After another great gymnastics season in January and February, including (but not limited to) 2 more gold medals and winning “Alamo Classic” First Place team… Kelly retired from the sport. She’d been a gymnast for 10 years and was ready for something new.
In early April she tried out for her high school’s JV cheer squad, and made it!!
She is a “flyer,” LOVES it and they love her. But how could they not?!!??!!
Cheer group photo above taken just a week after tryouts.
3 weeks ago we adopted the sweetest 7-year-old terrier from the animal shelter.
His name is Muffin “Houseshadow” Funster.
Houseshadow because he follows me every step I take when I’m home.
Kelly got her upper braces on a couple months ago.
Her lowers go on soon.
Jim designed and is building a spec home here in our neighborhood. It’s a spacious craftsman abode with a vaulted-ceiling open-concept kitchen/living/dining looking out onto the backyard from that long wall of windows.
The 3 little pix on the left show a progression of the back of the house.
Framing, taken New Year’s Day 2016, showing either end of the big living area. A “before” pic for sure, to one day be juxtaposed with the finished product. Stay tuned!!
I’ll show you the house’s front one day too. Lots of wood trim and shutters, olde New England style — with Jim’s own artistic flair, of course!
So happy the exterior of the house is mostly complete now — he can finish the inside all summer in the A/C!!
A cool art museum / park in Austin we had a lot of fun at a few months ago.
I decided on my favorite 15 tunes and updated my chord/lyric Songbook, getting really close now to being ready for some 1-hour shows.
So…. my dear friends, just a few of the pics from our life and times these past few months. For those of you who already saw them on FaceBook and Instagram, thanks for bearing with me!!
Keep on rocking and I’ll talk to y’all soon!!
Oh, and a few photos from her final competitive gymnastics season…
Kitchen Sink | Posted by Jannie on 26 July 2010 @ 6:35 AM
1. Painted a set of window shutters. And did a fairly nice job!
2. Sorted and Completely Organized 3 of my 27 boxes of papers and stuff.
3. Moved all my Blue Bunny headers to a new folder named (surprisingly) “BB-Headers.”
4. Moved all my background designs to a new folder named (imaginatively) “Backgrounds.”
5. Moved all BB’s props to a new folder called (surprisingly and imaginatively) “BB-Props.”
5. Thought about cleaning the fish tank.
6. Thought about mopping the floors.
7. Thought about organizing the clothes closets.
8. Did the dishes 4 whole times in the past week!!
9. Booked some studio time for next month to start laying down tracks for my new tunes.
10. Printed out the above and other photos of Austin, his sister Alyssa and a certain young girl named Kelly, and mailed them to Aunt Sue who lives in Toronto. (Guess who Jannie Sue is named for?) Auntie doesn’t do Internet, so it was a good feeling to help catch her up on her great-nieces and great-nephew.
Yes, Dad has been known to actually drive his snowmobile on SNOW — not just on summer grass!
Winter!! How wonderfully wonderful it can be.
Kalyani’s par-amour likes the coldest season because he doesn’t sweat as much as in summer, cutting down on laundry hassles.
What I like — no, what I absolutely LOVE about winter is being able to wear wonderfully wonderful long dark pants and long sleeved sweaters. That cozy covered-up feeling makes me feel like The Ultimate Real True Jannie, the Jannie destined for the happiest of hippity-hopping everywhere I go.
How ’bout you? What do you like about winter?? (If anything.)
Guys, sorry I’ve been AWOL. Dear sweet Lynn just e-mailed to check up on me.
Took me a while to recover from the camping trip lack of sleep, went to a song critique session last night, been re-writing bits here and there, (still trying to get the 3rd verse lyrics of Rosie’s song to flow immaculately,) working on guitar, making and delivering posters and flyers for the show, getting with Affordable Sound about the CDs, trying not to freak out in any way, as the turn-around for what I want is actually 7 business days, not 2 or 3 . Etc, etc.
Sorry I haven’t even answered your comments from the last post. I aim to soon. And revel in your latest blog posts. And I aim to get another song video up in the next couple-few days, the “I Need A Man” (with a chainsaw,) one.