Five Capodimontes — A Mothers’ Day Poem

Friends, Photography, Rooftop Yodeling | Posted by Jannie on 12 May 2013 @ 11:34 AM 14 Comments

capodimonte_afternoon

all_in_a_row

Five Capodimontes all in a row
soon to adventure by U.S.P.O.

Italian demitasses mailed far away
to five special ladies for this Mothers’ Day

One to my sister, four others to old friends
Two of whom are depicted here on the ends…

ein_klaren_dag

That’s Kelly’s Godmother in pajamas on the right
Kelly’s Godfather Mitchell does dazzle in white

Yes, Jim was then and still is so handsome
Quite the carpenter and man — can he dance some!

The littlest dude back then was just three
The shortest gal there — yep, that was me

A toast to the sunrise in North Caroline
Little Dude’s now eighteen and I forty-nine

Five Capodimontes, but a sixth’s on my shelf
Heck yeah, I kept one of those beauties myself!

Will six cups be reunited? I really can’t say.
But I’ll drink and think of those friends every day.

~~ end of poem.

5_demitasses_in_a_flower_patch

And should you ever like to partake in the pre-breakfast drinking ceremony called “Solar Oops,”

face the sun, put your right foot out, raise your glass in right hand and say…

“Solar oops, ein klaren dag.
annen hinnen mit bingen slag.
oop mitt merken, hanne pa berken.
alle sommen — skool!!”

(Or a reasonable facimile thereof.)

It’s Danish, I think?

It basically means “Life’s good. Let’s drink!”

And this just in… for Jannie this year
An iPad-made card from someone so dear!!

mothers_day_2013_by_kelly

All of you, you Mothers or not… blessings and much laughter today and always.

Love, Jannie

xooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox

On 12 May 2013 at 2:05 pm

Happy Mother’s day dear Jannie! I enjoyed your poem and photos. Drink a cup of tea for me! 😀

On 12 May 2013 at 3:01 pm

brian miller said,

ha. might have to give that solar oops a try…smiles…danish or otherwise sounds like the thng…and cool on those cups of love you are sending out…happy mothers day jannie!

On 13 May 2013 at 7:01 am

Hope your Mother’s Day was better than mine was at work.
    Your impatiens are so pretty with those nifty pic cups! Looks like you had fun doing a group act. Time sure flies. Blink n then they’re all grown n gone… Nice card looks like it was fun to make n alot of work, too!

On 13 May 2013 at 10:08 am

Linda said,

Lovely cups and a lovely poem. Happy belated Mother’s Day to you!

I love that little ditty at the end. Sounds like a great way to start one’s day! Have a great week.

On 13 May 2013 at 7:42 pm

Dear Esteemed Daisy — FIRST Commenter, whooohooooo. I am actually drinking a nice cup of Traditional Medicinals “Throat Coat” licorice tea WITH lemon and echinacea. Love they added in those 2 benefits. But not in my fancy Limoges gold-rimmed cup today. just straight from the microwave in my double-denim blue mug. :) Were you SPOILED on Mothers Day?? You better have been! You deserve it, you awesome lady you!!

Oh Brian — you’d be a NATURAL for Solar Oops!! Yes, sending out the cups of love, sending out the cups of love (sing to Sting’s… “sending out an S.O.S.” :) I was also singing other of his songs the other day. You know — he was an English teacher at one time. Yep!

but gootta run, will be back later. Sweety wants a walkin’ in “the hood. and it IS a GORGEOUS night.

will return.

oxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxo

On 14 May 2013 at 4:46 am

I hope you had a happy day on Sunday – I think you are the best mom ever! I like thinking of you carrying those teacups around. :) Love this post – so full of love and joy. xoxo

On 14 May 2013 at 5:17 pm

You had quite the Mother’s Day. My family told me ahead of time they were going to blow it off and did just as they said. *sigh*

On 16 May 2013 at 7:57 am

jo mifflin said,

😀 Hey baby cakes 😀

I love your poem ~ how lucky am I to know such a cool cat like you bananie?

I’ve started to make my own blog WHOOHOO I hear you shouting out loudly from the roof of your gorgeous home… I’ll send you the details & hopefully you can follow me also…
    Love you more than chocolate cake 😀
    xoxoxox

On 16 May 2013 at 1:58 pm

Thanks all you beauties. I’m heading to eBay for a while, but I’ll be back here sometime!!

xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxox

On 17 May 2013 at 3:18 am

Hi Jannie .. positively love the card Kellie made for you – that is so much fun .. lovely to see .. then the family pic – glorious mixture of people and clothing!

Fabulous capodimontes – and what a great idea .. and then remembrance in the future .. brilliante ..

Happy Mother’s day .. I know I’m late .. but I’m here! Big hugs from us lot here in little old England .. Hilree and the old boy, Hardwick! xoxoxoxo

On 17 May 2013 at 1:53 pm

Jannie loves YOU — and WILL be back here, she promises!!!!!!!

xooxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

On 25 May 2013 at 9:28 am

Jannie is back.

But Jannie is going to move the cat off the shipping box…

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

On 27 May 2013 at 11:31 am

ed p said,

whimsical and poignant. love your stuff, have missed it…

On 29 May 2013 at 10:01 pm

Ahhhh, thanks Lynn. I do have my shining mom moments. :)

Alice Audrey, forgive me for laughing at that. Last year Kelly pretty-much forgot, so this year I reminded her about daily all April and up to that date in May that Mothers Day was a-coming. Like my grandmother always did with her birhtday. God love her. She was a sweetie. And still is I’m sure.

Dearest Jo — totally want to know all about your new blog!!!!!! Please leave a link or email me the site name, whooohoooo.

HILREEEE!!!!!!!! Yes, I love the clothing mixture indeed — jammies to jeans to the sweater I was photographed all over Europe in. Seriously! I had my blue sweater too, pix of me in Dundee in that on that boat that was fetched up in the Antarctic ice for so long. “Mothering Sunday” where you are, right, as I recall? And so pleased to hear my sister LOVES her capodimonte. They really are little paintings you can hold in your hand. And actually drink out of!

Ed, thanks so much. This is just a weird quick one. :)

oxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxox