She Won!!!!!!!!!!!

Gymnastics, Just Good Stuff, The Pea | Posted by Jannie on 12 January 2015 @ 3:20 PM 22 Comments

The_Winner

Announcing the Level 7 All-Around Champion at our first meet of the season.

Total score 36.4 (out of 40) with FIRST on uneven bars, and tied for FIRST on balance beam.

after_the_meet

THREE gold medals around her cute little neck.

Whooohooooo.

in_the_elevator

On my phone with her dad after her big win.

xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

edit: apologies for the further-out photos being a bit fuzzy, but wait until Kelly gets the new camera she’s been saving up for!! We gonna be zooming in BIG TIME with precision. I hope anyway — for a $500 camera! :) :)

And….. here were the Dec. Jan. Friends Of The Month…

On 12 January 2015 at 3:26 pm

I’m gonna comment first!!!

Kelly, considering last season you did not even have a bar routine, and NOW you know you can earn at least a 9.45 on that event — it really shows the proverbial “where there’s a will there’s a way,” and “mind over matter.” WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You’ve worked so so so hard. Good job, and keep going!!!

xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Mom

On 13 January 2015 at 11:19 am

Gord said,

Yeah Kelly. Proud and supportive parents are proof that our children can achieve anything. The start of even better things to come.

On 13 January 2015 at 12:54 pm

Hey, thanks, Awesome Gord. And did you check out my tumblr blog? I have a link up top to it now. I re-tumble others’ posts, sometimes a dozen posts a day. As to your comment on support, I think for us it’s 1/3 parenting, 1/3 coaching and 1/3 team mate friendship.

On 13 January 2015 at 1:10 pm

Wowwwwww!!!!! That is awesome! I’m so proud for her and for you and Jim. Great job, Kelly!!!

On 13 January 2015 at 1:30 pm

Yep, Bo-Binnie. It was a smaller meet, and she will need to keep her game up for the upcoming bigger meets, but she’s totally got most of the skills down, and is working diligently on getting the others great too. And holy freaking cow — on vault she can do a WHOLE TWIST off that table!!!!! She got a 9.1 on vault — her highest score yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She rocks!! And our gym ROCKS!!!

xooxoxoxoxooxo

On 13 January 2015 at 1:31 pm

Lynn. Oh yes, and our Jim rocks too!!!!! Papa Bear helping make it all happen.

On 13 January 2015 at 8:24 pm

G. B. Miller said,

Now that is some serious awesomesauce!

Congrabulations!

On 14 January 2015 at 4:38 pm

Sara said,

Wow. That’s so impressive, Kelly. You go girl:~)

You and Jim must be “beaming” with pride and joy!!! As are we all who have watched her grow up. It’s nice to visit here and feel the excitement of seeing Kelly becoming such a marvelous and talented young lady.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep blogging and visiting, but then I come to post, like this one, and I remember why I do it:~)

On 14 January 2015 at 5:16 pm

This is wonderful! How fantastic that all her hard work has paid off. Congratulations to Kelly! WOOT! 😀

On 14 January 2015 at 10:42 pm

Wow! Congrats!!!

Even a little out of focus, her grin is great.

On 15 January 2015 at 10:54 pm

brian miller said,

dang…someone is a rock star….that is awesome…great job little one…

On 15 January 2015 at 11:52 pm

Super Cool!!!! Wish I had time to load up these pics sooner…

* ConGrats Champion Kelly! *

Very Shiny costumes too-

I’ve been fighting with a new cam myself- not many decent pics in 3 weeks yet. So hard to learn Auto when you’re a manual pic taker…

On 17 January 2015 at 12:43 am

Hi Jannie – so so pleased for you .. wonderful news. Clever girl – and fabulous you’ve both given her so much support … congratulations and big hugs – I’ll be back in a few weeks .. only hours to go now! Hardwick and I will be thinking of you all basking in Kelly’s wins .. Hilary

On 17 January 2015 at 1:09 am

And she won FIRST on bars again today in San Antonio, a much bigger meet.

And I’m up way too late. :)

Love to all, and thanks for popping in.

Hilary, good luck and I will be in touch soon.

xooxoxo

On 20 January 2015 at 3:41 pm

Linda said,

Hi Jannie,

I know you are a proud mama and she’s a talented young lady. I see my sweet Rosie’s face on your sidebar. Thank you.

On 22 January 2015 at 12:41 pm

claudia said,

oh wow
    you must be so proud
    she’s a beautiful young lady
    congrats and hugs from me
    smiles

On 22 January 2015 at 4:44 pm

Dr. J said,

Good for Kelly!! All her hard work is really paying off!

On 22 January 2015 at 6:16 pm

Hey, G.B.! It was an AWESOME meet! And we (the team) got to all hang out together for 2 whole days, doing the hotel thang.

Ahhh, Sara, thanks. I hope you always keep being my blog visitor. I have more lyrics for my next post, a song called “Everybody’s Buttocks Are Beautiful.” You will hopefully get a smile from it. I’m actually gonna get back on FB after I post this (well, call Mom first,) and put up a Youtube of our more recent meet. She made a 9.425 on floor! And I know she can get it to at least a 9.6, and higher, she’s getting stronger.

Yep, totally My Dear Daisy! She does work hard at her training.

Hey, Bri! Yep, pretty cool. We are all so proud of and happy for her.

Yes, Snaggle I LOVE the warm-ups. We got all-new ones and brand new leotards again this year. WAIT until you see said leo. Even prettier than last year’s, which has a hard one to top. Congrats on your new camera. Are you used to Auto yet?

Dearest Hilary! How ARE you??!! I shall be emailing you again soon. Thinking of you a lot and hope all went well!!! And since I love bragging-up on Kelly — she did AWESOME again at her meet since the one in this post,l a much bigger event — first on Bars again and 2nd in the All-Around.

Hey, Linda — do I brag too much? :) Yes, sweet little Rosie your angel cat.

Thank you Dear Lovely Claudia. It is fun to win!!! And really means something because to have to be really GOOD to get the medals.

Hey, Dr. J! It really is paying off, lots of muscle work. And courage on them bars.

So……..

xooxoxoxoxooxoxoox

On 7 February 2015 at 1:06 pm

LL Cool Joe said,

Hey well done to Kelly!! Love the metallic look and red sneakers. Very cool!

On 10 February 2015 at 2:54 pm

Thanks, Joey. Yeah, we are the BEST DRESSED team too!!! Bling bling, baby. :)

xoxoxoxooxoxoxox

On 6 March 2015 at 12:26 pm

Hi Jannie – thanks for the Good Luck – only just got here .. but hips don’t like being sat on when they’re new – all well now as you know. Thanks too for joining the friends of the month .. I’d forgotten about Jasmine!

BlueBunny and Hardwick I can’t forget about .. but I had forgotten Jasmine – there are plenty of those around already … big hugs and congratulations to Kelly … and thanks for my hip hop verse … run to read – hugs all round … Hilary

On 7 March 2015 at 7:29 pm

Hey, Hils! You submitted this on the “wrong” post. :) :) :) I do that sometimes too! Glad to hear the hip is getting better and better. Thinking of you. Hugs to you too!!! xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo