If You Find This Poem

Family, Flash Fiction 55, Poetry | Posted by Jannie on 27 March 2014 @ 6:50 PM 39 Comments

Me_and_My_3_brothers_long_long_ago

brought
so many
together
forever
in love.

flash55

Could it be true — G-Man’s final 55 after 7 years?!?

AWESOME run, dude!!! Thanks for inviting so many and keeping the party rocking.

We all love you, Galen! And glad you’ll still be keeping up your blog.

EDIT on April 3rd : Shay Fireblossom of Wordgarden and The Zen Of Motherhood (a.k.a Mama Zen) will be taking over the 55 hosting, with Shay starting off the festivities soon.  I shall edit-in the date and time of her hosting inauguration here very soon.

xoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Harley_Michigan_Smaller

Top Photo: Me with my brothers on our front step. I was just about to or had just turned 5.

And next week I’ll be turning TEN times that old. :)

On 27 March 2014 at 7:04 pm

Mary said,

Sad that I only discovered (thanks to Brian) G-Man within the past year. Yup, it matters, I think….that once upon a time we got to do Galen’s 55. Thanks for the tribute.

On 27 March 2014 at 7:07 pm

Grace said,

Such a lovely photo ~ Thanks for joining in ~ And advanced happy special day to you ~

On 27 March 2014 at 7:10 pm

Nara Malone said,

Awww…cute family. And it was a fun and an awesome run.

On 27 March 2014 at 7:30 pm

brian miller said,

smiles…i think i will be remembering galen for a long time to come
    but lets hope future generations do as well….

On 27 March 2014 at 7:44 pm

G-Man said,

Jeez, I feel like I’m reading my obituary!
    You Janitra, are a precious Gem in a driveway of Rocks
    Thanks for all the Funfest 55’s
    Please show Shay and Kelli a little love OK?
    I’ll still be around
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

On 27 March 2014 at 8:07 pm

lime said,

he did a great job building community of players. sweet memories of so many 55s.

On 27 March 2014 at 10:26 pm

Awesome old pic! Reminds me of “Little Rascals” “our gang…

I hope your poems are found in books all over the globe long after you decided to go…

On 27 March 2014 at 11:24 pm

Margaret said,

…and 50 times more beautiful! :) Yes, Galen had a great ability to connect so many different writers and cheer them all on. I’m glad he will still be blogging. Hope YOU have been well! I’ll have to scan through your blog now and see what you’ve been up to.

On 28 March 2014 at 4:05 am

Hi Jannie – gosh Hardwick and I send our biggest hugs to you for next week – we’ve both been there and life is quite good afterwards! Still having crazy fun.

Galen has done an amazing job and for 7 years .. I’ve seen you all around connecting with the 55 Flash Fiction Friday ..

Love the photo of you and your brothers .. have fun for your birthday and family time .. big hugs from us .. cheers Hilary

On 28 March 2014 at 8:39 am

Love that pic of you and your bros.

xooxooxx

On 28 March 2014 at 8:52 am

Yvonne Osborne said,

Hi Jannie!
    You always have such a neat site and I love your good-bye 55. I, too, am glad he’s keeping up with his blog. I haven’t been very prolific of late (blog wise) but I like to check in on my friends occasionally and know they’re still there!

On 28 March 2014 at 4:20 pm

Björn Rudberg (brudberg) said,

Ah.. yes I just recently found this.. through Brian.. and yes life will go on.. but Fridays was great to write these little pieces…

On 28 March 2014 at 4:48 pm

No WAY, Mary!! I feel as if I’ve known you like at least 3 years! Seriously. I think I first joined in on a 55 about 4 years ago? Plans for the New 55 sound fun.

GRACE!! I’ve missed you so much!! I actually added that photo about 30 minutes before this was posted. I need to say a special thank you to my scanner that worked like a charm! As I recall, that little faux fur coat I was wearing was a medium teal. But I could be wrong, that may have been the color of the coat I had around age 9, with a matching hat that had pompoms at the ends of both tie strings. :)

NARA!! What G-Man made and kept going is like Ashbury Haight, the early Village / Bleeker Street. But better. And funner. And increasingly more peaceful as we each learn to not worry about past or future, and realize that Now is a nice place to be.

BRI! I doubt many who ever meet Galen forget him, whether in blogging or Real life. just one of those character types. :) Looking forward to the new 55 style. Glad to hear 2 fine ladies are taking it over. I’ll play as much as I can.

