She’d grown tired

Flash Fiction 55, Photography, Poetry | Posted by Jannie on 6 February 2014 @ 7:56 PM 22 Comments

snow_sled_with_beach_coral

Louvre

and by day
in the arms
of a croissant
named Mo.

flash55

Including the title, that’s 55 words!

xooxoxoxooxoxoxo

On 6 February 2014 at 8:06 pm

Mary said,

No better city to visit than Paris; but it might be pretty spooky to spend the night in the Louvre!!!

On 6 February 2014 at 8:16 pm

Teresa said,

That looks wonderful! For some reason it makes me feel a bit warmer to see all those sea shells. Love the trip to Paris!

On 6 February 2014 at 9:22 pm

G-Man said,

Jannie Dear….
    I loved your term High Tided, you can never forget
    your Maritimer roots can ya?
    Loved your sweet 55
    Thanks for using the Funfest to keep your awesome creativity
    sharp as a tack. I’m so happy to see you TWO weeks in a row
    Have a Kick Ass Week End….G

On 6 February 2014 at 9:48 pm

Croissants have arms?

On 6 February 2014 at 10:03 pm

brian miller said,

oo la la…MO eh? smiles…
    i would not mind being lost in paris

what a cool old slide you got there…

On 6 February 2014 at 11:20 pm

Janna said,

My croissant is named Stephan.

(*Whew.*)

(‘Cuz it’d be awkward if we found out we were secretly seeing the same croissant.)

Thanks for another Friday 55!
    Mine’s here. :)

On 7 February 2014 at 12:41 pm

This is delightful (as always), Jannie! I love the way your mind works. :)

On 9 February 2014 at 10:41 am

Margaret said,

This is so whimsical and fun. “high tided” is so perfect a word here and I am loving that fireplace screen… I jut googled and of course, I like the most expensive one.http://arts.rbjohnson.net/Listing_i205140

Sigh. But I am on the search for one without the word “Tiffany” in it, I guess.

You must come back next week – I love your 55’s. :)

On 9 February 2014 at 4:55 pm

Chris Edgar said,

I like the interesting use of “high-tide” as a verb — I know, as if anything could be more interesting than anthropomorphizing a croissant, right? Leave it to me to miss the forest for the trees.

On 10 February 2014 at 12:52 pm

A croissant named Mo. I like that, but it would have to live in my refrigerator if it had name. :)

On 10 February 2014 at 12:53 pm

A croissant named Mo. I like that, but it would have to live in my refrigerator if it had a name. :)

On 10 February 2014 at 12:55 pm

I did not mean to post this twice – I thought I was adding “a” before name before I sent it the first time. And then WordPress sent me a message saying “You are posting too quickly. Slow down.” :) At least now I’m driving your comment numbers up. :)

On 10 February 2014 at 10:45 pm

Good evening, morning or afternoon as it be with you.

I have to book a hotel room near Dallas for Thursday night, please don’t let me forget that, thanks! Actually Fort Worth. And I wonder how much the fort is worth? And who was Worth? And what his fort was like? Maybe a snow fort?

But back to this blog thang.

After a cup of tea… For me.

Maybe one for you too?

On 11 February 2014 at 12:31 am

Dearest Mary, have you ever read “From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweir? Frankelweir? EXCELLENT book. This brother and sister, maybe ages 12/ and 14? run away from home and live at the NY Met art museum, for like, 5? nights? As I recall, there is something in it about clues to Michelangelo. I was probably age 12 when I read it.

But long-winded me again, losing myself in the fancy of the Louvre at night. Be awesome if they’d shut off the hidden laser security beams so I could run wild in there after hours as much as I wished. I’d invite all you friends, of course. (As long we they not damage any of the artworks.) And there’d be a special wing of the museum for us all with unlimited excellent food and drink, and 24 / 7 access to cruise ship size comfortable quiet private berths for one and all — with loo / bath and only the finest bed soft silky cotton linens to slumber upon. :)

I bid thee fair eve, blog wanderer.

Jannie

oxox

On 13 February 2014 at 1:13 pm

Sara said,

This poem made me smile, especially the part about the croissant. I’ve eaten too many to name them, but Mo sounds appropriate.

There’s such a joy in reading your poems lately. They’re kind of like skipping. It feels happy and good:~)

On 13 February 2014 at 11:20 pm

We are in Fort Worth.

All is awesome.

Really really awesome.

Good night.

C u soon!

xxooooo

On 18 February 2014 at 3:03 am

Hi Jannie – Enjoy Fort Worth and I hope the little one does well. Love the thought of the high-tided … well perhaps not with the weather we’ve been having .. but the Olympics are on and their sleds are quite extraordinary .. yet where did it all start …

Your fireplace decoration is unique .. I love the look of it .. cheers Hilary

On 18 February 2014 at 5:05 pm

Hey thanks everybody. I’ve been really really busy and we’ve been traveling some for gymnastics, with more to go. Thanks so much for your visits. I have read all your words and appreciate your continued friendship in poetry blogging.

xoxo to all.

On 21 February 2014 at 10:56 am

Dr. J said,

lol! I can think of better things to do in Paris :-)

On 25 February 2014 at 4:49 am

The ego mind judges what is normal and abnormal. The heart sees everything as natural expressions of love. Love how the heart-mind appreciates everything. Reading between the lines is always fun. Thanks for whispering sweet nothing.

On 28 February 2014 at 2:13 pm

Thanks, everybody!

This heart-minded gal thinks you are all SO AWESOME!!!

Thanks for your whisperings of star-light and such.

oxoxoxooxox

On 1 March 2014 at 4:57 pm

Hugs on all the pressure, but you know it’s all worth it.