What She Does…

House Style, Photography, The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 13 June 2014 @ 6:31 PM 27 Comments

she_rainbow_looms

(Her dog relaxes too.)

making_bread_on_a_rainy_day

She bakes bread.

it_was_so_freaking_good

It is good.

got_the_dining_room_back

So very very freaking good.

rainbow_loom_lesson

Yes, she looms…

something_was_hilarious

laughs…

love

and loves.

she_friends

And she IS love.

neighborhood_lantana

notes…

1. Where Kelly and Sweety relax was the first addition to our house, which Jim and I designed and he built with his own two hands from 1994 to 1996.  He built all the woodwork in our dining room too. Built that corner cabinet.

2. Her sewing machine currently has a lower thread tension problem but we’ll get it sorted out.

3. She photographed that lantana with her brand new iPhone 5S as I was photographing her. Then she added in a filter effect, and Instagrammed it.

4. In the close-up of the choir she is the shortest girl (purple shirts) in the front row, just above the piano. That theater is actually in the high school she will attend here.

5. Yes, Jim is known to eat family dinner in his pajamas. Shhh, don’t tell anybody.  :) :) :)

6. You are AWESOME. Today is awesome — enjoy it.

7. I love the number 7.

8. 8 is enough.

9.  That’s a heartbeat monitor on Jim’s wrist. He was rear-ended months ago and is still needs pain management. He’s trying to remain chipper, but he sure is looking forward to feeling 100% again, and hopefully soon.

Jannie
xooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox

On 14 June 2014 at 12:54 am

kaykuala said,

Kelly is so talented. To think at a young age she is already showing great potential in many skills – she will go far. She is lucky you are there to provide all the support! You are blessed Jannie! And so is she, a plucky young lady!

Hank

On 14 June 2014 at 6:34 am

G. B. Miller said,

Kelly has turned into a very adorable and very remarkable young woman. Kudos to all.

On 14 June 2014 at 9:27 am

brian miller said,

hope you enjoy the awesomeness of the day as well
    she has a pretty full and vibrant life
    gotta love all that energy…
    and excitement…

great pics jannie

On 14 June 2014 at 12:34 pm

She is very, very busy! Great pictures, Jannie! Looks like things are going well. I hope Jim feels better soon.

On 16 June 2014 at 4:17 am

Oh to be so full of youth n energy to spare- Such a good start she has on life! So much to do, always best to stay busy- Already a star. N bakes too! Loved a;; the school concerts I went to- Good to get out n see all the kids.

Hope Jim recovers well ASAP- Those achy bones will slow ya down every time!

On 16 June 2014 at 5:30 am

Kelly is a very busy young lady – and so talented! I think y’all have fun all the time. So sorry to read about Jim’s accident – I hope he is better quickly.
    ooxxoox

On 16 June 2014 at 7:47 pm

Nessa said,

I am impressed. She is amazing and adorable.

On 17 June 2014 at 2:25 pm

TheWeyrd1 said,

Nice collection of pics! Kelly is way too busy for me…lol

On 17 June 2014 at 9:43 pm

Hey, you bunch of awesome people! Thanks so much for popping in.

I am working on a couple big fun happy projects at the moment, and will see y’all back here sooner than later.

xooxoxoxoxoxooxxo

P.S. I have not been out on any blogs in like, a month. But will as soon as I can.

On 18 June 2014 at 4:09 pm

Sara said,

And she takes after her mother for being so freaky talented:~) I am so pleased to see a new post! I’ve missed you. I know you’re busy and it’s a good thing you are, but even so, there are times when I stop by and sigh because I miss the poetry, the songs (which I hope you are still writing and singing?) and Jannie’s own special humor.

Kelly is growing up so FAST. Enjoy every second of her:~)

On 19 June 2014 at 1:17 pm

Dr. J said,

For some reason this makes me think of a Jim Croce song about living the dreams his father kept hid, Jannie.

On 19 June 2014 at 7:16 pm

Chris Edgar said,

Indeed, what doesn’t she do? I was half-expecting one of the pictures to be her raising her right hand and solemnly swearing to defend the United States Constitution, and then of course there would be the one with the parasailing and the one with her performing corneal surgery. Ah, give it a couple of weeks — you never know! I hope we get to hear her sing!

On 21 June 2014 at 1:15 am

You certainly have a dd to be proud of.