G-Dudie! I really didn’t plan this post much, having only learned 2 hours before Show Time (via your FB page) you were about to do your wrap-up 55. I was like, “WHAT??!!!??” :) So I had to slap something up in a hurry. TOTALLY COOL that Shay and Mama Z will be hosting — two of my all-time favorite bloggers, and both AMAZING poetical talents, as well you know. I actually met YOU via Kelli, and met Kelli via Shay! Small world. :) Poor Shay, I crashed her blog one day. Will be fun the 55 to contniue, more parties to enjoy in new venues!! Congrats on now being a Regular Blogger. :) You deserve to pass on the torch you made and lit. And you KNOW I’ll be popping on in your blog, probably about as much I do now, which I know is sporadic. :) But hey — how about a Living Obituary, let all our buds know HERE how ass-kickingly great and all, we think they are. And all that mushy stuff. :)

Gotta go. Suzie gave me 3 pairs of Practically New leather shoes this morning I want to shine up and photograph for eBay…..

xooxoxoxoox

On 28 March 2014 at 5:45 pm

I love the old photo, Jannie. Enjoyed your 55 poem too. Hope you have a nice birthday next week! :)

On 28 March 2014 at 7:36 pm

Other Mary said,

Awww – this is so good Jannie.

On 29 March 2014 at 4:04 pm

Did Galen invent it? I thought he said he’d inherited it.

On 29 March 2014 at 6:00 pm

Hey, Lime — welcome back! Yes, G-Man had a way of pulling a lot of poets in. Quite a gatherer of peeps, indeed.

Hey, Snaggle — that’s once of the nicest things anyone has ever written to me about my poems, thank you!

Hey, Margarget — I believe G-Man connected me with YOU. Yes, indeed. And you were a staunch supporter of his for sure.

Hey, Hilary — I love the idea of Crazy Fun! At any age, eh? True what they say — it’s all in the mind and heart, youth. Cheers and hugs back!!

Hey, Lynnie-Bo-Binne — thanks!! I thought the manila envelope with a bunch of old pix had gone missing, but found it a few weeks ago, whoohooo.

Hey, Yvonne!! Enchanted to see you again. I was thinking of you just a couple days ago. I’m blogging a lot less than once too. Life calls!

Hey, Brudberg, and now Kelli and Shay get to host, keeping the fun going. Hope you will still drop a 55 now and then. It’s fun!

Hey, Sweet Daisy — thanks on all. It’s kinda weird to be turning five-oh, but I’m sure it’ll grow on me. And life’s only just starting, anyway!!

My Goodness, Other Mary — you are so kind. It was a snippet of a poem I had started a few weeks ago, then made it fit for Galen. Great to see you!

Hey, Alice Audrey, now that you mention that, I think that’s absolutely true, him having taken the torch for someone else, yes. Thanks for reminding me!

xooxoxo

On 31 March 2014 at 7:25 am

Dr. J said,

That’s a beautiful 55 to go out with, Jannie!!

On 1 April 2014 at 3:44 pm

Gabriella said,

Your poem made ma smile, Jannie! I like the idea of the 55 as a game Galen invented.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. The photo of my header was taken on a Swedish island.

On 1 April 2014 at 4:39 pm

I always kind of wondered what it was like before he took over. No where near as kick-ass, I’m sure.

On 2 April 2014 at 12:20 pm

grapeling said,

sweet photo and a sweet pen ~

On 2 April 2014 at 7:28 pm

Hey, Dear Dr. J. The thing of it is I learned shortly after I posted this that 2 fine poetical ladies shall be taking over the 55 word helm, but apparently it will now be on Tuesdays. And the inauguration is on the 8th. Will have to get the details on it.

Hey, Gabriella, in retrospect this poem could also contain something about the game of kick the (ass) can, or the ass kicking can game, or whatever. :) Well, Grrrrl, those Swedish harbour buildings totally reminded me of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia!!

Dearest Alice Audrey, I think Galen invented ass-kickery in blogging, if not in general. :) So, if G had it 7 years, that puts it back to 2007, so just a few years after the very first bloggers came on the scene, right? Except for the government in the 50, tho. I guess Big Brother was alive and well back then.

Grapeling,

sweet is the photo
    sweet is the pen
    sweet is the grape
    who comments now and then.

(Grapes, grapeling, get it, ha ha. ) :)

Oh goodness.

xooxoxoxooxoxo

On 3 April 2014 at 1:20 am

LL Cool Joe said,

Although I never did the 55 poems, I did enjoy the reading the bloggers like you, that did them each week! All good things come to an end. Love the photo of you you with your brothers!

On 3 April 2014 at 11:11 am

Yep, the ocean tide is changing, the 55 passing now to Fireblossom and Kelli. I might edit that into this post. Yes, nice to find that pic. thought a whole packet of baby pix had been mistakeny thrown out, but I found it recently whilst looking for some old letters. Now, where are those letters….. :) You’re AWESOME, Joey!! xooxo

On 3 April 2014 at 11:34 am

Teresa said,

It’s horribly difficult to see G-Man’s reign end. This is just a great poem and photo. Love it!

