Hey, remember that day…

Flash Fiction 55, House Style, Photography, Poetry, The Parakeets | Posted by Jannie on 30 January 2014 @ 7:54 PM 26 Comments

motorcycle_Mouse

down snow sleds
to entertain two
parakeets who
couldn’t stop
laughing?

flash55

That would be YOUR 55 fictional words, G-Man!

xoxoxo to all.

7_i_like_it

(Parakeet winter afternoon hanging spot to keep me company.)

On 30 January 2014 at 8:04 pm

Mary said,

Ha, you have my mind coming and going here! I like the idea of poems flying over the ceiling fans. Smiles. And, hey, I used to have a parakeet when I was a kid.

On 30 January 2014 at 9:38 pm

Teresa said,

Love this! Those parakeets are always laughing at something.

On 30 January 2014 at 9:59 pm

G-Man said,

Well Janitra, you still know how to churn
    out touching little works of Art. You always
    make me so proud!
    Loved your nostalgic 55
    I miss you terribly.
    Great Pics
    Thanks for your love and support
    Have a Kick Ass Week-End

On 30 January 2014 at 10:05 pm

Margaret said,

wine bottles, smiles, steaming lattes, snow sleds… mice on motorcycles? Ha ha Only you could think of that and make it work! I adore your beautiful wood beams and light walls – the sculptural pieces really stand out! Beautiful!

On 30 January 2014 at 10:13 pm

You know, it’s those laughing parakeets that end up making people do really stupid stuff.

On 30 January 2014 at 10:27 pm

brian miller said,

ha. what a wild and crazy time that would be eh?
    mice racing motorcycles and howling parakeets

i will take a latte…or just a black coffee…
    what a cool place you live in as well…smiles.

On 31 January 2014 at 2:16 am

I do remember that day the parakeets were laughing- at such a wild sight- Were the mice on tiny motorcycles or the regular size ones? I think there were Clouds in my Coffee too!

On 31 January 2014 at 9:50 am

kaykuala said,

Very innovative take Jannie! Parakeets that laugh somberly can lead us on! Wonderful!

Hank

On 31 January 2014 at 10:19 am

You write such nice dreamy poems, Jannie Muffin!

ooxooxoooxx

On 31 January 2014 at 11:37 am

Mama Zen said,

I remember!

On 31 January 2014 at 1:50 pm

Hey, Peeps!! Jannie is rocking the eBay selling today — trying to pack January as full of auctions as I can.

See you all soon.

oxooxoxxoox

On 1 February 2014 at 11:22 am

Dr. J said,

I’m more than ready for Spring, myself, lol!

On 1 February 2014 at 1:07 pm

Jannie, your poems always make me smile. 😀 I hope you are having a happy weekend!

On 1 February 2014 at 8:23 pm

Mary — yes quite a travel piece. Did you have your parakeet for long? What was his or her name? Was he or she able to fly loose around the house, or did you have cats?

Teresa — today was warm and they hung outside almost all day, you’d swear there were 10 birds in that cage, not just two!

G-Nitro (pronounced, neetro,) why charmed, I’m sure! Stay tuned for next week, who knows where the poem will go? Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Margaret, thank you. We had undecorated beams for many years (Jannie has a simple, clean style) then a couple years ago Jimmy started cruising yard and estate sales to buy stuff to sell online, and oft times would bring treasures home to keep, which Jannie would appear suddenly and mysteriously atop the beams. Jannie was not sure if she liked them at first, then rearranged some of the bits and bobs to her satisfaction and found it to be quite pleasing overall. And so it went, and goes in love and art. :)

Alice Audrey, like what? Oh yes, break their fool necks when the motorcycles get out of synch with the sleds!

Hey, Bri, a latte does sound good, but I’m having a second cup of lemon echinacea licorice tea at the moment. I’ll slam down 2 strong cuppas in the a.m. Tried it black and never could quite dig it. I likes my cream, and a dash of sugar or honey. Thank you! You know Jim did all that woodwork himself, right? I especially like those closets he added on either side of the room a few years, a room he built himself too, of course, 18 years ago now.

Snaggle, I knew you would! Remember the motorcycles were parakeet size? And the mice kept spilling their milkshakes? And some crows wearing monk costumes came over and tried to pinch our pretzels? Yep — we had some dreams they were clouds in our coffee, but you are NOT so vain, or vain at all.

Gotta go!!

xoxoxoxo

On 1 February 2014 at 8:55 pm

Laura Hegfield said,

Ahhh Jannie it has been too long since last I visited your wild wonderful world.

