now. And you all know how I LOVE doing dishes, NOT. :)

xooxoxoxxo

On 8 August 2012 at 6:03 am

Hi Jannie – thinking of you and hope all goes well – I’ll be readjusting .. think I’ll not think too much til the Olympics is over! Only a few more days .. then I have lots to get on with … so pleased to see your daily photo link – so I’ll pop on over .. must learn about photos and the net – wish I was near you .. could learn with you…. see ya soon … big hugs and thoughts – Hilree and Hardwick – he’s an essential part of my life now! xoxoxoxo

On 8 August 2012 at 12:11 pm

Jennifer Susannah Devore said,

Sadie, and her bedeviling Bohemian bestie, Cameron, arrived at my sandy doorstep this morning!!! We all agree, you rock harder than the Red Hot Chili Peppers!! Now, the real quandary … de les deux, avec qui je prends le dejeuner d’anniversaire demain 😀 First-world problems, n’est-ce pas?

You’re an absolute doll and I’m so thrilled to have a little Jannie sur la plage!

Cheers,

Moi

On 8 August 2012 at 5:48 pm

Hilary!! THE DAILy PHOTO. Where’d I put my camera? I took one of me and Kalyani in her mirror this morning as she was singing her “Just A Word” and playing it on guitar. Hmmn, maybe I left it in the car. Must go check…. There got it. It’s a little bit warm. But I’m sure it’s fine. Only was out in that over for an hour. Kalyani is recording her songs again. So happy for her. 3rd time was the charm for her finding a great studio. It’s her new next-door neighbor! A dulpex made in heaven now. But anyway, enough of my wanderment. What do you want to learn about photos? taking your own you mean? I could make a video for you and post it on Youtube! :) Or, do a 12-photo post on how to do a photo shoot. :) love to you and Hardwick!

JSD!!!!!!!!!!!! I want you to know the blue pair fit me freaking divinely, and almost my color. Hope if you don’t wear them you’ll give them to someone who will!! Ahhh, the Redhot Chili Peppers, something in that guitar like pancake batter sizzling into a hot pan in the desert. :) With just a hint of railway crackle in the air. :) And you have a Jannie sur la PAGE!! :) :) Ici avec nous belles poupees, for YOU are a TOTAL absolute doll.

xoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

On 8 August 2012 at 10:33 pm

Great idea- Now on the fast machine at least! Pics are always fun-

I won’t even commit to everyday anything- Just too tired lately n keep falling asleep after work. Will go see some! (BBsitting tonight)

On 8 August 2012 at 10:36 pm

I hope your kittens stay cute awhile- n like guitar singing shot!
    I’m always a sneaky pic taker of backs n kids, but not in folks faces- they don’t like t.

On 9 August 2012 at 2:20 am

Hi Jannie – love the daily photo take of you and Kaylani .. I can imagine you laughing your way through – and lovely that you can both just be – together enjoying music, friendship … now those photos and ‘my mess’ on the laptop just needs a serious sort out – clearing up etc … I’ll get to it and ‘how to’ photos in all sorts of ways … it’ll be fine – now I can do things …

… we’re off to a sunny weekend – last one of the 2012 Olympics … so I’m going to enjoy a walk around the farm shop and getting some fresh fish in between blogging and Olympics etc … oh yes & get interrupted by the seagulls – who’ll be so upset at the intrusion of Airbourne this weekend – plane displays and aerobatics along the sea front …

Happy times – Hardwick and I will be here quietly doing what we can in between it all … big hugs to you and BB .. xoxoxoxoxo Hils

On 9 August 2012 at 3:49 am

kaykuala said,

It’s a lot of fun,a daily photo shoot! It gives a welcomed slant to the normal verses that we’re accustomed to. Great thinking, Jannie!

Hank

On 9 August 2012 at 4:44 am

How did I miss this? I have been a little scattered the last several days – lots going on (all good.) Love all the photos – I clicked over to the others, too. You have an enchanted life, Jannie Muffin.

Is that your house? Gorgeous.

On 9 August 2012 at 7:44 am

Hi Dear Snaggle. Yes, a daily anything can be hard to keep up with. But I’m doing so many pix for eBay and have the olde cam. out all the time — just bought 20 new batteries (rechargeable thing went kaput) so I’m ready to roll on today’s pix. Been doing a lot of kid stuff the past 2 days, my auctioning off has slid teeny a bit. But today will be a good day for getting things up, 10 auctions is my goal. Yes, kittens staying cute. And they’ll be cute cats. Hope you get lots of sleep. Oh, and until I get my comments sorted on the photo page, I’ll keep only the most recent 7 up to not clog up delicate computers.

Hilary — I have a bit of a laptop “mess” myself with pix.

Primo is making it very very hard to keep typing, so I’ll have to come back later!!

xooxox

On 9 August 2012 at 4:59 pm

Chris Edgar said,

I love the daily photo concept. Today’s selection looks to me like it was taken in Northern California, as it features many red-tile roofs, and those happen to be the only type of roofs permitted by local ordinance here in NorCal. The more adobe-like the roofs look, the deeper your tax break. I imagine having to constantly climb up and down the tree in order to eat and sleep (unless you slept in the tree) and buy more wine was probably becoming strenuous anyway. Anyway, love hearing from you again!

