She rainbow looms.
She shops for fabric.
She water musics.
She toy store musics.
(Her dog relaxes too.)
She bakes bread.
It is good.
So very very freaking good.
Yes, she looms…
And she IS love.
1. Where Kelly and Sweety relax was the first addition to our house, which Jim and I designed and he built with his own two hands from 1994 to 1996. He built all the woodwork in our dining room too. Built that corner cabinet.
2. Her sewing machine currently has a lower thread tension problem but we’ll get it sorted out.
3. She photographed that lantana with her brand new iPhone 5S as I was photographing her. Then she added in a filter effect, and Instagrammed it.
4. In the close-up of the choir she is the shortest girl (purple shirts) in the front row, just above the piano. That theater is actually in the high school she will attend here.
5. Yes, Jim is known to eat family dinner in his pajamas. Shhh, don’t tell anybody.
6. You are AWESOME. Today is awesome — enjoy it.
7. I love the number 7.
8. 8 is enough.
9. That’s a heartbeat monitor on Jim’s wrist. He was rear-ended months ago and is still needs pain management. He’s trying to remain chipper, but he sure is looking forward to feeling 100% again, and hopefully soon.
in the quiet cafe
when our poems
flew up over the
ceiling fans into
the wine bottles
an angel poured
our smiles from?
our poems’ bones
then floated on
the steam of our
lattes to the hill
where mice were
down snow sleds
to entertain two
That would be YOUR 55 fictional words, G-Man!
xoxoxo to all.
(Parakeet winter afternoon hanging spot to keep me company.)
It’s not even Tuesday
and I’m posting a poem
to show you improvements
we’ve made to our home.
I’ve been storing / selling
some stuff for a friend,
seemed those boxes
would never-ever end.
But an angel came over
and helped lug ‘em out.
Then with my broom
i danced all about.
I covered the old garden
with a perfect-sized rug,
put the blinds up myself,
then gave me a hug.
With a fine shipping table
and lots of bubble wrap,
shelves, then inventory
that was pretty-much that!
The view from there
is this one you see…
where here at my
laptop i usually be.
No more of this now
to haunt me by day…
just a tidy little nook
for my growing eBay.
~~ end of poem
Posted with love to all my buds.
P.S. All construction here (including stained glass install) built by Jim’s own 2 hands, 14? 15? years ago, an addition to our house.
He helped my store-nook dream come true by ply-wooding over that big square in the floor which once housed an indoor garden that had waned over the years.
The indoor garden was not making me money so it HAD to go!!
Speaking of eBay — back to it, Baby!!! I had a slow Dec. but January is picking up.
And here’s a photo edit-in on Friday Jan. 17th, at 3:21 p.m. Texas Time.
Shipping Desk cat “Clue” KNOWS he’s not supposed to be up there, naughty boy.
(We recycle old swimming pool noodles as cushioning material to help pack delicate items. Sometimes people just give them away at the yard sales where we get a lot of our eBay things to sell.)
What’s UP with the cats adopting Kelly’s new (used) balance beam as their nap area!!??
Speaking of The Gymnast, last month she landed her back walkover / back handspring combo on the high beam!!
Here she was at age 3…
She enjoyed gymnastics from age 3 to 5, tried other stuff, then returned 4 years ago at age 7 (at Austin’s best gym, make that Texas’ and possibly the Nation’s best gym) — with the last 18 months on competitive team.
She still LOVES it!!
And last week, one I took with her “Fast Camera” iPhone ap and she captioned.
Her balance beam straddles one of our house additions Jim built with his own 2 hands years before she was born.
Yep, he did all the woodwork too, as i sat drinking wine and singing him songs.
Here’s another view of said room, taken yesterday morning…
My new eBay china shop / office corner I set up this weekend!!!
Yay, with a grown-up size chair and desk, whooohooooo.
Here’s a “before”…
Ahhhhh, much better now!! ….
My new desk is actually just a table, with Kelly’s old toy shelves arranged on top…
I assembled those shelves all by my l’il ‘ol self when she was a toddler!
Another shot I took this morning with my new office peeking around the corner…
A little messy in eBay Command Central transition mode, but I like it — and stay tuned!
Off now to take pix for 10 auctions and get those up.
And how is YOUR life??
A few scenes from Funsterland for you, the most recent taken just before sunrise today.
We wish you the merriest, sweetest, funnest Christmas ever!!
Thanks for being my blogging friend!
I love YOU!!!!!!!