On 2 February 2014 at 1:22 pm

claudia said,

poems flying up over the ceiling fan..oh i love the crazy weightlessness of these words… and your house has style…lovely… lovely birds as well… i had one when i was a kid – he used to tip toe up my arm and then sat under the veil of my hair in my neck and i loved how it tickled..smiles

On 2 February 2014 at 1:23 pm

Heaven (@ScarletVerses) said,

How utterly delightful ~ What a ride, I am laughing along with the parakeets,smiles ~

On 3 February 2014 at 5:31 pm

moondustwriter said,

Jannie
    what a wonderful tale on the wings of fancy.
    I miss you and your weekly smiles. Hope all is well. I know as kiddos grow life is buzy

Love and hugs from the smiling side of la luna :)

On 4 February 2014 at 5:57 pm

Hi, I just ate some spaghetti and it rained this morning.

Hank! Somber laughing, I like that. Is that like happy crying? :)

Lynnie Muffin, dreamin’ a little poem for you… :)

Mama Z! I knew you would!! And your beret akimbo looked so fresh that day!

Dr. J!. Do you realize Florida winter is like Maine early and late summer to some?

Daisy! Your poems make the world smile. And I can’t remember the weekend. :)

Laura! Well come back soon! this Thursday at 8:00 Michigan time!! post meridien, that is.

On 4 February 2014 at 6:12 pm

Whoops, I guess I hit Post on that. :)

Claudia! I bet he loved you SO MUCH!!! Sounds like he was very at home on you.

Oh, Grace-Heaven, I bet you say that to all the blushing parakeet poets. :) Thank you.

Moonie-Bo-Boonie! :) And your new gravatar, is that a photo of you from the back? And if so, who took it? And I love your checker-board blanket, or poncho, whatever that is!! I think I’m seeing a person there, on the sunset beach, right? I do admit my eyes are not quite as good as they used to be, and I have not seen my big magnifying glass since that night this past December at Kelly’s ballet studio when I was mending that skirt. Makes it possible to thread the needle. :) Yes, a mom of buziness, and business. But I usually get my business done while the child is at school and gymnastics so we can have some hanging out time, with dad too. her dad that is. My dad is in Canada. :) And I send love to you on the moon.

Thank you ALL for the pleasure of your visits and words.

xooxoxoxoxo

On 4 February 2014 at 6:19 pm

Wait, Moonie, I think it’s a picture of 2 people? A guy with darker hair and an auburn tressed maiden at his side? But maybe not. :)

Yah.

oxox

On 5 February 2014 at 12:47 pm

Hmmm, I could use that toboggan here today

On 5 February 2014 at 4:04 pm

Sara Healy said,

Who needs coffee when I have a hit of a Jannie poem? Written with a nice calming sigh:~) I do love your poetry.

On 6 February 2014 at 6:29 pm

Hi Snaggle. I used to haul my little sister, who is now, do the math Jannie do the math — 36 in a wood sled up to “Uncle Pete’s” store and back in the snow, like a total of 1.3 miles, after I got home from school most days. In winter, that is! In summer it was a cart with wheels. :)

Sara, you better be a-gettin’ ready for More Poem, MOPO, not to be confused with MOOP, as in The Moops typo-ed on Seinfeld for The Moors in Trivial Pursuit, as read by the character of George… that is More Poem MOPO very very soon, like in an hour or two, for Friday Flash Fiction Fifty-Five Funtime Fiesta.

Now I might go get some coffee!! :) :)

xooxoxoxoxooxox

TO WOGA WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 18 February 2014 at 5:54 am

Hi Jannie .. now I see another sled (if you fast forward to your later post – like I did!) … and that lovely motorcycle … the kids in Hamburg sent my mother a card with an elderly lady on her Harley or equivalent … brought us lots of laughter …!

Jannie – that’s amazing that you’re going off to WOGA – The World Olympic Gymnastics Academy … now I see the reason for the trip to Dallas .. I think it is?! Gosh I hope Kelly has an amazing time and that you totally enjoy the experience … what a wonderful start to the year …

Enjoy and good luck to Kelly – cheers and many thoughts Hilary

On 18 February 2014 at 5:07 pm

Thanks Dear Hilary. WOGA came and went. :) It was a good experience. Kelly’s floor routine is getting better and better, stronger and more precise. It’s AMAZING what she has been able to accomplish in just 2 years in competitive mode. Always great to see you, thanks! xoxooxoxoxoxoxo