First line of defense on the sewing machine tension (after adjusting the tension, of course) is to make sure the bobbin holder is seated properly. There’s a little finger-like nub that comes out, generally facing to your right on the front side. It should butt up against a little metal piece attached to the body of the machine. Second is to get out as much lint as possible. If that doesn’t take care of it, you’re probably going to have to find a repair shop that will take it.

On 23 June 2014 at 3:29 pm

Hey, Hankie! Yes, I AM blessed, beyond compare. Plucky indeed. “Once we realize there is nothing to fear, we are fearless” quoted by our dear Liara Covert, can apply to her. And all of us!!

Hey G.B.! I never know where she will lead me and my camera next. I’m sure you and your wife are enjoying the same journey with your sweet little girl too.

Darest and Dearest :) Brian, so far today I have enjoyed much awesomeness, yes. And I hope you have and will too.

Dearest Daisy! Things are going well indeed, as things do when we allow them to. :) She really enjoys her hands-on creative pursuits to wind-down from school, home work and gym training. However, no school now, summer break. But yeah, she keeps me hopping. And driving. :) And cooking!! Gymnasts requite a lot of food frequently. :) Thanks for inquiring about Jim. He had some shoulder shots this morning, feeling better, but still has some intermittent pain.

Dearest Snaggle, yeah she’s really such a lucky child. That school she goes to is just AMAZING. Choir is an elective. Next year she will have a few extra concerts, so we’ll just have to play it by ear on the scheduling, as that and her gym meet season might be about the same time. Gym comes first!! Yes, love all those concerts too. (Plz see my reply to Daisy on Jim’s health, thx.)

Hey, Lynnie! Yes, we do tend to stay busy. I think having just 1 kid in the house makes Mom have to come up with more play / social interactions. She was very inspired and enthused by the cooking and sewing in Home Ec this past semester. And once she started to rainbow loom, she did it almost everywhere! Except for in the gym and in the classroom at school. :) She has come up with a lot of her OWN bracelet designs, which does not surprise me in the least, because that’s the way Kelly is! :) (Plz see my reply to Daisy on Jim’s health, thx.)

Dearest Nessa! isn’t she great?!! And I love to see that kids are still interested in some of the “old-time” skills, not just on their iPhones 24/7/365.

OMG –Werdie….. It must be Kerrville Folk fest time? :) She does have quite a bit of free time on that couch now that school is out. And you know what — ?! She’s way too busy for ME, but I figure once she’s 18 I’ll get a good night’s sleep again. :) :)

I love you, Sara! I hope you have been stopping by and cruising the above pix? :) Songs, I think soon I shall post some lyrics, the ones to “Homeless Man.” Maybe find out when some poetry share linking is about to commence, and submit it for that. Finished the song for my mom for her and Dad’s 55th wedding anniversary, “Married Lady.” Gonna sing that for them this August, live and in person in Canada. I’ll post those lyrics after the summer, with photos of the anniversary party. And I’ve written a tune called “Only Guilty Of Love” for, just 1 line in that awaiting the Universe’s input.

That’s really cool, Dr. J. I’m not sure if I know the tune. Croce is certainly one of my all time fave writers. Right up there with Harry Chapin, Paul Simon, et al for writin’ so good. Beautiful line, I will Google to see what the rest of the song says. Hopefully a happier one than “Patches” you once mentioned here in a comment! :)

Sweeties! I gotta go for now.

Be back when I’m back! :)

xoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox

On 23 June 2014 at 8:28 pm

Audrey Howitt said,

What a tender portrait of your daughter!

On 24 June 2014 at 11:54 am

claudia said,

you know it is wonderful that she has so many different interests and tries so many things – that is awesome – too many kids don’t know what to do with their time in spite of sitting in front of the tv

On 25 June 2014 at 11:29 am

Sara said,

Well, it’s nice to know music and poetry are still blooming in your world. I have no doubt the Universe will send you in the right direction regarding, “Only Guilty of Love.” That’s a cool title:~)

I’m pleased life is keeping you busy and you are enjoying it as much as your posts indicate. I know you will, but enjoy every moment with Kelly. Mine are grown and live far away, but my youngest visited just recently and we had a great time:~)

Enjoy your summer, Jannie!

On 26 June 2014 at 3:57 am

Hi Jannie .. good to see you up and about here again with lots and lots of pics and creative ideas .. I’m glad Jim is being monitored and sincerely hope he feels 100% again soon ..

Is Kelly 13 – did I get that right .. delicious looking cake … and certainly she’s taking the opportunity to do so much and try so many things out – that’s wonderful ..