On 3 April 2014 at 5:36 pm

Sara Healy said,

Your poem was perfect and a nice tribute to Galen’s 55. I couldn’t participate because of word length…I’m much too wordy for 55’s, but I do enjoy reading the work of others, especially yours and Talon’s:~) I’m glad to know it will be continuing.

p.s. I loved the picture. So, that’s you in 1969? Also, happy birthday to you!

On 4 April 2014 at 5:32 am

gord said,

Last time I seen you and your brothers that young was in 69 when my family used to visit your home town. Didn’t even know you’all then, just passed by in the car every day wondering who is that beautiful girl and could I get past her brothers to get close, let alone from my adult supervision to get away to her. sunshine and love on your big day gordo xoxo

On 5 April 2014 at 9:41 am

Linda said,

Hi Jannie,
    A nice tribute to the G-man and the 55s. I haven’t played in a while, but it was always fun when I did. So the mantle is being passed along…I’ll check back for details.

I bet Spring is springing up all over in your area. Have a great weekend.

On 5 April 2014 at 12:42 pm

Hello, Awesome People!

Dearest Teresa, it’s bitter-sweet yes. But new beginnings are always fun too!!

Dearest Sara, I know what you mean, but the more 55s you write, the easier they become. (usually) :) Yep, us in 1969! Oh, and thanks on the Happy Birthday. Speaking of which, I think more cake after lunch might be a nice addition to the day! It’s Italian Cream Cake from Whole Foods.

Dearest Gord, I only remember meeting you that summer we were 16. But I’m sure we crossed paths before then! Thank you for the birthday comment.

Hey Dearest Linda, I think I have one written for this coming week. Just wondering what photo might go nicely with it. Hope you will play sometimes! I want to now go see when the kick-off is for the New 55, and edit it in.

xooxoxoxoox

On 5 April 2014 at 10:50 pm

Actually, blogging was a big media thing a year or two before I started in 2006. I’ve been watching the blogoshpere shrink ever since.

On 9 April 2014 at 4:56 pm

I think I first clued into what blogging was (after hearing the word for a while) when I read an article about it during SXSW in our local arts magazine, The Chronicle. I believe that was March, 2005. But possibly 2006? To those who say “blogging is dead” I say.. if you like blogging — blog!! And if you don’t, don’t. Amazing advice, eh? :) Create and post how and when you want. FaceBook is a kind of a blog for many people too. And now of course, Instagram is a big thing.

xooxoxoxo

On 12 April 2014 at 3:31 pm

When I first started blogging there was a lot of pressure in the Romance Writer’s community to do it for promotions purposes. I had a hard time balancing the personal with the promotional aspects of my blog. Now I don’t worry about it so much. I just do it.

On 15 April 2014 at 1:27 pm

I started JannieFunster.com to promote my music. They did not have full blog capacities, tho. I dumped them in Sept ’08 and started this blog. My music promotion does not get as much time input from me these days. But I did work on a song for while earlier today on guitar. oxoxo

On 22 April 2014 at 9:17 pm

Oh, I was wondering if you were getting any song writing done. The next post puts me in mind of your lyrics.

On 24 April 2014 at 11:36 pm

Hey, Alice, it is amazing to me how pieces of songs from the past year or so keep coalescing. And good to realize I will not continue recording over half the tunes I put a lot of tracks down for 2 and 3 years ago — they don’t hold up for me. The songs I AM keeping I am really in love with, one of them for my parents for this summer — for their 55th wedding anniversary. Actually, it’s more for my mom, as it’s called “Married Lady” but Dad sure features as her love interest in it! That’s my number 1 Song Priority to finish the lyric on. I got the chords and guitar on that ready to go.

Got “Homeless Man” finished, of course. And just 1 more couplet to slip into the newly-refined “Only Guilty Of Love.” Not sure if “Everybody’s Buttocks Are Beautiful,” “Strange” or “Sometimes” will call loudest next to be finished, in preparation for my next Open Mike share with friends. I have a funny song about eBay to write one day too.

I’m thinking I really need to pick which 2 hours of the day to devote solely to my songstering. Don’t ya think? I have not been putting the time I’d like to into it.

xooxoxoxo

On 28 April 2014 at 10:50 am

Yep. I think 2 hours a day is perfect. In fact, I’ve been meaning to set the same mount of time aside for my writing. 2 hours is long enough to actually get something done, but doesn’t chew up the whole day.

On 28 April 2014 at 3:07 pm

I have not done my 2 hours yet today (or any.) And barely worked on songs an hour on the weekend. When I get home later from doing groceries, I’ll do up a little “time” budget for the rest of the day. Which writing would you be working on in those 2 hours?

xooxoxoxoxo

On 18 May 2014 at 12:57 am

Beautiful Spanish Hussy. I’ve been stuck on revising the same scene for months now.

On 21 May 2014 at 4:25 pm

Now that’s an interesting title! I’ve been stuck on a song too, so must let it finds its own way or let it change direction. oxox