On 10 August 2012 at 10:39 am

You’ve removed your impishness?! No, no, no! That is not the way to go. Your impishness is part of your charm.

On 10 August 2012 at 11:21 am

G-Man said,

Janitra “E-bay” Funster…
    Somebody that I used to know.

On 11 August 2012 at 11:59 pm

Ahhhh, it’s almost midnight — where’s the chocolate!! :)

SNAGGLE! I always leave you hanging, don’t I? Like a fine bar of chocolate, you are worth waiting for. :) Good for you on the fast machine. I renewed my McAfee recently and it’s made my computer run so much faster. Mind you, it could be The Mozilla FireFox. Internet Explorer duds up my ‘puter. Hope you’re managing to catch up on some sleep. I know what you mean about not having enough time to keep up with stuff. I have a few poems written vocally into my iPhone, to transcribe. I think I’ll have tons of time to get posts up, then other things call and before I know it the FFF55s are long over or the Tuesday Open Link is a couple days past. Oh well, what we focus on matters. Nice of you to BBsit. Yep, kittens still cute, and will be cute cats too.

HILARY, HILARY, HILARY!!!!!!! Yo. Yep, always lots to talk about with Kalyani, as I’m sure you experience with your loved ones you connect with. I wonder where the 2016 Olympics are? And the 2020? I do love seagulls! We don’t get them here. Nothing like a gull’s cry. Like a loon’s. A bit like Paul Simon’s sound of the train in the distance, a sound to love. Ummm, sounds like a yummy weekend. Any clotted cream dishes on the plans? Yes, big love to Hardwick too. BB sends him a chocolate layer cake via the tube!! one he made himself. :)

Dearest Hank, well, we’ll have a crack at it, and see how the olde photo plan flies. So far, so good. :) Have not missed a day yet. Got it in a little late tonight, about 23:30, but it’s still TODAY and will be for another 6 minutes at this writing. Well, this page was actually my “Pre-Order 2nd CD page” but I like the thought of giving.

Dearest Lynn, well, since you’ve never missed commenting on a post of mine since we met, you’re allowed to be late once in a while. :) Yes, exciting news with you these days — cool! AWESOME on the house sale and the hummingbird feeder for the new residents. Nope, not our house. Just one in a neighborhood we visited. Yep, not too shabby-looking a shack. :)

Now….. I’m sooooo sleepy, will return.

xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

On 12 August 2012 at 1:20 am

Hiya Jannie .. poor seagulls – lots of swirling and whirling and utter distress in and around all the planes – they do make a racket! Rio – Brazil – in 2016 .. not sure they’ve decided on 2020 – next Olympics …. an chocolate cake will be wonderful when the tube gets here .. Hardwick and I will enjoy a goodly slice come tea time today … thankyou!! I’ve got the strawberries and would love clotted cream – but am staying away for now … so yoghurt and strawberries it shall be.

Last day – not sure what anyone will do next week! Enjoy Sunday .. and see you during the week .. Hilary xoxoxoxo

On 13 August 2012 at 9:53 am

Okay, so WHERE was I?

Oh yes…

Chris of the Extreme Edgarment! Howdy, ye in CA! I just ordered an iPhone gel case from CA for Kelly, a really nice lime green turtle colored one. Maybe it’s from You?? You do eBay on the side of your show tune writing and yoga fests? Anyhoo, fell out of the tree last night, but I’m okay now. Luckily no casts on my hands, so I can still type. Yes, they get a little “funny” about roofs here in certain neighborhoods too. And the height you can let your grass grow to — some tape measure cop-dude runs around 24 / 7 policing the depth of the Bermuda & San Augustine. :)

Alice Audrey, nope, I’ve had that impishness cranially and apparently soul implanted. Could never divest myself from it, alas. :)

G-Man, soon, my friend, soon. Had one all ready, but Life & eBay called yet again. You’re on my list, tho. :)

HILARY! Ooo, Rio, Jim was there, favorite place of his. Probably too hot for me, tho. Maybe in Halifax 2020? Probably not tho, unless they do Major major upgrades and build a second airport where there’s no fog. Good on you for avoiding the heavy creams. I like yoghurt too, I often substitute half my mayonnaise in say, tuna salad with non-fat plain yog. Yummy. Back to eBay now!! I’ve got a 1965 original “Bewitched” Samantha (Elizabeth Montgomery) barbie doll to put up, among other yard-sale treasures. (That would be a “boot” sale to you, I believe.)Be interesting to see what she fetches. And hoping she can wrinkle her nose and my dishes will soon magically be done! :)

xoxooxoxoxo

On 14 August 2012 at 7:29 pm

Well quit trying.

On 28 August 2012 at 3:17 pm

AA — okay, I HAVE!!! Thanks.

oxoxxoxo