Lovely that you’re still writing .. and will have some more work up and out here anon .. thanks for putting all the photos up – they ‘re fun ..

Cheers and hugs – Hils and Hardwick .. xoxoxo

On 27 June 2014 at 10:55 am

Chris! And how about the one of her performing that corneal surgery WHILST parasailing, yikes. :) YES! You WILL hear them sing! An Irish folk tune called “I Know Where I’m Going.” Just need to find the right program to trim the clip on my SD card, then upload. Someday soon-ish! Their choir won all FIRSTS, thus all the trophies on stage.

Hey, Alice thanks for the input. The guy who repaired my digital camera (genius tinkerer) worked on her machine and still could not fix it. So I guess we do need to take it to a ship. And a shop. :) Maybe a shop on a ship?

Hey Audrey! How nice to see you here! She’s a special little gal, as little gals tend to be. And big gals too!! :)

Hey, Claudia — well, she is lucky that her school electives are so awesome. She made pajama pants this spring in “Teen Skills” and enjoyed the cooking part too. And that Rainbow Loom! Loves having her hands busy, always has.

Sara! Guess what I’ve been doing for the past 2 hours?! Songwriting!! Able to print out the 3 new chord charts now. Might even take those to Freddie’s OM this coming Wednesday if I feel I’ve learned the new lyrics sufficiently. And I accepted the Universe’s bridge lines today on a tune, yay! I love when a lyric is done!! Do you text with your far-away daughters mostly, or e-mail, or call more? Now that Kelly’s got a phone again, it’s awesome texting her!

Hey, Sweet Sweet Hilary! I’ll catch ya later… gotta fly…… Jim and I are gonna watch some “How I Met Your Mother” before he has to go get The Pea from gym.

oxoxoxoxooxoxo

On 27 June 2014 at 2:35 pm

Linda said,

Dear Jannie, How did I miss this? She really is and does a lot of things. Quite accomplished for one so young. I love bread, too, and that really looked yummy. I know you are more than proud of your young’un. How’s summer in your neck of the woods?

On 1 July 2014 at 10:57 pm

Hey, Dearest Hils — yes, she will soon be turning 13 — another big party ahead. That was actually her friend’s cake, she’ll always be a few months older than Kelly. Oh yes, my dear, still writing. Always writing songs whether consciously or not. :) Sure hope your summer’s going great and all’s well with you. xooxoxoxo

Hey Dearest Linda, you remind me I have to buy more flour and yeast for bread-making, going to mix in a bit of potato flour this time. Summer is flying along. Going good, concentrating on family matters, building our eBay business and trying to keeping the house clean. :) What you up to? xooxoxoxo

On 8 July 2014 at 7:55 am

Linda said,

Summer is rolling along here too. Hubby was traveling for weeks on end from February through June. Things are getting back to normal and we have vacations planned now. Just painted the bathroom and have more projects on tap.

On 11 July 2014 at 11:05 pm

Linda glad hubby is back. Hopefully he made tons and tons of money!! :) Ooooo vacations, where to? i love how paint makes such a big change fast. Kind of like singing!! :)

xooxoxooxoxooxoxo

On 11 July 2014 at 11:53 pm

Doy. First should have been changing the needle. Also try it on different fabrics. I’ve had some fabrics that would mess with both my machines no matter what I did.

On 12 July 2014 at 10:14 am

Linda said,

Vacation! First we are going to PA to visit our best-est friends, and get a cheese steak fix in Philly. Then our annual trip to St. Pete, FL in the fall. No telling what else we will come up with. We seriously need some down time. Still doing DIY stuff now.

On 24 July 2014 at 2:16 am

LL Cool Joe said,

She’s a very busy young lady with lots of passions and interests and that’s good. Who is that beautiful girl with the bald head in the gym photo?

Seeing these photos as inspired me to get my daughters to do more. My younger ones does, but my eldest, not so much.

On 15 August 2014 at 5:26 pm

Dearest Alice Audrey, I will ask him if he changed the needle, thanks!! Yes, she had a nightmare with the silky stretchy fabric she sewed a scrunchie from, but it ended up looking very professional and should last a long long time.

Dearest Linda, how did the DIY stuff go? Still at it?

Dearest Joey, the beautiful girl in the photo is just that — beautiful. And so sweet. Kelly’s been in gym with her for over 3 years now. Yes, I think as your girls get older they are into their own pursuits, but that’s not all bad if they are happy.

xooxoxoxooxox