after he silently
perused my finest
wares for something
worthy of his wife for
– the 1960s
art pottery coffee
and the antique
robin’s egg blue
tall rare demitasse
lined with gold,
all he could
And that was 55 words, right??
in front of God
and the whole
when he was
not quite six,
my nephew responded
to questions about
rules for our lives
during Childrens’ Story,
in his clear expressive voice…
“In our house
there is no hitting,
kicking or biting,
and I know
but I never say it.
~~ Take it to The G-Man if your 55 wants to come alive.
P.S. That’s the church I grew up in.
Had 12 years Perfect Attendance at Sunday School there — hard to believe, eh?
Mom & Dad were married 54 years last month!
My sister (awesome person!) made that card. The girl at the top is my niece. She just entered high school.
You rock too.
Funsterment, Photography | Posted by Jannie on 23 April 2013 @ 10:58 PM
In Our Garden…
And in things we bought at yardsales to sell on eBay…
Notes on 3 of the above…
Kelly used an i-Pad ap for her professor look. Then I photoshopped in the books.
The final photo was taken last week. Very tricky photography to stand, trying to balance on my left foot and hold my right up steadily next to the hanging basket.
And the top photo I took yesterday as I posed somewhat comfortably on a stool.
Well, that’s it!! How are y’all doing? What’s your favorite of these 10? Mine’s the seedlings one.
1. Holy crap, there’s a lot of poop in here. [one of the litter boxes]
2. When did they put a speed bump there?
3. I think I’ll have some wine with this macaroni.
4. I don’t have a fancy water pitcher and that’s just a shame. [whine, whine, whine]
5. I wonder if we have any crackers in this house less than 3 years old? [age of crackers that is, not of house]
6. There could be worse lunches than pumpkin pie and coffee. [Yeah, like... crack and whiskey?]
7. Why sweep the floor when you can just photoshop stuff out?
8. WHO PEED ON THAT AGAIN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [My suspicion is one of the 2012 cats][THAT was a chair]
9. Okay, where’d I put my glasses this time?
10. Frig the eBay — I’m blog-hopping today!
BONUS… tip to bribe 6 cats into portrait together… Wait ’til dinner. Hold camera in one hand and food plate in the other!
(And DID I photoshop the dirt off the floor before posting that pic? Well, only I’ll ever know for sure.)
Oh, and remember those 4 kittens’ size just a few months ago??
Oh, and here’s what they do at night if we forget to hide the paper towels in a cupboard… Little Friggers.
1. Oh my god, I’m exercising.
2. Yay, I got eight bucks – not five!!!
3. There’s something weird about these pickles.
4. Oh, I wish I had a pair of stretchy shorts.
5. Why is my computer being so naughty?
6. Hey, who stole my flip-flop? (One of 4 little cats for sure. Luckily I did recover said foot rigging.)
7. Gosh, how can my armpit hair grow that much in one day?
8. I’m not gonna let it rain on my eBay parade!
9. Lord, please give me the strength to figure out the Baby Bjorn. (One Jim bought at a yard sale for me to sell.)
10. Where’d my good bra get to this time?
11. Okay, I’ve eaten entirely way too many cookies.
12. I need to cut my finger nails. (Said about 2 hours ago as I attempted the open E-Chord on my lovely guitar.)
13: editing this in Sunday afternoon… WOW, them’s some yellow flowers!!!
Pretty daisies Jim bought me yesterday.
And yes, I suppose my next post could include some “after” shots of a manicure. Good idea, thanks!!
But wait — a bonus photo: taken about 5 mins after I brought the daisies in from the back-deck photo shoot.
The only thing I staged below was moving the 5 books on top from the spot marked “Here” to their stunning position you see…
And Friends — don’t forget! Funsterment Central is keeping up with the Free Daily Photo. Don’t be shy to partake.
We still don’t have comments on those, but one day we shall — God and the Wordpress Sprites willing.